2022 4* WR Darrius Clemons - Commits to Michigan

Paladin

8 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Sure, they have to. The school has zero control over what a prospect makes public. The school cannot comment on a prospect's status.

I guess that means we mostly agree then, except that you don’t like them. I personally think a public commitment is better than silent commitment which is better than no commitment at all. Staging value to the program. But I also fully understand why a prospect would hope to use one. The other visits would usually treat them differently (better).

There are multiple reasons for Silent commits. Sometimes the team asks the player to do this so they can plan when to make the announcement for maximum impact. Sometimes player is in an area where decision would bring a lot of grief to the player so to keep the grief to a minimum the players commits silently. Sometimes the player wants to do more visits and doesn't want to be treated differently because they have committed. 

Like most I would prefer and open commitment but it is what it is. One last thing unlike in the past these coaches are very tight lipped and because of that I doubt anybody has any hard information that he is a silent commit more that it is a rumor or hopeful thinking.

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

So Oregon lost a WR commit. They probably lay it all on Clemons now. I hope they are too little too late. Should be a battle.

Screenshot 2021-11-01 2.29.47 PM.png

it's either play with the best in the nation and get ready for the NFL or  stay home and hope to get developed.   

The young man needs to make a 'business decision'.

• Like 1

Not looking good. Could be a tough week: Clemons potentially committing soon, JWalker now predicted to Houston and D.Bowen will probably commit to ND.

• Sad 1

Let's see. He can come here, in the SEC, in an offense that will develop him with cool Harsin/Boise pass concepts. Have Kiesau, a respected offensive mind, as his position coach. Instantly be the alpha dog outside receiver on the roster that we are currently missing. Seems pretty easy to me, but I can't blame him either if he doesn't want to move that far away

Why is Oregon losing all these skill players, while having a great season?  

What can the recruiting folks find out?  

Maybe there is a clue here..   

Steve Wilfong and Brandon Huffman (national guys) just put in high-confidence CB's on Clemons to Oregon. KN is apparently likely to follow suit. Looks like we lost that one, oh well 😕

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Beaker said:

It's not outside the realm of possibility that they told one of those guys to look elsewhere once they went harder on Clemons and secured his commitment. They had 4 receivers committed; I have no idea why Clemons wasn't a priority for them, but that obviously changed dramatically.

1 hour ago, Beaker said:

Yeah, well, why is this happening to us while we’re having a surprisingly good season? We’re supposedly trailing for Williams as well. This staff has so far done a magnificent job on the field and they deserve credit for that, but I still question their recruiting abilities to say the least. Need at least one more 4* commit to get us in the top 20–we seem to have a shot at Woody but FSU seems to be (gradually) improving, so let’s pull for them to lose out!

Edited by AUwent

We are trending up with Williams. That one is moving in the right direction.

Darrius Clemons...it looks like he was just waiting for Oregon to prioritize him. Which they now did.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, metafour said:

We are trending up with Williams. That one is moving in the right direction.

Darrius Clemons...it looks like he was just waiting for Oregon to prioritize him. Which they now did.

But aren’t OM and USCe considered the favorites? In any case, after we shot up 30 spots in the 11th hour last year I still have hope we meet my recruiting expectations (14 spots to go).

Edited by AUwent

21 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Yeah, well, why is this happening to us while we’re having a surprisingly good season? We’re supposedly trailing for Williams as well. This staff has so far done a magnificent job on the field and they deserve credit for that, but I still question their recruiting abilities to say the least. Need at least one more 4* commit to get us in the top 20.

When your are recruiting top 4-stars and 5-stars in Notre Dame and Oregon country, it’s pretty hard to land these kids. Not many CFB programs can pull this off, Notre Dame, Stanford, Alabama, and USC maybe. Oregon with Nike support.

Unfortunately, Auburn is located between two Death stars now, Alabama and UGA, and Clemson is still around. We have no other choice but recruit nationally. We just need to land a few of these kids every year.

We have the coaching staff with West coast ties (that’s why we are in the top 3 of these kids) and the new Football facility could be a factor in the future. Strategically, we need to fix NIL and maybe drop UA and switch to Nike. Get Tim Cook & Apple more involved. Use synergy effects, Basketball & Football, etc.
Not sure what else we could do other than winning. Maybe produce another Heisman contender soon.

Edited by AUreo

3 minutes ago, AUreo said:

When your are recruiting top 4-stars and 5-stars in Notre Dame and Oregon country, it’s pretty hard to land these kids. Not many CFB programs can pull this off, Notre Dame, Stanford, Alabama, and USC maybe. 

Unfortunately, Auburn is located between two Death stars now, Alabama and UGA, and Clemson is still around. We have no other choice but recruit nationally. We just need to land a few of these kids every year.

We have the coaching staff with West coast ties (that’s why we are in the top 3 of these kids) and the new Football facility could be a factor in the future. Strategically, we need to fix NIL and maybe drop UA and switch to Nike. Not sure what else we could do other than winning.

Yes I wish we could drop UA. But we were always borderline or outright top ten before the pandemic, so no excuses starting next year.

Edited by AUwent

11 minutes ago, AUwent said:

But aren’t OM and USCe considered the favorites? 

I mean, up until a week ago we were considered the favorites for Clemons so who is or isn't considered the current favorite doesn't change anything. Mike Bobo has done a great job recruiting Williams, and he's set to visit for the Iron Bowl. He now obviously becomes our #1 target at WR. He's already taken his official visits to South Carolina and Ole Miss.

• Like 2