Schwartz on receiving corps

chizhead

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

No way, dude. You're honest and open and willing to have your mind changed. 

Some clowns think that saying the same, incredibly stupid crap over and over again when it's beyond clear that they're dead wrong is "winning". Thing is, when they succeed in getting the attention they're so desperate for, they kind of are. 

i crave attention to be honest. ex singer in a band and all that. but the big issue with me is if i do not get some kind of love sometimes it makes me feel like i do not matter. that is being brutally honest. and i know searching for recognition on a sports board is a bad look but i really like a whole lot of folks on here.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i crave attention to be honest. ex singer in a band and all that. but the big issue with me is if i do not get some kind of love sometimes it makes me feel like i do not matter. that is being brutally honest. and i know searching for recognition on a sports board is a bad look but i really like a whole lot of folks on here.

Most of us seek attention and/or validation.

Most of us seek it, however, through honesty, truth, humor, or other generally redeeming pursuits. You certainly qualify. Not many of us are content to earn it via feigned ignorance and stupidity. Bad press isn't actually better than no press at all if there's no money being made. 

23 hours ago, cole256 said:

My take is Gus really wasn't a football coach. He was more of a strategist. And not a all situation type strategist but if you give him specific talent he could cause mismatches. 

He's not going to be able to take a team that's completely outclassed but coach his way to anything, but if you give him superior athletes he could createlet's say an average of 5 one on one plays and if you were able to capitalize on those situations you may be able to win.

But an alpha leader of men? Or an excellent communicator???? Nah

I think he was an opportunist. Hit and miss.  Miss a lot.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Literally everyone on this website? Seems kinda obvious. Why the consternation? 

Pretty sure this is what he was referring, to.....

You People Tropic Thunder GIF - YouPeople TropicThunder RobertDowneyJr -  Discover & Share GIFs

i loved that movie and own a copy. and i really dislike ben stiller. if i ever mention my people it is either auburn fans or hippies. grins.

I'll give @Mikey one game where Gus actually out schemed a more talented team.  That was UGA in 2017.  We curb stomped them in the regular season & it was a great game plan.  Probably his only innovative game plan between 2014 and 2020.

Then I guess he got his extension and just reverted back to normal and said **** it in the SECCG vs UGA and vs UCF.  Dominated by both teams.

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Not a bad way of saying it.

At the end of the day, his primary focus isn't always on what his guys are capable of and putting them in a position to do it to the best of their abilities.

That is the most exciting aspect of the regime change for me and, while I try not to put too much stock in the various mottoes and motivational pablum that have become de rigueur, Harsin's 1-0 theme couldn't be a more perfect antidote to the outgoing mentality. I actually want to high five somebody right now just thinking about it. 

hopefully the change in mindset translates to wins! for what its worth, Gus always that one legit year per every 3 or 4. Idk if I'd prefer that or just to be consistently good  

8 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I'll give @Mikey one game where Gus actually out schemed a more talented team.  That was UGA in 2017.  We curb stomped them in the regular season & it was a great game plan.  Probably his only innovative game plan between 2014 and 2020.

Then I guess he got his extension and just reverted back to normal and said **** it in the SECCG vs UGA and vs UCF.  Dominated by both teams.

I think he did the same to UA that year. They had very athletic LBs and we still fit things in over the middle, which obv wasn't Gus's MO normally. I think he did some good scheming during 2015, but some of it was lost with how poorly talented we were after attrition and guys not living up to expectations...then injuries. From 2016 on, was where I think he really lost the touch 

19 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

hopefully the change in mindset translates to wins! for what its worth, Gus always that one legit year per every 3 or 4. Idk if I'd prefer that or just to be consistently good  

To be sure, I'm not making any bold predictions for Ws and Ls. 

And I would take uga Mark Richt experience over the Auburn Gus Malzahn experience every single day of the week. Even in the one solid year after 2014 that Gus had, he managed two of the most embarrassing losses in program history. And there were more of those than meaningful wins. I'd rather have hope and a fresh start every five years than to ever be that apathetic about Auburn football again. 

15 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

And I would take uga Mark Richt experience over the Auburn Gus Malzahn experience every single day of the week. Even in the one solid year after 2014 that Gus had, he managed two of the most embarrassing losses in program history. And there were more of those than meaningful wins. I'd rather have hope and a fresh start every five years than to ever be that apathetic about Auburn football again. 

the lows and the highs process isn't great. I don't think the recent highs were enough to validate the experience. If he was having 2020 and 2018 reasons intermingled with 2013s and 2017s, it'd be different. But outside of 2017, the local highs were a 9-4 2019 and 8-5 2016. Both where just massive what ifs 

If you give me the former vs UGA Mark Richt, I think I'm looking at things a bit differently. Unfortunately the difference between that hypothetical and reality is a 2016 loss to Athens or a loss in Gainesville where you generated negative value from your offense. The complete failure in the road games as his tenure progressed doomed him 

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think he did the same to UA that year. They had very athletic LBs and we still fit things in over the middle, which obv wasn't Gus's MO normally. I think he did some good scheming during 2015, but some of it was lost with how poorly talented we were after attrition and guys not living up to expectations...then injuries. From 2016 on, was where I think he really lost the touch 

Our defense beasted in that Iron Bowl and won the game for us.  

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Guess we will have to wait at least 5 years to see if all that materializes.

10 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Guess we will have to wait at least 5 years to see if all that materializes.

Barring severe weirdness- which is almost par for the course for Auburn football since the late 80s at least- we'll know sooner. Year 3, I'd guess. 

21 hours ago, W.E.D said:

'll give @Mikey one game where Gus actually out schemed a more talented team.  That was UGA in 2017.  We curb stomped them in the regular season & it was a great game plan.  Probably his only innovative game plan between 2014 and 2020.

First, you initially eliminated all Iron Bowl Games. If you are now including all games, put in the IB wins. So much water has been added to your soup that it's now diluted to the point of being meaningless.

55 minutes ago, Mikey said:

First, you initially eliminated all Iron Bowl Games. If you are now including all games, put in the IB wins. So much water has been added to your soup that it's now diluted to the point of being meaningless.

Our defense won both Iron Bowls after 2013.  Defense bested in 2017 and then multiple pick 6s vs a 1st time every starting Mac Jones. The offense was pure s*** in those games. 

And these aren't good Bama defenses of 09-15

59 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Wait, you can look at the 2019 IB and honestly tell me Gus outschemed Nick?  In what freaking world?!

Bama had 160 more yards, held a 10 minute advantage in TOP, scored more offensive points, etc.  We won because of two big defensive TDs.  And Gus has admitted that he doesn't touch the defense. 

16 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Our defense won both Iron Bowls after 2013.  Defense bested in 2017 and then multiple pick 6s vs a 1st time every starting Mac Jones. The offense was pure s*** in those games. 

And these aren't good Bama defenses of 09-15

I'll give him all the credit for 2017.  There wasn't four missed FGs like 2013 or the two pick 6s like 2019.  AU just lined up and whipped Bama's ass in 2017.

11 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I'll give him all the credit for 2017.  There wasn't four missed FGs like 2013 or the two pick 6s like 2019.  AU just lined up and whipped Bama's ass in 2017.

Yeah our defense did. Offense was pretty Meh. Stidham had like 240 yards. Thi I we ran for like 130.

370 isn't anything great. The defense dominated

3 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Excuse me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WTH

I didn't say all the old ass men are petulant children. Maybe that includes you... maybe not... hmmmmmm

23 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I didn't say all the old ass men are petulant children. Maybe that includes you... maybe not... hmmmmmm

No! It absolutely, 100% includes him.

27 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

No! It absolutely, 100% includes him.

I feel so special now thanks so much

pop tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

4 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Yeah our defense did. Offense was pretty Meh. Stidham had like 240 yards. Thi I we ran for like 130.

370 isn't anything great. The defense dominated

We had 408 total yards.  Outgained Bama by 84.  I'll give credit where it's due for that one.

Archived