toddc

50 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

They'll pay him more than we will, but hopefully our offers are competitive 

His dad will get a very nice raise

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Some you just can't win, but we have to be competitive for a lot of these kids.  Just do it better than Tennessee.  Hopefully Bobo and Friend and Carnell can teach Mountain West coach how the game is played.

• Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Maybe... but they will take a backlash. His dad was caught up in his handling of the recent scandal with Guice and all that and was suspended. A lot of folks thought he'd be fired. Maybe the son will want to get away, we can only hope 

• Like 3

Already 6’5” and 300lbs and should grow a few more inches! He’s got a pretty good offer list starting! These early offers should pay dividends if we can start winning some big games, or at least being competitive in them.

Edited by toddc
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, toddc said:

Already 6’5” and 300lbs and should grow a few more inches! He’s got a pretty good offer list starting! These early offers should pay dividends if we can start winning some big games, or at least being competitive in them.

It might be better to go 6-6 and be competitive in all our losses than 8-4 and get blown out by our rivals (think 2011 or last year, which would’ve effectively been 8-4).

I think kids want to get away from home for college ..... unless you live in Louisiana. Kids dream of going to LSU. Actually rooting for Napier to stay at UL, get them relevant. LSU needs competition in the state. The gap has closed some. The Cajuns have grabbed some local D1 talent. 

6 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I think kids want to get away from home for college ..... unless you live in Louisiana. Kids dream of going to LSU. Actually rooting for Napier to stay at UL, get them relevant. LSU needs competition in the state. The gap has closed some. The Cajuns have grabbed some local D1 talent. 

If LSU could stop bleeding talent to Bama, they would be unbeatable. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, toddc said:

5* from new iberia? I wouldn't hold my breath, but love the '23 class' direction.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Please go ahead you have my permission

Zing!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, bigbird said:

5* from new iberia? I wouldn't hold my breath, but love the '23 class' direction.

It would be interesting to know how many states  and which ones we have now gone into and offered players? 

It seems that we are all over the country or getting there.

Doesn't seem to be like how Gus' offered recruits..but not sure.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2021 at 1:55 PM, bigbird said:

Ha, my wife's hometown.  Her sisters cheered at Westgate. But no inroads for me here, they push him to LSU if they even knew him lol.  It's tough to get these kids out of Louisiana.  

• Like 1

On 5/7/2021 at 1:55 PM, bigbird said:

It's really blowing up the narrative of some insider guys on rivals/247 that Harsin will mainly go after 3* kids bc he's has an underdog mindset, wants kids that are hard workers, and those are the ones who will buy into his work ethic. 

Seems we've offered most of the surrounding top 30 prospects in the '23 class. In his initial press conference he stated how critical recruiting was. '22 might be tough bc of the unique challenges they are facing, but it's obvious Harsin understands elite talent is critical to long term success. 

This is probably the most aggressive I've seen Auburn go after a future class. I hope it pays off

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 7

2023 should be a much better class than 2022. The question is, if our recruiting in 2021 and 22 is weak, do we have any chance of at least nine wins in any of Harsin's first four years? And I wonder how good we have to be on the field this year to win recruits over? If we're competitive in our losses like 1981, would recruits be able to look past a 6-6 season, since that seems to be what most are expecting?

48 minutes ago, AUwent said:

The question is, if our recruiting in 2021 and 22 is weak, do we have any chance of at least nine wins in any of Harsin's first four years?

Yes

50 minutes ago, AUwent said:

If we're competitive in our losses like 1981, would recruits be able to look past a 6-6 season, since that seems to be what most are expecting

Yes

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AUwent said:

2023 should be a much better class than 2022. The question is, if our recruiting in 2021 and 22 is weak, do we have any chance of at least nine wins in any of Harsin's first four years? And I wonder how good we have to be on the field this year to win recruits over? If we're competitive in our losses like 1981, would recruits be able to look past a 6-6 season, since that seems to be what most are expecting?

I don't think it is crazy to think we can beat everyone on our schedule outside of Bama/UGA/LSU...and even another loss if you count the bowl game. 

We aren't extremely untalented. And I wouldn't be shocked to have smaller 22 HS class and a decent but of transfers where we might be able to inject talent quickly 

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, toddc said:

Good size. Does he know we have 7 TEs on the roster? I realize he is '23 recruit. Pittman has them stirred up in ARK, going to be hard to get him out of Ark, I think...

5 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Good size. Does he know we have 7 TEs on the roster? I realize he is '23 recruit. Pittman has them stirred up in ARK, going to be hard to get him out of Ark, I think...

Only 5 who will play, only 3 who could possibly still be here in 2023, and only 1 who could possibly still be here after. We're going to run a lot of 2 TE sets. That sets up pretty well for a 2023 kid. I don't think many TEs expect immediate reps, but he's got a good chance at them in this offense. 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Only 5 who will play, only 3 who could possibly still be here in 2023, and only 1 who could possibly still be here after. We're going to run a lot of 2 TE sets. That sets up pretty well for a 2023 kid. I don't think many TEs expect immediate reps, but he's got a good chance at them in this offense. 

I like a guy who does his homework. :)

I agree, and if this guy is a receiving type of TE, he will be looking to see how our offense uses the TE in Harsin's offense. Hope Bo remembers, he can now throw to the TEs. lol...

• Like 1