Kevin Steele officially out as AU DC (Merged & updated: 1/5/20)

RunInRed

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, REALTORTiger said:

Kodi needs to be one of the first ones to go.  He's the biggest Gus suckup there is.  

Cadillac is a maybe but I'm much more inclined to completely rip the bandaid off and clean house.  The stench of Gus and his softness needs to be completely removed.  Preseason next year needs to be much like Dye's 1st one where 1/3 of the players either quit or almost did.

How do you know he is a Gus suck up?  

4 minutes ago, Tigger1985 said:

I think our first hire should be Strength and Conditioning coach and we need a great one

@Tigger1985FWIW Russell isn't the problem on S&C. The problem was Gus gave him a HUNH plan, especially for OL, while Gus veered away from actually using the HUNH in games a long time ago. That got them leaner & not as strong. Russell is & will be a good S &C coach wherever he lands.

I am so on the fence with Garner. He has coached some phenomenal DL players, and we have had some really good run stopping defense, and some phenomenal players. Just can’t seem to get QB pressure consistently. With Gus hanging around his neck, It has been really difficult recruiting for him against Clemson, UGA and the bammers.  If the rumors surrounding a coup are accurate that would definitely be a problem for me. 

3 minutes ago, tigerrules said:

I am so on the fence with Garner. He has coached some phenomenal DL players, and we have had some really good run stopping defense, and some phenomenal players. Just can’t seem to get QB pressure consistently. With Gus hanging around his neck, It has been really difficult recruiting for him against Clemson, UGA and the bammers.  If the rumors surrounding a coup are accurate that would definitely be a problem for me. 

For me, it just seems to be time to cut ties and move on from Garner. There are other quality DL guys out there.

6 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

How do you know he is a Gus suck up?  

What other scenario qualifies him to coach wide receivers at this level of football? 

2 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

For me, it just seems to be time to cut ties and move on from Garner. There are other quality DL guys out there.

I know this. Recruiting against him will not be easy. 

1 minute ago, tigerrules said:

I know this. Recruiting against him will not be easy. 

Rumors may hurt him when it comes to getting a job at P5. Who knows. Those rumors could definitely be used against him on the recruiting trail whether true or not. 

I watch a lot of other games and have not seen a more Vanilla passing offense as ours. Boring at best, severely lacking everywhere. Pop Warner route tree.  Goodbye Kodi.  Not sure why he wasn’t replaced earlier. 

53 minutes ago, bigbird said:

The only one I'd keep is Caddy and that's only if we can't get Dell

Any rumblings you’ve heard about that or just wishful thinking? 

41 minutes ago, MaitlandTiger said:

I watch a lot of other games and have not seen a more Vanilla passing offense as ours. Boring at best, severely lacking everywhere. Pop Warner route tree.  Goodbye Kodi.  Not sure why he wasn’t replaced earlier. 

What does Kodi have to do with the route tree and offensive plan in general? He’s a position coach and nothing more. Im absolutely fine with replacing him, but this is odd reasoning. Just curious. 

54 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

What other scenario qualifies him to coach wide receivers at this level of football? 

Does not mean he is a suck up. Hell he got offered a job and took it. 

59 minutes ago, tigerrules said:

And he ran off some good players and failed to develop a lot of players. Time for a change. 

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

That got them leaner

There’s nothing lean about a bunch of our linemen. A lot of them are fat, out of shape, and soft. I’m not saying that’s Russell’s fault, but it’s the truth. 

1 minute ago, PoetTiger said:

Does not mean he is a suck up. Hell he got offered a job and took it. 

Suck up was not my words, and probably was not exactly the best phrase. However, Kodi was a bad hire, and another of Gus's list of unqualified assistants.

20 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

Any rumblings you’ve heard about that or just wishful thinking? 

wishful thinking

6 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Suck up was not my words, and probably was not exactly the best phrase. However, Kodi was a bad hire, and another of Gus's list of unqualified assistants.

This we can agree with. Maybe an analyst but not an on the field coach.

8 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

There’s nothing lean about a bunch of our linemen. A lot of them are fat, out of shape, and soft. I’m not saying that’s Russell’s fault, but it’s the truth. 

Man y’all laying the hammer to the players today. 

21 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

@Gowebb11I'm talking cardio lean, not muscular lean. There's a difference. The program Gus gave RR definitely didn't get them stronger.

1 hour ago, PoetTiger said:

Man y’all laying the hammer to the players today. 

Read Big Kats comments about some of the players “checking out” prior to the game. 

6 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Read Big Kats comments about some of the players “checking out” prior to the game. 

Without adequate leadership that was expected...kids been through a lot the past few weeks. I am sure they have heard some of the same things we been hearing. Losing a HC, hiring a new coach, job uncertainties, and players deciding whether to play or not. You combine that with a short turn around and minimal practices = let’s just get this over with. 

Archived