Schwartz on receiving corps

chizhead

19 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Gus is just another example in a long line of them since Dye that even below average to average head coaches can have success here because Auburn is a absolute awesome great freaking job and the biggest sleeping giant in the sport. We don't even need good coaches here to have success every now and then. We do need a actual good coach though to get us where we all want to go which is sustained success. For the love of God pleaaaaseeeee let us have back to back 10 win season's AGAIN. It's been over 30 got damn year's.....

And beat Georgia's arse in the process. 😁

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Mikey said:

And Oregon. And Washington. And Texas A&M. And Georgia. And LSU. And Louisville. Gee, that's a lot of miracles!

mighty-mouse-here-i-come.gif

On 12/6/2020 at 9:05 AM, Mikey said:

Me, I'll support OUR coach as long as he holds that position. 

On 10/18/2020 at 10:06 AM, Mikey said:

I'll support him as long as he's holding the position.

Pssst...he's not our coach any more. You can stop the BS self righteous indignation when others tell the truth about your Coach.

12 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

the main "why" that came to my mind was...maybe this guy was just paranoid people could figure out his pre-planned gameplans, and thought he was getting an advantage by changing things last second 

like playing chess against yourself 

Not a bad way of saying it.

At the end of the day, his primary focus isn't always on what his guys are capable of and putting them in a position to do it to the best of their abilities.

That is the most exciting aspect of the regime change for me and, while I try not to put too much stock in the various mottoes and motivational pablum that have become de rigueur, Harsin's 1-0 theme couldn't be a more perfect antidote to the outgoing mentality. I actually want to high five somebody right now just thinking about it. 

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

And Oregon. And Washington. And Texas A&M. And Georgia. And LSU. And Louisville. Gee, that's a lot of miracles!

Gus, is that you

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

mighty-mouse-here-i-come.gif

Pssst...he's not our coach any more. You can stop the BS self righteous indignation when others tell the truth about your Coach.

😂😂

Now come on, grabbing the cape to save the day.....whose one of your favorite guys that uses this! Come on.....you know.....

Gus was never a chess level thinker, at best a part time checkers player who moved the same checker chip every game first.  Without Cam making the read on the majority of the plays and his amazing athletic abilities we are maybe a .500 team.  After that season most defenses had a big chunk of the Gus offense figured out.  Never follow the guy in motion in coverage.  Most offenses put guys in motion to see the defenses reaction and then the play automatically adjusts to what the defense shows them.  In Gus offense he only hoped to clear out a player because that is what high school teams did, they followed their man in Arkansas High school football.  So essentially on most run plays with a guy in motion he is running the opposite way of the running play and taking a blocker out of the play and not a defender if you don't bite on the motion.  He was still doing this regularly last season and typically would run to the short side of the field on top of it.

Why was Gus so paranoid? Very odd

Its hard to hate someone who seems so likable. The more this stuff gets out the more I dislike Gustavo. 

However, this gives me hope that Auburn should bounce back relatively quickly given the level of talent we have. It’s clear that coaching was always an obstruction in Auburn’s success on the field. 

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Which of the "miracles" I listed didn't happen?  As usual, when you are confronted by facts you resort to insults.

57 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Gus, is that you

No, Gus has moved on. The haters here can't seem to do likewise. That must be a heavy burden to bear, having Gus control your thoughts day and night.

I really can't understand how guys, and there are many, that have been so hard on other people, player and coaches can now have a stance that nobody should talk about Gus. What did Gus do or achieve in people's mind to feel he's untouchable. It's very weird.

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

PAC 12 teams are joke.  We out talented them.  Aggies are the same.

Yes the 1 time we beat UGA was really awesome.

Louisville GMAFB  aaaaaaaaaaaahahahhahahahhahahaha.  Trolling hard

23 minutes ago, Mikey said:

No, Gus has moved on. The haters here can't seem to do likewise. That must be a heavy burden to bear, having Gus control your thoughts day and night.

Mikey, please stop, you are embarrassing yourself if you are posting what you actually believe. I, for one and may be only one, think that you are just trolling. If so, stop because you are not good at it. If you are really trying to defend Coach Doublebubble, you're just stupid. I think you are a good guy, but come on,man....WDE and Swartz just busted your mans nuts

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Trolling hard

It's all he does. 

Not sure if you were around then, but he blamed the 2017 LSU loss on our offensive players because they didn't execute Gus's very smart game plan. Seriously. That's the level of intellectual honesty we're talking about. He also considers a long snapper to provide legitimate depth at offensive tackle. Because he has a scholarship. These are things that the dude has really said.

He's not here to talk about football. He's here to get attention in whatever way he can. He's not going to do that by being smart, or funny, or otherwise interesting.. So, you get... Louisville.

As I've said before, the most immature, petulant children on this site are old ass men. 

3 minutes ago, chizhead said:

.WDE and Swartz just busted your mans nuts

That's funny. Schwartz says he learned the routes but didn't use them in games. An earlier receiver says he never learned the routes and that kept him out of success in the NFL. Which one is lying?

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

As I've said before, the most immature, petulant children on this site are old ass men. 

...and who's older than Methuselah?

5 minutes ago, chizhead said:

If so, stop because you are not good at it.

He's actually quite good at it. He gets pages of responses every time he does this. 

On 3/10/2021 at 12:36 PM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I've been telling you people this for years. year(S). Like over 5. 

The game plans have also been changed the night before games a bunch of times. Practiced all week and didn't use any of it. 

I've said this time and time again, when the stuff leaks out what went on, you will all know why I dislike Gus and most of his staff as much as I do / did. 

What do you mean "You People?"

1 minute ago, ToomersStreet said:

What do you mean "You People?"

Literally everyone on this website? Seems kinda obvious. Why the consternation? 

54 minutes ago, woodford said:

Why was Gus so paranoid? Very odd

Its hard to hate someone who seems so likable. The more this stuff gets out the more I dislike Gustavo. 

However, this gives me hope that Auburn should bounce back relatively quickly given the level of talent we have. It’s clear that coaching was always an obstruction in Auburn’s success on the field. 

why did he celebrate wins at the awful waffle and yet make his wife cook the meal for him? i always thought that was weird. maybe he was paranoid.

15 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

It's all he does. 

Not sure if you were around then, but he blamed the 2017 LSU loss on our offensive players because they didn't execute Gus's very smart game plan. Seriously. That's the level of intellectual honesty we're talking about. He also considers a long snapper to provide legitimate depth at offensive tackle. Because he has a scholarship. These are things that the dude has really said.

He's not here to talk about football. He's here to get attention in whatever way he can. He's not going to do that by being smart, or funny, or otherwise interesting.. So, you get... Louisville.

i resemble that remark.

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Literally everyone on this website? Seems kinda obvious. Why the consternation? 

its called sarcasm

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

i resemble that remark.

No way, dude. You're honest and open and willing to have your mind changed. 

Some clowns think that saying the same, incredibly stupid crap over and over again when it's beyond clear that they're dead wrong is "winning". Thing is, when they succeed in getting the attention they're so desperate for, they kind of are. 

Just now, McLoofus said:

No way, dude. You're honest and open and willing to have your mind changed. 

Some clowns think that saying the same, incredibly stupid crap over and over again when it's beyond clear that they're dead wrong is "winning". Thing is, when they succeed in getting the attention they're so desperate for, they kind of are. 

that was a groucho quote i think. i think with a lot of older posters it is just being loyal to whomever wears the orange and blue and not always a pass to an under performing coach. i did it as long as i could but i was not happy. i think it is going away tho like the folks that used to wear a suit and tie to the games. as far as mikey i have no idea but i have to be nice because he has my address......lol

Archived