Cam to Patriots

Proud Tiger

I'm glad he is back to playing. I love me some Cam and it would be a shame to have someone of his caliber of talent go to waste. I just can't pull for the Pats... I loathe Belichick and his cheating ways. I am a Saints fan and I was fine with Cam at the Panthers even they are a NFC South rival but I just can't pull for the Pats. I will however pull for Cam to do well though just because he is a fellow Tiger.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Six Auburn tigers, and two tigers playing for the starting job...wild 

no matter who you root for (I could care less about the NFL aside from Cam), I would hope we collectively understand how big it would be if this current team were to go all the way. Biggest franchise, biggest spotlight aside from Tampa Bay and MAYBE KC, this is big 

I rooted against Cam in the Super Bowl and I'll root against him here too.  He's an obstacle on the way to a championship.  Although KC is a much bigger hill to climb today.

#GoBroncos

Man I think this is awesome! First, taking over for the GOAT is a task that few are up to. Although I was stoked to have another AU QB starting in the league, I was not looking forward to what Stidham would have gone through had they not had immediate success, he would obviously be a lightning rod for criticism. Secondly, if anyone is capable of stepping in and being able to even somewhat replace what Brady means to the Pats, it’s a healthy and motivated Cam. He’s on a 1 year deal so if he has a good year he can move on to another team with a blockbuster deal and Stidham gets a year of tutelage under him. If Cam stays, Stidham continues as backup  another year or two before taking over. May even get traded to another team to start for them as well which would be great. Regardless, this is a great situation for all imo. 

So are we just duplicating threads for no reason now?  

I get that Cam is special to the AU family but there have been many threads moved with more direct relevance to AU football instead of someone that left 10 years ago.

Either way I hate this.  I hate the Pats and all they stand for.  No way Cam going there will change that.  No Raiders fan will ever get over the Patriots or any players on their team.....  JMO

What I really don’t like about this is what it might do to cam’s reputation. The idiots of the world still buy into the narrative that Cam is somehow awful, seeing him as a cheater, immoral, selfish, and weird (okay, some of his clothing choices are... interesting). Those people are wrong. But now he goes to play for a coach that’s known for doing those exact things. Does that have an effect on how he’s seen? I mean, the people that still see Cam that way aren’t changing their minds. Cam could pay for their cancer treatment and they’d still badmouth him. But I worry that him being in NE may grow that group. 

On the other side of it, this could be really good for Cam. Better protection. A better run game. Even though his receivers aren’t great, he has still more talent than he had in Carolina the last few years. And, as much as I don’t care for Belichick, he uses players well. Rumor even has it that he’s wanted a dual threat for a while. If Cam really is healthy, this could really jumpstart his career better than any of the other teams showing interest.

As a side note, I also love that he’s potentially going to get an opportunity to mentor Stidham. I think Stidham could be the next great ex-Auburn NFL QB. But he isn’t ready. Some of the things I think he’s lacking, Cam has.

Screenshot_20200629-164324.png

6 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

I rooted against Cam in the Super Bowl and I'll root against him here too.  He's an obstacle on the way to a championship.  Although KC is a much bigger hill to climb today.

#GoBroncos

Ew

1 hour ago, AUFriction said:

What I really don’t like about this is what it might do to cam’s reputation. The idiots of the world still buy into the narrative that Cam is somehow awful, seeing him as a cheater, immoral, selfish, and weird (okay, some of his clothing choices are... interesting). Those people are wrong. But now he goes to play for a coach that’s known for doing those exact things. Does that have an effect on how he’s seen? I mean, the people that still see Cam that way aren’t changing their minds. Cam could pay for their cancer treatment and they’d still badmouth him. But I worry that him being in NE may grow that group. 

On the other side of it, this could be really good for Cam. Better protection. A better run game. Even though his receivers aren’t great, he has still more talent than he had in Carolina the last few years. And, as much as I don’t care for Belichick, he uses players well. Rumor even has it that he’s wanted a dual threat for a while. If Cam really is healthy, this could really jumpstart his career better than any of the other teams showing interest.

As a side note, I also love that he’s potentially going to get an opportunity to mentor Stidham. I think Stidham could be the next great ex-Auburn NFL QB. But he isn’t ready. Some of the things I think he’s lacking, Cam has.

I still don’t know how Stidham looks with pressure in his face. After watching almost all his preseason snaps last year, I thought he definitely looked improved, but not improved enough, if that made sense 

as with many things, there’s not a lot of neutral sentiment with the guy. Some think he could’ve had them as tops in the division, some thought he would’ve been their vehicle for Trevor Lawrence 

2 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

Either way I hate this.  I hate the Pats and all they stand for.  No way Cam going there will change that.  No Raiders fan will ever get over the Patriots or any players on their team.....  JMO

Sounds like this has more to do with your anger about this thread than a duplicate lol

11 hours ago, AUDevil said:

Its great to fall asleep to on a Sunday afternoon.

Yes sir it is. Even my wife likes to have it on when she takes a nap. 

11 hours ago, Auctoritas said:

I've always thought being a Falcons fan and an Auburn fan were very similar in terms of the roller coasters.

I still haven't watched a Super Bowl since the 2016 season.

I have never liked the Falcons or anything else about/in Atlanta. I guess it started with Ga. Tech when I was in school (1955-1959).

7 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

I guess it started with Ga. Tech when I was in school (1955-1959).

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS frickin a holes

2 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I still don’t know how Stidham looks with pressure in his face. After watching almost all his preseason snaps last year, I thought he definitely looked improved, but not improved enough, if that made sense 

as with many things, there’s not a lot of neutral sentiment with the guy. Some think he could’ve had them as tops in the division, some thought he would’ve been their vehicle for Trevor Lawrence 

I’ve not been that impressed with Lawrence. I don’t really get the hype on him. So I don’t necessarily think he’s an upgrade from Stidham. 
Even if that were the case though, he isn’t going to be a Patriot. The Pats might have a fall off this year, but there’s no way it would be a drop to the first pick. The defense is experienced and good. The offense’s holes are WR, where Belichick always seems to find surprisingly good players, and QB where either Stidham or Hoyer would have had them at least winning some games. That’s not enough of a fall off for the scenario they are looking for. If Lawrence is the savior some are making of him, he isn’t going to be around when the patriots hit their first pick. If he is around, he’s probably no upgrade from a second year Stidham.

42 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

I have never liked the Falcons or anything else about/in Atlanta. I guess it started with Ga. Tech when I was in school (1955-1959).

I definitely agree on the Falcons and Hawks but I do like the Braves. Used to listen on the radio with my dad as a kid when Hank Aaron played. Good memories for me. 

1 hour ago, AUFriction said:

I’ve not been that impressed with Lawrence. I don’t really get the hype on him. So I don’t necessarily think he’s an upgrade from Stidham. 
Even if that were the case though, he isn’t going to be a Patriot. The Pats might have a fall off this year, but there’s no way it would be a drop to the first pick. The defense is experienced and good. The offense’s holes are WR, where Belichick always seems to find surprisingly good players, and QB where either Stidham or Hoyer would have had them at least winning some games. That’s not enough of a fall off for the scenario they are looking for. If Lawrence is the savior some are making of him, he isn’t going to be around when the patriots hit their first pick. If he is around, he’s probably no upgrade from a second year Stidham.

dfg.gif

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

dfg.gif

What? He put up good numbers against a lot of weak ACC defenses. His numbers against TAMU last year: 24/35 for 268 1 TD/1 INT. Against ranked competition, he averaged a completion percentage of 61%, and that number is greatly inflated by the win against “number 23” Virginia. Take out that joke of a rated team, and it drops to 56% against ranked teams. His passing totals in games eclipsed 300 only twice. Once was in that 62-17 blowout game against Virginia. The other was in a 41-6 blowout over Syracuse. That’s parallel to Bo Nix, who also had 2 over 300 games last year. (Not saying Bo Nix is better or even as good. Just trying to reference the fact that he hasn’t had that many incredible performances statistically.)
Comparing that to recent Heisman winners,  Kyler Murray eclipsed 300 yards in 10 of his 14 games in his Heisman season.  In Lamar Jackon’s he eclipsed 300 yard passing 6 times while also having 100+ yard rushing performances in most of his games. Lawrence’s numbers are good, but not exceptional. I’m not buying the hype until I see a few more great games statistically. 

13 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

You don't watch the NFL? O wow. So edgy Mike.... 🙄

No, I leave that to the crackheads that don't have anything more interesting to do on a Sunday afternoon. Really, why watch a game if you don't care who wins?

13 minutes ago, Mikey said:

No, I leave that to the crackheads that don't have anything more interesting to do on a Sunday afternoon. Really, why watch a game if you don't care who wins?

lol so now people who watch the NFL are crack heads? Man you sure do love to insert your foot in to your mouth.

9 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol so now people who watch the NFL are crack heads? Man you sure do love to insert your foot in to your mouth.

What foot in mouth? If you don't have anything better to do on a Sunday afternoon than get high and stare blankly at a TV screen, that's your problem.

You need help on the board. Best summon up some more members of the mouse nest to give you some support. (A big thanks to @augolf1716, who correctly informed me that a group of mice is not a pack, but a nest. ) That's much more fitting.

3 hours ago, AUFriction said:

I dont see the hype (as far as this transcendent Peyton Jr) either, but id take him over Stidham 15 times out of 1...thats a guy who just done nothing on the college level and hasnt proven starter quality in the next yet. But I do agree that the defense and the RBs would've eeked out like 5 wins on the low end or 7-8 on the high end, if he did end up being decent. the rest of that division, namely Miami and Buffalo have impressed to a point where that ball control struggle ball offense from last season just wasn't sustainable, and I think NE brass knew they weren't getting much better than that with JS 

5 hours ago, Mikey said:

What foot in mouth? If you don't have anything better to do on a Sunday afternoon than get high and stare blankly at a TV screen, that's your problem.

You need help on the board. Best summon up some more members of the mouse nest to give you some support. (A big thanks to @augolf1716, who correctly informed me that a group of mice is not a pack, but a nest. ) That's much more fitting.

Lol dafuq dude? What is the correlation with getting high and watching the NFL with you? If people choose to get high and watch it? Then good for them. 

So we all watch college ball on Saturday because we have nothing better to do? Or maybe just maybe and I'm just spitballing here that we love the game and the sport. Same for people and the NFL. Sorry you find NFL football so offensive....

The only one who needs any bail out on here is you when you continually make a complete ass of yourself on here on a daily basis.

8 hours ago, gr82be said:

I definitely agree on the Falcons and Hawks but I do like the Braves. Used to listen on the radio with my dad as a kid when Hank Aaron played. Good memories for me. 

Same for me. I still love the Braves.

Archived