2022 4* WR Darrius Clemons - Commits to Michigan

Paladin

1 minute ago, steeleagle said:

Part of the problem with that logic, is we find that many kids who WANT to go to a certain school, but don't get the serious interest early on and even deeper into the recruiting year, so the kid gets wooed by another very good team, and visits, loves it, and is telling coaches all the right things giving the coaches positive indications he's commiing to their school.

Then all of a sudden the school the kid WANTS to go to, has lost some of the players in his position they liked better, and now they REALLY begin to show the player the love and attention he wants. 

That player(Clemons), is smitten and is finally getting to go to the school he always wanted. A happy ending for him, but not so much for the team who gave him the love from the beginning.

It happens...more than we think....

It does. We have also been on the other side of that coin as well. Desmond Tisdol is one off top my head I remember we slowed played and then after losing 3-4 good LB commits finally turned it on him towards the end.

If I were Harsin and staff, I'd pull an Odell Beckham Sr.

Have the media team super cut all of the drops and blown routes over the course of this season and mail him the tape...

Also can we not get this kid a Yellawood sponsorship or something? Geez!

• Like 1

On 11/4/2021 at 3:22 PM, McLoofus said:

By the way, @cole256, you're gone one day and I've already screwed everything up with @cbo. My bad bro.

Just saw this. Spit orange juice everywhere. 

In my head, damn it not another one 😂

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Is Oregon Pulling Away in Recruitment of Darrius Clemons?

NOV 17, 2021

https://www.si.com/college/oregon/recruiting/darrius-clemons-closing-in-on-decision

Excerpt:

Auburn 

"Auburn is great. My family’s from down South, got a lot of family down there," he said. "It was just great to get down and see what they have going down there. They have a new coaching staff and not a lot of receiver talent so it’s definitely a place I can come and compete for an early spot."

In the midst of his first year at the helm of the program, Head Coach Bryan Harsin has brought in a lot of new faces to help build his team following Gus Malzahn's firing, but having a fresh staff could be a positive for the receiver.

"It’s cool just knowing they’re making me a priority and that they want me to come and be the face of the program.”

Oregon

"Just a free weekend. It was a home game early in the day so I was like why not get down there?" he said of why he wanted to get out to Oregon. "I hadn’t been there for a game yet. I’m taking my official visit not next weekend but the weekend after.” […] "I talk to Coach B Mac [Bryan McClendon] almost every day. Coach [Mario] Cristobal a few times a week.

- - - - - -

"Now that my season’s over I’ll probably sit down, think about that type of stuff and figure it out," he said. "I was just focused on my team and giving it all to these guys. Now I’ll probably sit down with my parents, pray about it and probably come to a decision before signing day some time."

"I think it’s probably pretty even between Auburn and Oregon, and then Penn State is kinda falling off a little bit, but they’re still recruiting me.”

Edited by AUreo

Have zero hope here. Figured he's as good as gone. I am surprised he hasn't committed to Oregon yet. Figured he would've done that as soon as that kid flipped. I'm assuming he's a take for them?

He is a take at Oregon and Auburn both need him badly. I think Oregon went from slightly behind or even to well ahead but from what I have read our two best recruiters for him are our current recruits DA and Bobo. Same thing with Agbo. If by some miracle we pull in either of them DA should probably get the most credit.

Sounds like the staff is still trying their best to pull him.

Interesting. If (and a HUGE IF) the staff can pull it off, there might be some hope for the immediate future of Harsin's tenure.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Interesting. If (and a HUGE IF) the staff can pull it off, there might be some hope for the immediate future of Harsin's tenure.

May be time to for the infamous ‘Cadillac’ approach. Fly the entire staff up to Oregon for an in-house. 😅🦅

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Gowebb11 said:

May be time to for the infamous ‘Cadillac’ approach. Fly the entire staff up to Oregon for an in-house. 😅🦅

With "McDonald's"

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 5

24 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

That's why I'm surprised. I figured as soon as that kid flipped to Oklahoma he'd pull the trigger on Oregon quickly. But he has not, so maybe he's at least still thinking about it. Not getting my hopes up though

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

With "McDonald's"

3 hours ago, JBiGGiE said:

Extra cheddar.

37 minutes ago, aublaise said:

Extra bag

Extra lettuce.

WE'RE REALLY TALKING ABOUT MONEY HERE

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 11/23/2021 at 7:16 PM, bigbird said:

With "McDonald's"

Yeah, was about to say.  The staff came with more than just themselves when they pulled Carnell from Etowah 🤑

Edited by W.E.D

Man, we REALLY need someone of this kid's caliber to be our WR1. I'm not getting my hopes up that it will be him, but...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gr82b4au said:

Oregon just lost theIr OC and the coach may leave. How can we not get this kid to AU? We need WR and there is playing time. 

I hope there is still a chance. :dunno: