Two names I’d keep your eyes on

RunInRed

9 minutes ago, keesler said:

These are smart men in the coaching profession, they won't be fooled by Allen Greene coming back "hat in hand" attempting to make promises that He's their boss and they can hire whomever they want only after a day or two being told the exact opposite. 

I’m not disagreeing, but clauses in the contract could easily be added to spell out hiring authority and interference to the contrary would activate a huge buyout. 

All of that said, where is silent Gogue in this mess?  His silence is as much to blame as the overt power plays.  What would he have to lose by putting and end to the mess?  He was already retired...it’s not like he really needs the job. 

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

Ha ... I’ll let you guys know as soon as I get another update

Is there a direct correlation between these names and when Greene took the search over?

14 hours ago, RunInRed said:

Regardless what you’re seeing reported:

Sark

Mario

Things have changed.  Let’s see if ADAG can pull this off.

Not getting my hopes up again.giphy.gif

This is ridiculous. It doesn’t take being an insider to see this has become a Charlie Foxtrot. If there was a plan in place to replace Gus the announcement of a new coach should be imminent. All we hear now is crickets and little substance except people withdrawing their names. A good coaching search is entertaining until it’s not. I’m no longer entertained Auburn. Time to get your act together please. 

7 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

I’ve heard the Freeze story but I have not been able to confirm that yet

If there is interest in Freeze, would it indicate Greene is not in control. I’ve heard he is against Freeze 

3 minutes ago, TheDanoC said:

This is ridiculous. It doesn’t take being an insider to see this has become a Charlie Foxtrot. If there was a plan in place to replace Gus the announcement of a new coach should be imminent. All we hear now is crickets and little substance except people withdrawing their names. A good coaching search is entertaining until it’s not. I’m no longer entertained Auburn. Time to get your act together please. 

The plan was to hire Steele. It backfired now the plan is no plan.

2 minutes ago, alexava said:

If there is interest in Freeze, would it indicate Greene is not in control. I’ve heard he is against Freeze 

I believe it was Gouge who axed that candidacy. I would still be skeptical given his personal relationship to Malzahn. But hey, I've been wrong before...

20 minutes ago, Jones Field said:

We also just reached out to Hugh Freeze per the other site....

The reply...

EEDD7547-72E4-4039-A267-D282534984B4.gif

Just now, PoetTiger said:

The plan was to hire Steele. It backfired now the plan is no plan.

In true Gus fashion... 😅...😭

57 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

I’m not disagreeing, but clauses in the contract could easily be added to spell out hiring authority and interference to the contrary would activate a huge buyout. 

All of that said, where is silent Gogue in this mess?  His silence is as much to blame as the overt power plays.  What would he have to lose by putting and end to the mess?  He was already retired...it’s not like he really needs the job. 

Right, and IIRC Tuberville added that clause to his contract extension after JetGate resulting in Auburn having to pay him $4.5 million to "resign" after Auburn people tried to go behind his back and court Houston Nutt from OleMiss.  That's right, AFTER they operated behind his back with Petrino in Jetgate, they made overtures to Nutt when they knew Tubs had a hiring/interviewing restriction. 

18 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

Yet you confirmed that Auburn went back to Cristobal?  

20 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

I wouldn’t imagine any scenario that had Steele coaching on his staff.. Gus is a close friend.. 

Could be a very good sign!

9 minutes ago, alexava said:

maybe or maybe not. you think freeze will not be a major headache with the ncaa?

10 minutes ago, alexava said:

Yep and we heard Rane was for Freeze from the get-go.

Archived