Insiders Hearing Anything? (Threads Merged)

AUght2win

Some of you have WAY too much confidence in AD Greene IMO.  He’s a smart, charismatic, eloquent man but that’s not all there is to being an effective AD. 

-Side note, Gus signed his AU coaching death warrant when he brought back JB Grimes a second time. In addition to being a terrible hire it was extremely telling JB was the only option willing to work with Gus. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I keep coming back to the fact that it's 75% of his remaining contract with half due within 30 days.

After 2020: 21.45 (buyout) =  10.7 after 30 days and 2.68 for 4 years.

After 2021: 7 (salary) + 16.2 (buyout)= 23.2 = 8.1 in 30 days + 2.025 for 4 years.

The difference is the ability to stop the hemorrhaging. Get him out now and give the players a legitimate chance to develop and reach their potential and dreams. Another year just waste more talent and puts us further behind the conference. There is absolutely nothing good that comes out of his retention.

29 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I keep coming back to the fact that it's 75% of his remaining contract with half due within 30 days.

After 2021: 7 (salary) + 16.2 (buyout)= 23.2 = 8.1 in 30 days + 2.025 for 4 years.

The difference is the ability to stop the hemorrhaging. Get him out now and give the players a legitimate chance to develop and reach their potential and dreams. Another year just waste more talent and outs us further behind the conference. There is absolutely nothing good that comes out of his retention.

so for 10.7 he can be......we can  have a new coach and then budget for the 2.68?   That is looking awfully easy right now.  The 2.68 can come from the difference in the salary of the next guy (or you, if you take the job).  

this has got to be a priority.    

I suspect we end up 6-5 after our bowl game and this is a "solid" season by his standards.

24 minutes ago, bigbird said:

The difference is the ability to stop the hemorrhaging. Get him out now and give the players a legitimate chance to develop and reach their potential and dreams. Another year just waste more talent and outs us further behind the conference. There is absolutely nothing good that comes out of his retention.

I wonder if there is any chance he would accept a restructured contract where he and or his heirs were paid the same amount of money, indexed for inflation, over the next ten years or so in exchange for his graceful departure? There are several benefits for him doing this:

• It would allow him to move to a smaller school where he would not having to recruit against his increasingly effective SEC rivals and where he might enjoy coaching and the college community atmosphere again
  • He and his family would have a financially secure future
  • He and his family would be removed from the hostility and disdain they are currently living in
  • His name might not be remembered in the same context as some of his woeful predecessors

On the flip side, if he remains in place, his situation and Auburn's is very probably going to get worse. This is the only scenario I can think of that ameliorates the damage to all parties going forward.

38 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I think they bring him back. Not saying I would or that I can justify it but JABA. Personally, if fans want to ensure he leaves, don't go to home games.

8 minutes ago, Zeek said:

if fans want to ensure he leaves, don't go to home games.

As fans, it's our only move to influence the AD and PTB

i read an article from some site after the iron  bowl that said Auburn and Malzahn is a fine example of marriage and divorce you stay with it as long as you can for the kids. but after awhile both sides say "hey this isnt gonna work" except no one knows when either side Malzahn and/or Auburn is going to finalize the divorce

https://strangeandgreatstateofalabama755539042.wordpress.com/2020/12/02/auburn-and-malzahn-marriage-and-divorce/ this is the site

59 minutes ago, bigbird said:

The difference in those numbers is negligible. Getting rid of him should be an easy decision frankly. Finding the right next guy is where the focus should be right now

1 hour ago, BurtonJ20 said:

Some of you have WAY too much confidence in AD Greene IMO.  He’s a smart, charismatic, eloquent man but that’s not all there is to being an effective AD. 

-Side note, Gus signed his AU coaching death warrant when he brought back JB Grimes a second time. In addition to being a terrible hire it was extremely telling JB was the only option willing to work with Gus. 

If nobody is willing to work with him then how did we get our current oline coach? 

2 hours ago, beagle34 said:

Will fans roll Toomers Corner when he finally is fired🤣

Hopefully not, would be an insulting and low class thing to do. Plus it diminishes the tradition of rolling Toomers.

Just now, SocialCircle said:

If nobody is willing to work with him then how did we get our current oline coach? 

For one he was unemployed. 

Perhaps he believed the lie the rest of us did. That Chad Morris was close enough to Gus to actually run his own offense and that things would work out. We were all fools as this clearly isn’t the Chad Morris offense. 

1 minute ago, BurtonJ20 said:

For one he was unemployed. 

Perhaps he believed the lie the rest of us did. That Chad Morris was close enough to Gus to actually run his own offense and that things would work out. We were all fools as this clearly isn’t the Chad Morris offense. 

We would have one more win if Gus were calling the plays. 

4 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

We would have one more win if Gus were calling the plays. 

If you can’t see that Gus is controlling the options available from the Morris playbook I can’t help you. 

Keep living under the delusion that Gus is a great play caller.  The rules changed and Gus did NOTHING to adapt. 

Gus looked really awesome as the play caller last year didn’t he?  He was smashing records left and right  

9 minutes ago, BurtonJ20 said:

If you can’t see that Gus is controlling the options available from the Morris playbook I can’t help you. 

Keep living under the delusion that Gus is a great play caller.  The rules changed and Gus did NOTHING to adapt. 

Gus looked really awesome as the play caller last year didn’t he?  He was smashing records left and right  

@BurtonJ20 you may as well go smash your head against some brick walls instead of arguing with this guy.  He is full on head up Gus's rear end and if he can't see the writing on the wall now he never will. 

9 minutes ago, BurtonJ20 said:

That great Gus offense was 64th in total yards last year BTW. 
High Octane stuff. 
He’s ELITE. 

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

The difference is the ability to stop the hemorrhaging. Get him out now and give the players a legitimate chance to develop and reach their potential and dreams. Another year just waste more talent and puts us further behind the conference. There is absolutely nothing good that comes out of his retention.

Agreed! Stop the hemorrhaging!

Gus.PNG

1 minute ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Aren't these buyouts often times tied up in courts or threatened so to the point where coaches accept a lesser amount just to be paid?

Some are, but thats just wrong and just plain s^^^y to do that to a man. Harbert made this mess, he needs to own up and fix it

1 minute ago, chizhead said:

Some are, but thats just wrong and just plain s^^^y to do that to a man. Harbert made this mess, he needs to own up and fix it

It's almost as S$%tty as having the first decent season in 5 years to play Arky against us to leverage a crazy contract to begin with.

2 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

It's almost as S$%tty as having the first decent season in 5 years to play Arky against us to leverage a crazy contract to begin with.

Thats true and it makes what Metafour posted a more accurate portrait of him, BUT, Harbert fell for it, along with that cabbage headed trash Leath, and the rest is history

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

You left out new staffs salary in your calculations. 

3 hours ago, rophle said:

You left out new staffs salary in your calculations. 

If I was discussing total replacement cost sure, but I wasn't. It's impossible to calculate without knowing who will replace Gus, if any coaches are retained, or who is brought as assistants.

Archived