Insiders Hearing Anything? (Threads Merged)

AUght2win

20 minutes ago, fishepa said:

This might needs to be what happens. The phrase has been, auburn players play hard for him. Well, people get sick of losing. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does Greene not have any back bone to fire Malzahn? that's what it sounds like. If we have go another year with GM, then someone else needs to stand up and cake charge. What's the BOT's doing? sitting on their hands? Maybe it's time to let Allen Greene go if he can't see what crappy job that Malzahn has been doing and it's time to FIRE him.

2 hours ago, BurtonJ20 said:

-Side note, Gus signed his AU coaching death warrant when he brought back JB Grimes a second time. In addition to being a terrible hire it was extremely telling JB was the only option willing to work with Gus. 

If I could give you 100 likes I would. I agree with this. The offensive line recruiting or lack there of was effectively the end of Gus. I think There is only one tackle still on the roster from the last four years of recruiting ?

look at the class this year. Oh my... 

I think we missed our window to let him go before the early signing period.  Way too close to that date now to get some sense of stability before they sign...just my thoughts.

14 hours ago, WalkingCarpet said:

I'm not going to pretend to be an insider but I do think it's just a little suspicious that Greene and Gouge haven't said anything publicly with signing day right around the corner. Greene came out in 2018 the last time we went down this road and said Gus was his guy for the future. 

Probably because he is under contract. I think that speaks for itself. He is going to be here next season barring something extremely unexpected. Auburn has not been able to use one of if not it’s biggest recruiting tools - getting kids to visit Auburn, on campus. Gus is not a great salesman like Saban and Kirby so he needs other things to help him close out kids.

11 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Lol some of y’all need to chill.

I think that most are past the point of "chill". We have just grown "cold" as far as the Guster is concerned.

43 minutes ago, TigerPAC said:

QB???  only one we have is Nix.  none of the others will ever play here anyway (loy, the old baseball guy and the true freshman)

I'd say Garnett

Just now, cctiger said:

I think that most are past the point of "chill". We have just grown "cold" as far as the Guster is concerned.

We are going to become bottom feeders very soon if something is not done...Players are going to leave, good players, because they know the situation better than anybody. Inept is the perfect word to describe this clownshow offense

14 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

So the fact he brought up what he said about it being a "solid season" tells me he felt some kind of heat from that. What do you guys think? 

My social anxiety won’t allow me to watch that. The cringe is too much. 

1 hour ago, TecmoBoJackson said:

Agreed! Stop the hemorrhaging!

Gus.PNG

Would you like to go in-depth on the seasons you circled and really discuss the quality of football that we saw? I don’t think you do. 

Well it sounds like Gus has finally lost the team. That is something that despite all of the troubles in the past on the field, he never had a problem with until now. If we start losing players to the portal and if you add in our terrible recruiting class which is ranked in the 50s (with our best player now wavering as well), There is no way we can keep this staff. 

We are stuck with this guy and its a direct indictment of those in power who gave the fool that ridiculous contract and the same old Auburn mentality of well he's not THAT bad so we should ride this out.  

Over the last 5 years and right up to today I have been accused by some other "fans" of not being "true Auburn" or not supporting the university.  I shouldn't have to defend my fandom but I can assure those fans that I have cried with pain and joy over this team since 1985.  My first real Auburn experience was watching the Iron Bowl that Van Tiffin made that damn kick and having to listen to the idiots at school the next week.  I survived the Eric Ramsey crap and watching Dye walk away and breaking my heart. Incidentally my son's middle name is Patrick for a reason.  I survived the Bowden debacle in -98 while I was in school at Auburn.  I could go on but honestly I have lived and died by Auburn football Saturdays both great and terrible and never ever through any of it have I been more apathetic about football than these last few years under Gus.  Win/loss record be damned we just need some new energy in this program. 

4 hours ago, Zeek said:

Not happening this year in my opinion. 

Don't get too ecstatic when he is let go. We have to see who our lovely administration hires too. I don't put it past them to bring in a Will Muschamp because he's worked here before.

If Muschamp could just hire a proper staff and SCORE POINTS he would be perfect for Auburn. But alas, life is not perfect. 

I just had an epiphany, I think you said it best. If they fire Gus, they will absolutely zero in on Muschamp, who are we kidding? He LOVES Auburn. He will beg them to hire him. 

49 minutes ago, atl-tiger said:

Can you imagine if Bo transfers? 

Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s questioning it. It’s not like he’s being developed for the NFL under the current coaches. Imagine him in Leachs air raid.

2 hours ago, SocialCircle said:

Some of you have WAY too much confidence in AD Greene IMO.  He’s a smart, charismatic, eloquent man but that’s not all there is to being an effective AD. 

I have very little confidence in Green as AD. He has shown practically nothing other than being a figure head with strings attached. 

1 minute ago, nixtosanders94 said:

who gave the fool

Choose your words carefully concerning who the "fool" is...The one that gave or the one who got?....Someone who got damn near 50 mil ain't a fool....The fool is the one who gave it and we are the ones, along with the players, who have to live with it. The country club group don't give a damn as long the champagne flows

Archived