A. Greene....

TigerPAC

What do you want him to say? He is chairing the search committee and a search firm has been engaged to assist.

Do you want him to give you a list daily of people they have talked to? You want him to list his personal preferences? If so, you be stupid. That ain't happening. You want him to show up for a daily press conference and repeat every day "I cannot comment on that."?

I would bet that he is 100% on board with the process being taken. It is an important decision and not one to be left up to any single individual.

As for the role of the donors -- that's the whole reason this approach is being taken -- to minimize the impact of outsiders on the decision.

Of course, none of us know what is going on behind those closed doors. Everyone here and on every other discussion board is just speculating, ranting and whining about not knowing what is going on.

Which means that vapid conspiracy theories run rampant.

If anyone here was qualified to make decisions for the university, you'd be making decisions for the university. Until that happens, let the people who DO make decisions for the university do their job.

Just my opinion.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, tbone4jc said:

AD Greene is in the middle of what could possibly be the most important decision of his tenure as AD at Auburn and y'all want updates?!? Let the man do his job. I think he knows how important this is and wants to get it right. Its asinine to even criticize this man when most got what they wanted when he made the decision to recommend CGM be terminated.  Chill and let the process work.

Yes, because the process is going so smoothly. LOL

2 hours ago, caleb1633 said:

Anyone down for an organized protest at Toomer's Corner?

*I'm only half joking

If the dumbasses hire Steele, it will be more like the French Revolution. All you have to do it listen

57 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Yes, because the process is going so smoothly. LOL

I guess you or someone you know could do it better?  Why do people look for something to complain about when it is and always be a process when looking for a new coach. Everyone want CGM gone, you got it. Most everyone wanted MC, guess what, so did Oregon  and they gave him what MC wanted so that plan fell through. No one knows what is happening, everyone is speculating, even the mods of most sites. MC played Auburn, it happens. Why the hate on AD Greene, this is the 2nd post about his ability to do his job when most do not have a clue what is happening or what he is or has done. Wonder why that is?

1 hour ago, tbone4jc said:

I guess you or someone you know could do it better?  Why do people look for something to complain about when it is and always be a process when looking for a new coach. Everyone want CGM gone, you got it. Most everyone wanted MC, guess what, so did Oregon  and they gave him what MC wanted so that plan fell through. No one knows what is happening, everyone is speculating, even the mods of most sites. MC played Auburn, it happens. Why the hate on AD Greene, this is the 2nd post about his ability to do his job when most do not have a clue what is happening or what he is or has done. Wonder why that is?

If this was Jay Jacobs what would you say? MC signed an extension with Oregon making almost only half as much as we were paying Gus. In the meantime, what is wrong with Hugh Freeze? Signing day has came and went without a head coach. How long did it take South Carolina when they fired Muschamp? They had a coach in place long before signing day. I’m sorry, but it appears to be a dumpster fire in the athletic department.

5 hours ago, tbone4jc said:

AD Greene is in the middle of what could possibly be the most important decision of his tenure as AD at Auburn and y'all want updates?!? Let the man do his job. I think he knows how important this is and wants to get it right. Its asinine to even criticize this man when most got what they wanted when he made the decision to recommend CGM be terminated.  Chill and let the process work.

Exactly. Gouge appointed Greene to lead the process so we need to wait before rushing to judgement. 

1 hour ago, BizTiger said:

Exactly. Gouge appointed Greene to lead the process so we need to wait before rushing to judgement. 

If that were true there would not be a committee.

14 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

And the point of an AD is......

I'm sorry, is he above the president on the org chart or something? 

Don't assume that just because a committee exists that the AD has no autonomy in the final decision. 

1 hour ago, BizTiger said:

I'm sorry, is he above the president on the org chart or something? 

Don't assume that just because a committee exists that the AD has no autonomy in the final decision. 

My point is an AD is supposed to hire and fire coaches as part of job description. Do we have a committee when we need to hire a coach for any other sports at Auburn or are we relying on the AD to do his job. So when we go back to the original comment of “Gouge appointed Greene to lead the process”  and I said if that were true then there would be no committee.  Why is it Gouge has the appoint Greene to do his job? Because there is now a committee? Why does an AD need a committee, we trust he does all other jobs, hiring and firings on his own but now don’t trust him to do football. That’s a bunch of BS. Is my point.  And if you think Greene is making this decision I got some oceanfront property in Arizona I will sell to you, on the friend discount. 

On 12/18/2020 at 8:02 PM, BizTiger said:

All of a sudden we have another new poster opining after RIR gave the people an opportunity to look behind the glass. 

On 12/18/2020 at 3:45 PM, AUFriction said:

Correct.

Greene has as much power as the president gives him. The president is not allowing him to make the hire. 

How do you know this? What is your source for this incredible post?

2 hours ago, autigeremt said:

All of a sudden we have another new poster opining after RIR gave the people an opportunity to look behind the glass. 

I recently joined because I was recently accepted to AU for grad school (see post history). I've also been an SEC fan for a mighty long time

2 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

My point is an AD is supposed to hire and fire coaches as part of job description. Do we have a committee when we need to hire a coach for any other sports at Auburn or are we relying on the AD to do his job. So when we go back to the original comment of “Gouge appointed Greene to lead the process”  and I said if that were true then there would be no committee.  Why is it Gouge has the appoint Greene to do his job? Because there is now a committee? Why does an AD need a committee, we trust he does all other jobs, hiring and firings on his own but now don’t trust him to do football. That’s a bunch of BS. Is my point.  And if you think Greene is making this decision I got some oceanfront property in Arizona I will sell to you, on the friend discount. 

I personally believe that the committee was formed by Gogue to pour water on the Steele stuff and to put a firewall up between the himself and the meddlers. Now, whether or not Gogue signs off the committee/ADs recommendation is unknown, but considering Steele isn't currently the full time HC without an interim title, there's probably a legit search going on. 

4 minutes ago, BizTiger said:

I recently joined because I was recently accepted to AU (see post history). 

Get settled in with the posters around here. There are several where you should take what they post as gospel. 

4 minutes ago, BizTiger said:

I personally believe that the committee was formed by Gogue to pour water on the Steele stuff and to put a firewall up between the himself and the meddlers. Now, whether or not Gogue signs off the committee/ADs recommendation is unknown, but considering Steele isn't currently the full time HC without an interim title, there's probably a legit search going on. 

The “Committee” is a farce. Tim ******* Jackson is on it. 

On 12/18/2020 at 12:56 PM, AU-24 said:

I can remember the outrage when I stated: seems like a good guy and all that, but an AD from Buffalo, is just not ready to make the leap to a school like Auburn.

what is a "school like Auburn" 

Jordan Belfort couldn't convince these geriatric morons to do something they don't want to. What do YOU think Allen Greene should be doing

The Board can't even pretend to know s*** about basketball, they can sure see results though. Until those idiots feel like they can drum up more money, or better results, they're going to let everyone on that side do what they do

unfortunately, that might not be enough to actually put us further ahead in basketball, such as with changing apparel 

On 12/18/2020 at 1:12 PM, AUFriction said:

This isn’t on our AD. The AD reports to the president, and the president has handed the decision off to boosters. It Greene tried to take over the decision, Gouge would just fire him. If you want to be mad at someone, be mad at the boosters or at the president. The boosters are threatening to withhold funds, and the president is bowing to them. The president should manage the boosters, and let the AD do his job. Instead, the president has essentially made him a nonfactor in the decision. There’s really nothing he could do except for maybe threatening to quit.

That is why I did the article the other day questioning if it would take firing Greene to point out that He has no authority and the the BOT big guys are running the show. We almost lost  our accreditation the last time this happened . It might really happen this time. Maybe then we will finally fix the dang problem. SMH

On 12/18/2020 at 1:46 PM, auburnphan said:

When there is nothing to say, there is no reason to talk.

Then message boards would go by the wayside if this is true. 😝 

Archived