Tracy Rocker to the Eagles

Zeek

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Lol that's foolish. We're not losing Mason to some position coach job at Texas.

Did you confuse this as the university of Texas? Bc the talk is for the Texans (nfl). And I don’t know whether it would be a DC offer or position coach.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Lol that's foolish. We're not losing Mason to some position coach job at Texas.

TEXANS...not Texas. It's definitely in the realm of possibility. 

1 minute ago, leglessdan said:

Nah. I'm not seeing it. Just Auburn fans being chicken-littles as always.

1 minute ago, leglessdan said:

While I get the NFL is the ultimate goal for many, I don't know if that is in the cards for DM. Not every coach wants to be coaching men who make more money than they do. Derek Mason strikes me as the type who would prefer CFB over NFL because he can motivate and mold young peoples. Plus, AU has a history of paying our DCs very well. The previous DC for the Texans was making around $700K I believe.

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

How can you be mad that he's taking a NFL job? Get real

I don't think anybody should fault someone for taking an NFL job over college, I certainly don't. But this might be another question. If you know you are still open to taking an NFL job, why would you accept a college job at your alma mater no less and tie it up knowing they want someone who will be there for them ?

50 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Because he ditched us for the NFL once before. If that where you want to be, don’t put your alma mater through this crap multiple times. Just stay in the pros. 

For all we know he couldn't stay and for all we know this was his one opportunity back. Maybe he has a dream of being a coordinator to get to a coach. It's the NFL

Africa Americans in the NFL isn't as far along as most places with that type stuff

One thing I do know all of you know far too little to really be mad. Most of you ramble on about him not liking recruiting just off stuff you heard. You don't know what this man's dreams and ambitions are. You don't know what strings were pulled to get him the job. I guess many of you forget what the NFL is like

9 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

I don't think anybody should fault someone for taking an NFL job over college. But, this might be another question. If you know you are still open to taking an NFL job, why would you accept a college job at your alma mater no less and tie it up knowing they want someone who will be there for them ?

I wonder that too. I know I'm a nuclear engineer. I know I have certain plans. I know if Google contacted me and offered me a bunch more money, or prestige, or perks I'd go with it.

This place here if the line sucked they wouldn't even like him or think anything about replacing him. What obligation does he have. If they wanted him to stay make him an offer he can't refuse. Apparently they didn't. Neither side should be upset

Good gracious. The guy took a chance to work at the highest level of his profession. Alma mater or not, hard to begrudge the guy taking this opportunity. Having said that, now that it’s happened twice, I don’t think I’d be foolish enough to hire him at Auburn again. Good luck to T Rock. Moving on.....

22 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

While I completely understand the sentiment, I was raised as such, but in the business world things are not always as cut and dry. If you were offered a job making $100k a year, with decent benefits to go along with it. You accept the job because it fulfills the needs you require from an income level and you may even like that company. A few days later you get another call from a different company you applied for...maybe your top pick.....who is offering 150K and even better benefits and its a better job....you are telling me you aren't taking that because of honor? 

Now for one that I would side with you on. Let's say your an attorney. A man comes to you to ask for your representation in a divorce. He is good with paying your rate of $1k per hour. You tell him you will do it. Then she comes along and with your own money (had to throw that in there lol) offers the lawyer $1500 per hour to represent her....in that situation you already gave your word to the first man. There are different scenarios that can have different results and not make you a POS for choosing a better option for yourself. Everything isn't always black and white. Just my opinion. I wish TR the best and I think we will come out ahead in this thing.

I understand and in late 50’s so my perceptions are based on handshake values. While I agree times are totally different, but in this case the optics of returning “home” so to speak to teach young men seems to me to be something he felt compelled to do. Now jumping ship it the optics look like he is chasing the $.

That what makes this most disappointing.

14 minutes ago, cole256 said:

For all we know he couldn't stay and for all we know this was his one opportunity back. Maybe he has a dream of being a coordinator to get to a coach. It's the NFL

Africa Americans in the NFL isn't as far along as most places with that type stuff

I have no problem with anyone who wants to coach in the NFL, Auburn alumi or whoever.  If that's your passion, then go for it.

Personally, I have a problem with anyone who commits to Auburn, and then quits two weeks later.  A verbal commitment and a contract signature, especially to your alma mater, and especially during a major rebuild, should count for something.  In this case, it didn't.

So he wants to be an NFL coach.  All well and good.  Get him the hell out of here.

And tell him this: don't come back, unless you pay full price for a ticket to watch a game.

8 minutes ago, cole256 said:

He’s left us twice for the NFL. This time just weeks after taking the job. 

I simply wouldn’t give him another chance to leave Auburn for another job. We can further his dreams by not making a college job at Auburn a tempting resting spot. “Good luck, Tracy in your NFL endeavors but I think we’re just friends from now on.” 

4 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

I don't think anybody should fault someone for taking an NFL job over college. But, this might be another question. If you know you are still open to taking an NFL job, why would you accept a college job at your alma mater no less and tie it up knowing they want someone who will be there for them ?

9 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

Pederson fired 13 days ago. Rocker hired 10 days ago. Then today, the Eagles set all this in motion in rapid fire succession. Nick Sirianni is hired as HC. Jonathan Gannon as DC. Gannon hires Rocker as DL coach. Rocker and Gannon were on the same staff with the Titans 2012 and 2013.

1 minute ago, Hopsing said:

I understand and in late 50’s so my perceptions are based on handshake values. While I agree times are totally different, but in this case the optics of returning “home” so to speak to teach young men seems to me to be something he felt compelled to do. Now jumping ship it the optics look like he is chasing the $.

That what makes this most disappointing.

that could be the Auburn glasses on.... If he had zero tires to Auburn would you be bothered?

1 minute ago, slyinsocal said:

Pederson fired 13 days ago. Rocker hired 10 days ago. Then today, the Eagles set all this in motion in rapid fire succession. Nick Sirianni is hired as HC. Jonathan Gannon as DC. Gannon hires Rocker as DL coach. Rocker and Gannon were on the same staff with the Titans 2012 and 2013.

It makes your head spin doesn't it, lol.

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

He’s left us twice for the NFL. This time just weeks after taking the job. 

I simply wouldn’t give him another chance to leave Auburn for another job. We can further his dreams by not making a college job at Auburn a tempting resting spot. “Good luck, Tracy in your NFL endeavors but I think we’re just friends from now on.” 

Yeah that's fine but it's hilarious to me. It's all for Auburn for Auburn for Auburn.......But I mean fans will be fans

5 minutes ago, MaxCohen216 said:

I have no problem with anyone who wants to coach in the NFL, Auburn alumi or whoever.  If that's your passion, then go for it.

Personally, I have a problem with anyone who commits to Auburn, and then quits two weeks later.  A verbal commitment and a contract signature, especially to your alma mater, and especially during a major rebuild, should count for something.  In this case, it didn't.

So he wants to be an NFL coach.  All well and good.  Get him the hell out of here.  If he needs help with moving expenses, I'll be glad to contribute.

And tell him this: don't come back, unless you pay full price for a ticket to watch a game.

Hilarious. He committed to Auburn and was one of the greatest defensive players to ever play here.....I guess he owes his life to Auburn

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Yeah that's fine but it's hilarious to me. It's all for Auburn for Auburn for Auburn.......But I mean fans will be fans

I think your alma mater should get a little better consideration than just any old college job, yes. I won’t apologize for that. 

Look, leave me once for your “dream,” fine. Godspeed. Leave me twice, this time two weeks after taking the job?  There won’t be a third opportunity. Hope things work you for you. 

1 minute ago, IronMan70 said:

It makes your head spin doesn't it, lol.

Yeah. As I said, I bet he's had bait in the water for years. Out of the blue, one of his former colleagues gets a promotion and bam. I want to believe it caught him off guard. He had to go.

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Hilarious. He committed to Auburn and was one of the greatest defensive players to ever play here.....I guess he owes his life to Auburn

A lot of your posts are hilarious too.  You just don't see it.

Anyone who commits to Auburn and quits two weeks later has worn out their welcome here.  In my opinion.

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

I think your alma mater should get a little better consideration than just any old college job, yes. I won’t apologize for that. 

Look, leave me once for your “dream,” fine. Godspeed. Leave me twice, this time two weeks after taking the job?  There won’t be a third opportunity. Hope things work you for you. 

I don't argue if you don't want to offer him anymore. Ok. But the resentment for what this man has already given Auburn on top of the issues he has to over come on top it's not let he took a step down but a step up is hilarious to me. You can never give enough people will never be happy

Archived