2022 4* WR Darrius Clemons - Commits to Michigan

Paladin

3 minutes ago, fredst said:

I don’t know….the momentum created by the epic Birmingham Bowl victory in 2015 carried the program to unprecedented heights under Malzahn….

Sure as hell did

4 minutes ago, AUwent said:

My god, what a fiasco with Miami. This is the sort of thing usually reserved for Auburn.

Is Clemons an early signee?

Have you ever heard of Mike Price????? That's a fiasco damn you are so negative on everything Auburn

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

Have you ever heard of Mike Price????? That's a fiasco 

Yeah it was. Doesn't mean this isn't like Jetgate.

Edited by AUwent

Saw this on TOS and it gave me chills!!!! It's from a source close to Clemons from J. Lee

"Mario Cristobal-to-Miami cracked open the door for Auburn and the Tigers are kicking the sumbitch down."

• Love 1

Just now, Tigerpro2a said:

Saw this on TOS and it gave me chills!!!! It's from a source close to Clemons from J. Lee

"Mario Cristobal-to-Miami cracked open the door for Auburn and the Tigers are kicking the sumbitch down."

Well, Cristobal may remain at Oregon.

Edited by AUwent

If I was Oregon I would let MC go. He has came in and stocked the cupboard with an infusion of Talent....Go throw everything you have at Lane Kiffin. That's what I would do if I was Oregon. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Yeah it was. Doesn't mean this isn't like Jetgate.

jetgate lol only people connected to AU or turds remember what that was about. Guess its the U turn

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Tigerpro2a said:

If I was Oregon I would let MC go. He has came in and stocked the cupboard with an infusion of Talent....Go throw everything you have at Lane Kiffin. That's what I would do if I was Oregon. 

This is actually a good plan

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, fredst said:

This is actually a good plan

I'm telling you. I am not even a huge fan of Kiffen and wouldn't want him as a HC (or at least would not be top of my list)..but I think the West Coast is better suited for Lane and they have the talent right now where Kiffen could come in immediately and make them Playoff team. The success alone should keep the recruiting going well. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

There are also some guys that think we are back in this thing regardless at this point even if Mario stays.

Interesting...

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

Interesting...

Maybe the thought of MC even considering it is given him pause? I could understand that. Like even if he stays now what is to say he doesn't take another job next year. Either way, I just hope we get this kid. We can have a good class without him, but he is a difference maker...immediate impact.

Can't describe how huge of a get this would be. Clemons, Kobe, and JJ is not bad at all. Go grab a big outside receiver transfer to pair on the outside with Clemons. Let the rest duke it out to compete for the other backup slots

• Like 1

1 minute ago, au302 said:

Can't describe how huge of a get this would be. Clemons, Kobe, and JJ is not bad at all. Go grab a big outside receiver transfer to pair on the outside with Clemons. Let the rest duke it out to compete for the other backup slots

We could win a looot of games with those 3, along with Bo, Tank/Hunter and the same OL as this year just slightly improved with slightly better play-calling.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

We could win a looot of games with those 3, along with Bo, Tank/Hunter and the same OL as this year just slightly improved with slightly better play-calling.

I'm getting too optimistic, but I even think we can upgrade the OL. Not a high bar, but if we can grab two quality tackles that can move and a bulldog center that is huge. Maybe use a fourth portal spot for another guard. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, fredst said:

I don’t know….the momentum created by the epic Birmingham Bowl victory in 2015 carried the program to unprecedented heights under Malzahn….

I couldn't give a damn less about the bowl game.  Early signing day happens long before we ever take the field in Bham.   This staff is putting in some serious work on the trail.  Firmly believe we finish pretty strong and a lot of folks have to start grasping with how stupid they sound right now.

Edited by Brad_ATX
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Per Mr. Creepy himself...

Miami fans are more optimistic. Cristobal has canceled all his recruiting trips and is rushing back to Oregon. Teem meeting scheduled for tomorrow(?)

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

Maybe wait until signing day before making such stupid declarations.

Yes, maybe wait till we finish outside the top 20 in recruiting to make a statement like that. You are correct.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, fredst said:

Yes, and then we spend $30 mil to fire Gus, to hire the same or worse..

• Haha 1