2020 Fall SEC Academic Honor Roll - Football

CodeRocket

The 2020 Fall SEC Academic Honor Roll is based on grades from the 2020 spring, summer, and fall terms.

Football

Zion Puckett - Mechanical Engineering

Jacob Quattlebaum - Electrical Engineering

Malcolm Russell - Civil and Environmental Engineering

Clarke Smith - Master of Engineering

Barrett Tindall - Civil and Environmental Engineering

Jacob VonEschenbach - Industrial and Systems Engineering

Brooks Walton - Aerospace Engineering

Amazing these young men were able to accomplish this while being members of the football team and all the demands

that places on them. I think it demonstrates intelligence, dedication, and discipline.

Source: Auburn Engineer Magazine - Spring 2021

• Like 5

These guys have a better understanding of the true value of their scholarships and are making good use of it.  This is the mature way to "Promote their brand."

Similar to baseball and hockey, there should be a football minor league where young high school athletes with no interest in school can "roll the dice" that their NFL audition is successful while getting paid and "promoting their brand".  

College football should be where young athletes can audition for the NFL while making use of a valuable scholarship to learn a profession in the likely event they do not make it to the NFL (due to lack of size/talent or injury). 

Edited by countoff
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, CodeRocket said:

Amazing these young men were able to accomplish this while being members of the football team and all the demands

that places on them. I think it demonstrates intelligence, dedication, and discipline.

Source: Auburn Engineer Magazine - Spring 2021

Even more impressive to me considering having to adapt with the COVID lockdown of last year.

• Like 1

Interesting.  I was told most of our players don't get a degree.  Good to see some guys going after the hard stuff

I recognize 2 names on that list. I would have given my left you know what to be one of those unrecognized names on that list! Free education, part of the team, and likely to land a great career after graduation.....kudos to those young men! I hope we start to see a few more names in the coming years.

‘Engineer U’. War Eagle to all  these scholars and graduates. 

Football and Engineering that makes it even more impressive. These guys deserve a big  WAR EAGLE.

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Interesting.  I was told most of our players don't get a degree.  Good to see some guys going after the hard stuff

Student Athlete Graduation rate at Auburn is 80% where total Student Graduation rate is 74% this is in 2016 which is latest statistical analyses I could find. I realize this does not break down Football team graduation rate as I couldn't find anything recent on that.

https://auburntigers.com/index.aspx

https://www.collegefactual.com/colleges/auburn-university/academic-life/graduation-and-retention/

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Like 1