Cam to Patriots

Proud Tiger

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anyone screwed him it was the Panthers. NE just took advantage of a great deal. If he can avoid injury he will get back in the money next year. 

3 hours ago, alexava said:

If anyone screwed him it was the Panthers. NE just took advantage of a great deal. If he can avoid injury he will get back in the money next year. 

That's what I said but yes he was screwed and he'll make everybody pay

17 hours ago, cole256 said:

They screwed him as far as his contract but he'll make them all pay

It's a bummer the afc north and nfc south don't play this season. If there's a season.

42 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I have no doubt he can and will produce. The injuries are my only concern. If he keeps getting hurt his big money days are going to be harder to find. That sucks. He’s done enough that he should have been paid this year. ( per football wealth and loyalty standards). He’s still eating steak though. 

29 minutes ago, alexava said:

I have no doubt he can and will produce. The injuries are my only concern. If he keeps getting hurt his big money days are going to be harder to find. That sucks. He’s done enough that he should have been paid this year. ( per football wealth and loyalty standards). He’s still eating steak though. 

He's done more than enough but that's the problem, when it comes to players the public likes to guilt them with loyalty talks and such and with the owners and stuff we like to say with them it's just business. The money cam generated for Carolina and the way they screwed him in return should be against the law some how. Especially seeing how they didn't supply him with weapons or even an o line on top of calling run plays with him like he's an hb. 

He gave himself to them....but karma will work out somehow

1 hour ago, alexava said:

The Patriots, unlike the Panthers, have an offensive line that can pass block. New England was able to keep Tom Brady upright. I expect that Cam's chances of injury behind a decent offensive line will be considerably lower than they were with the Panthers.

1 hour ago, CleCoTiger said:

The Patriots, unlike the Panthers, have an offensive line that can pass block. New England was able to keep Tom Brady upright. I expect that Cam's chances of injury behind a decent offensive line will be considerably lower than they were with the Panthers.

Cam is a FOOTBALL PLAYER. I don’t think he is capable of playing and protecting himself. He plays to win. The offensive line won’t have much to do about this. There will still be third downs that he will pull it and run. It’s who he is and I won’t expect him to change it. He might not get injured even playing his game. But I think he will play his game. 

4 hours ago, cole256 said:

I love Cam but nobody made him accept the NE contract. He seems Ok with it and that's all that matters.

2 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

I love Cam but nobody made him accept the NE contract. He seems Ok with it and that's all that matters.

Please don't start following me and try to initiate stupid arguments. We all know he wasn't forced to do anything but you would have to be an idiot to think that's a contract he's happy with. Players don't care for incentive based contracts and he makes less than the 3rd string qb. If you want to argue that's cool fine be a dummy but nobody is interested in debating someone that would be that stupid

It was what the market bears for him. It sucks. If he was not a financial risk and worth as much as we think he is, he would have been paid much more by someone. He did not have much better options. 

I really liked the take on Cam to the Patriots in this YouTube video. I think the dude hit the nail on the head. This is gonna work and work very, very well.

Maybe Cam will have a Plunkett type revival with the Patriots. 

18 hours ago, alexava said:

Cam is a FOOTBALL PLAYER. I don’t think he is capable of playing and protecting himself. He plays to win. The offensive line won’t have much to do about this. 

The offensive line ALWAYS has a lot to do with the completion percentage, efficiency and health of the QB that plays behind it. Cam never had an offensive line that he was secure behind. Too many of his runs were not by design but came about because he had to make something of nothing or get creamed. If Tom Brady had played behind the same kind of line in NE that Cam had in Carolina, we'd all be going "Tom who?" when someone mentioned his name.

May be the best thing to happen to Stidham with NEs tough schedule this year he may not get thrown to the wolves his first starting season. JS needs another year IMHO 

20 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

The offensive line ALWAYS has a lot to do with the completion percentage, efficiency and health of the QB that plays behind it. Cam never had an offensive line that he was secure behind. Too many of his runs were not by design but came about because he had to make something of nothing or get creamed. If Tom Brady had played behind the same kind of line in NE that Cam had in Carolina, we'd all be going "Tom who?" when someone mentioned his name.

It doesn’t matter how good your offensive line is. You’re still going to have a certain amount of 3rd and 3 situations. Brady will throw the ball away and live to punt. Cam will plow through a defense and convert those. ( or try) So an offensive line will make you be more successful. But it won’t change your instincts as a player. Unless Cam changes those instincts he’s going to be getting banged around. And let me say it’s not a criticism. He’s a damn warrior. 

On 7/3/2020 at 3:39 PM, alexava said:

Cam is a vegan so he’s still eating... truffles? I don’t know an expensive vegan dish...

22 hours ago, alexava said:

It doesn’t matter how good your offensive line is. You’re still going to have a certain amount of 3rd and 3 situations. Brady will throw the ball away and live to punt. Cam will plow through a defense and convert those. ( or try) So an offensive line will make you be more successful. But it won’t change your instincts as a player. Unless Cam changes those instincts he’s going to be getting banged around. And let me say it’s not a criticism. He’s a damn warrior. 

Actually, those are the exact situations where the Patriots offense has been better than any other with an unending variety of short yardage pass options. They don't have Gronk or an established WR2 behind Edelman but they aren't just going to change their philosophy.

Also, Cam hasn't been looking for contact all these years at Carolina. It isn't his instincts. He's just been on that s***ty of a football team. And it doesn't help that the refs haven't protected him like they have the other QBs in the league. 

Oh if they ever decide to protect him like they do Brady, brees, and the rest....cam easily will be a top 5 QB

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Oh if they ever decide to protect him like they do Brady, brees, and the rest....cam easily will be a top 5 QB

I don't remember the numbers on the types of hits he sustained *inside the pocket* and how it wasn't penalized relative to other QBs, but they were shocking. 

It's really has been a lot like it was for Shaq back in the day, when he was just so much bigger and stronger than everyone else that he was always getting called for charging or his defenders never got called for anything that wasn't flagrant. 

14 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I don't remember the numbers on the types of hits he sustained *inside the pocket* and how it wasn't penalized relative to other QBs, but they were shocking. 

It's really has been a lot like it was for Shaq back in the day, when he was just so much bigger and stronger than everyone else that he was always getting called for charging or his defenders never got called for anything that wasn't flagrant. 

Absolutely but it's easy for people to say he's a "running" qb so that's why he sustains injuries

Just now, cole256 said:

Absolutely but it's easy for people to say he's a "running" qb so that's why he sustains injuries

Maaaaan, the number of times I've seen him stand there waiting for one of his garbage WRs to get open just to end up taking a sack when he could have tried to get something out of it. Damned if he did, damned if he didn't. 

Says everything that the worst example of this was in that Super Bowl where he was supposedly so terrible.

Archived