A. Greene....

TigerPAC

3 minutes ago, dilligas said:

He should continue what he’s doing, because he made a great hire for head football coach.  I don’t believe all the misinformation some insiders leaked to reporters.  There’s probably some truth mixed in there somewhere but only the search committee, President Gogue and maybe a few others really know what’s gone down the last 9 days.

Yes, went out to the mountain west conference and hired a coach for the SEC. It’s as great as hiring an athletic director from... Buffalo?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, AU-24 said:

Yes, went out to the mountain west conference and hired a coach for the SEC. It’s as great as hiring an athletic director from... Buffalo?

First you were on him for not looking for anyone . Now people are saying he  he did it and you are still Mad. Something tells me if we would’ve hired UM you would be saying he had nothing to do with it , it was all the boosters . You just don’t like the guy and it shows BADLY.

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

First you were on him for not looking for anyone . Now people are saying he  he did it and you are still Mad. Something tells me if we would’ve hired UM you would be saying he had nothing to do with it , it was all the boosters . You just don’t like the guy and it shows BADLY.

Same back to you. It was said we couldn’t get these top guys because of the boosters. Then we find out it was all Greene hiring a no name from the Mountain West So you are in favor of the hire?

If the reports would’ve came out that the boosters insisted on this no name, no splash hire from Boise State, you would’ve been so pissed. But oh it was greene that hired this guy, so all of a sudden it’s OK.

Just now, AU-24 said:

Same back to you. It was said we couldn’t get these top guys because of the boosters. Then we find out it was all Greene hiring a no name from the Mountain West So you are in favor of a higher?

If the reports would’ve came out that the boosters insisted on this no name, no splash from Boise State, you would’ve been so pissed. But oh it was greene that hired this guy, so all of a sudden it’s OK.

He’s only a no name to uninformed idiots.

Just now, TexasTiger said:

He’s only a no name to uninformed idiots.

Yes, I’m sure these high school kids and their parents in the southeast are all quite familiar with him.

1 minute ago, AU-24 said:

But oh it was greene that hired this guy,

Why do you not like AG? Do you not understand what he just did? I want him signed up for as long as he wants to be here

1 minute ago, AU-24 said:

Same back to you. It was said we couldn’t get these top guys because of the boosters. Then we find out it was all Greene hiring a no name from the Mountain West So you are in favor of the hire?

If the reports would’ve came out that the boosters insisted on this no name, no splash hire from Boise State, you would’ve been so pissed. But oh it was greene that hired this guy, so all of a sudden it’s OK.

Yes because the guy isn’t a no name. If you can remember I was told anting Billy Napier from the get go, whom I am sure majority of you didn’t know until this recruiting search came out. A guy with mainly non- power 5 coaching experience but a proven program builder and developer . Recruiting is the icing on the cake. I was never super high on MC or Sark. I was high on freeze but again it was because every where he went, he seemed to take programs to their peak at every level. But I also realized that he wasn’t going to get a fair shot because the optics. This guy checks all my boxes . 

13 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Indeed it was.  Two great hires!

I mentioned in a thread before Gus was fired, that I had no real opinion of Greene and his abilities as an AD, but in 30 days I would know.  Whether or not removing Gus was an idea he was pitching, it got done, and now Auburn has hired a legit coach.  It seems for the first time in a long time, a HC was chosen based on merits, not on personal connections.  It didn't take quite 30 day,  but I have a definite opinion on him now.  

Allen Greene is what I hoped he'd be when hired!  I think Harsin is an exceptional hire, one that will reflect positively on Greene, helping to strengthen his position as the leader of Auburn athletics.  Hopefully, Greene's concerns about Auburn dissipate and he decides to make Auburn his home for quite a while.  

War Damn, Allen Greene!

44 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Yes, I’m sure these high school kids and their parents in the southeast are all quite familiar with him.

Most recruits respond to success and player development.

On 12/18/2020 at 11:14 AM, TigerPAC said:

aside from his initial published comment, where is he?  he doesn't need/have to give us play-by-play of behind the scenes activities, but geez, you would think he would at least give a public update (just to shut some of us up anyway).  or is he bound and gagged somewhere in loachapoka?

I’m much more interested in hearing CBHs plan to build a consistently successful program at AU, who he hires as assistants, etc. than what ADAG shares about his thoughts leading to the hire.  No offense to ADAG or anyone else.  It’s just that we know CBH is our man now, so let’s see how he builds this program up!

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

That seemed to work out fine for guys named Nick Saban and Urban Meyer when they came to the SEC from the Big 10 and Mountain West.

3 hours ago, AU-24 said:

As a matter of fact I think they are familiar with him.

He's been the HC there for 6-7 years.

His school is well known as a consistent top team in that region of the country.

The school and ofc their blue field is well recognized around the country.

They play late games at times, so ofc most kids probably have seen them on tv. 

On 12/18/2020 at 1:56 PM, The Freak said:

He has no power over Jimmy and Harbert.  Either they weren't involved in that decision or AG was able to persuade them to his side.  Which IMO, is what he should be doing now.

Well, if he has the ability to sway them, then he DOES have some power over them. That's the sign of a good CEO. 

2 hours ago, nutspanther said:

That seemed to work out fine for guys named Nick Saban and Urban Meyer when they came to the SEC from the Big 10 and Mountain West.

Obviously the Big Ten and Mt West are two different conferences. Wether this guy is the next Urban Meyer certainly remains to be seen.

8 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

As a matter of fact I think they are familiar with him.

He's been the HC there for 6-7 years.

His school is well known as a consistent top team in that region of the country.

The school and ofc their blue field is well recognized around the country.

They play late games at times, so ofc most kids probably have seen them on tv. 

Hope you are correct, because he has some big boys with big names he’s going to be competing with on the recruiting trail.

Just so everyone understands, there are all these, in some cases, big-name coaches, all of you wanted hired so badly. You all claimed Greene couldn’t hire them because of the boosters. Etc...

Then we find out there were several candidates that would’ve excepted the job, but Greene turned them down for this guy from the mountain west conference. Dude was raised in Boise Idaho, played football for Boise State, he has been the Boise State head coach for several years now. Not exactly an SEC guy.

That’s all I am saying, and it is concerning. Obviously, I sure hope it works out!

After one post in the Bronco Football page, someone posted this. And people talked about Cincinnati, BYU, Liberty, etc and their respective coaches. I think this speaks volumes. He inherited a program that wasn’t on a decline, similar to Auburn. Common comment was inability to win big and small games consistently. Guess we will see how he fairs in the big leagues

E2D3E121-BCE8-4AD6-B3A7-D848638609D6.jpeg

42 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

After one post in the Bronco Football page, someone posted this. And people talked about Cincinnati, BYU, Liberty, etc and their respective coaches. I think this speaks volumes. He inherited a program that wasn’t on a decline, similar to Auburn. Common comment was inability to win big and small games consistently. Guess we will see how he fairs in the big leagues

And Pat Dye was 6-5 at Wyoming, and before that in 6 years at E Carolina lost at least 3 games every year except 1.

SO what I am saying is it really doesn't matter other than were they successful? Sometimes it takes a move to a place, and the experience they learned to take them and their team to the top levels.

Even Saban at MSU in 6 years only had one really good year. Not till he got to LSU and at 50 years did he start to take it to that next level.

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

Then we find out there were several candidates that would’ve excepted the job, but Greene turned them down for this guy from the mountain west conference.

Please shut up!!! Greene far,far exceeded my expectations by showing a set of balls and being a REAL AD, not to mention his standing up for BP when cabbagehead Leath wanted to fire him. Nah man, let it go you have nothing to stand on

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

I think you should bitch and whine some more. 🤐🤐🤐

2 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

I think you should bitch and whine some more. 🤐🤐🤐

But somewhere else.  It gets old 24.  Let’s give CBH a chance to show us what he can do.  

5 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Guess who won multiple titles at his first SEC job, fresh out of the MWC?

3 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

So this is the best head-coaching candidate out there? Do you think Auburn deserves one of the best?

I think we got one of the best available coaches a program is likely to draw this year. Most successful P-5 coaches don’t jump programs. It’s very rare. UGA got an unproven rookie HC. So did Tenn. Texas got a guy with less HC cred than Harsin. South Carolina got a rookie. LSU defaulted into a failed HC in O. Most teams get a lower level HC or a  coordinator. We did better than most.

Now you can whine some more, or get on board. I support this coach. He may ultimately impress me or disappoint me, like any other coach.

Archived