Greg Sankey to Make "Significant Announcement" at 5:00 PM Update: SEC Leaving CBS?

Zeek

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe he frees Sharife

Auburn moved to the SEC East?

Regular season canceled only SECCG and playoffs allowed?

Adding men sports and giving the middle finger to Title IX? Soccer, wrestling, volleyball?

Launching SEC2 another channel?

1 minute ago, WarTim said:

Adding USF and Middle Tennessee?😎

You misspelled UCF and Memphis (or Houston)

Just now, Bo Didley said:

Spring sports are conference only. 

I would like to see wrestling added to the SEC! 

Mizzou already does! Would loooooove to see it happen.

Saban has successfully petitioned the NCAA that no school can buy out their coach ensuring Gus stays at Auburn for the duration of his contract. 

200.gif

Is this one of those times where you're saying 5:00, but you really mean 6:00...b/c Central time zone is dumb.

*Edit: Yep, actually read the link in your post and that's what's happening.

Just now, Zeek said:

Mizzou already does! Would loooooove to see it happen.

Absolutely!
Wrestling is huge in the BIG and BiG 12 and I’m sure it would take years to compete at their level but I think adding it to the SEC would create more wrestling programs at the HS and club level across the south. I have fought to change job locations so my kids could continue to wrestle.  

2 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Is this one of those times where you're saying 5:00, but you really mean 6:00...b/c Central time zone is dumb.

*Edit: Yep, actually read the link in your post and that's what's happening.

So, I'm not gonna battle over time zones but literally anything is better than Eastern Time. Hate how late games go in that time zone.

Plus we go by Auburn time in these here parts.

Just now, Bo Didley said:

Absolutely!
Wrestling is huge in the BIG and BiG 12 and I’m sure it would take years to compete at their level but I think adding it to the SEC would create more wrestling programs at the HS and club level across the south. I have fought to change job locations so my kids could continue to wrestle.  

It would all be about getting the right coach to bite on building a program. Georgia lately has been finishing in the top of a lot of national high school tournaments, Florida is right on their tail, and Alabama is starting to put more stock into it as well. Even if only one school out of FL/AL/UGA/AU got wrestling if they could hoard talent from those three states they'd be competitive sooner than most think.

SEC will be following Vanderbilt's leadership and will now require one scholarship female athlete on the football team's roster.

7 minutes ago, Zeek said:

It would all be about getting the right coach to bite on building a program. Georgia lately has been finishing in the top of a lot of national high school tournaments, Florida is right on their tail, and Alabama is starting to put more stock into it as well. Even if only one school out of FL/AL/UGA/AU got wrestling if they could hoard talent from those three states they'd be competitive sooner than most think.

I had no idea that it was taking off like that. I’m impressed. I’ve been spoiled to AK, Fargo ND and Texas quality of wrestling. Programs in KY and TN are not bad but you have to be selective. Example BO Nicals   dad runs a feeder program out of Paducah KY. I’m sure the announcement isn’t wrestling but it would fire me up ! 

The day that begins the actual abolishment of the ncaa, will it look like this? Will it be a presser with one conference tipping the first dominoe? Is that how you spell dominoe?

11 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

cancelation of the remainder regular season, using OSU precedent that they league can just choose who is what?

Please end our season Sankey.

13 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

Perhaps no bowls other than CFP. 

Yes please. Let this awful season die.

Remember, it has to be something bad for Auburn.

Auburn now has to play Florida, UGA, Bama, LSU, and Texas A&M back-to-back with no bye weeks and always on the road to start every season.

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Season ends Friday, saving Gus from playing MSU and potentially being removed.

I dunno, not playing them might help. We'd finish (5-4) instead of giving him a chance to show off in a meaningless game. 

Archived