2022 3* Safety Ja'Kobi Albert Commits to Auburn!!

Paladin

11 hours ago, steeleagle said:

I don't see 9-3 as the bottom, but as the top, and I think our recruiting for 22 will end up 15-20. And THAT is being optimistic, IMO. :)

Last year's regular season we had 10 big games and went 6-4. Surely, with nine big games this season we can go 6-3? That wouldn't take much improvement at all. Depending on how the camp and pre-season go injury wise, I'm thinking along the lines of 10-2 or better.

20 hours ago, Mikey said:

Last year's regular season we had 10 big games and went 6-4. Surely, with nine big games this season we can go 6-3? That wouldn't take much improvement at all. Depending on how the camp and pre-season go injury wise, I'm thinking along the lines of 10-2 or better.

Mikey I love your optimism and I hope you are right and maybe we do even better then 10-2. That said until I see our O-line against a really good D-Line I think 7-5 or 8-4. I hope you are right and I am wrong it would make me really happy. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

That said until I see our O-line against a really good D-Line I think 7-5 or 8-4.

People tend to forget or disregard the fact that every O-line starter last year missed multiple games due to injury. This in a unit that's said to have to play with one heartbeat. Unless we have that freaky extreme rash of injuries on the O-line again this season, I expect them to be a team strength.

We've apparently already lost Truesdell from the D-line. Apparently he wandered off, due to lack of interest or something similar.Too much of that sort of thing before the season even starts could change my thinking.

Edited by Mikey

• 2 weeks later...
  • augolf1716 changed the title to 2022 3* Safety Ja'Kobi Albert Commits to Auburn!!!https://www.aufamily.com/forums/topic/177801-2022-3-safety-jakobi-albert-commits-to-auburn/
On 8/8/2021 at 12:49 AM, Mikey said:

At least for now, there is a new level of excitement for the team and fans with a change in coaching staff. It's a chance for new possibilities.

• Like 1

• Paladin changed the title to 2022 3* Safety Ja'Kobi Albert Commits to Auburn!!
On 8/8/2021 at 8:57 PM, AuburnNTexas said:

Mikey I love your optimism and I hope you are right and maybe we do even better then 10-2. That said until I see our O-line against a really good D-Line I think 7-5 or 8-4. I hope you are right and I am wrong it would make me really happy. 

Yes, I am thinking 8-4 would help make me happy for now. However, you never know just how the ball may bounce. Hoping for a favorable lucky bounce or two for 2021.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

I know he’s supposed to play DB for us but we sure that’s the best option? 4 TD catches in a game? Sheesh

And he only had four catches in the game.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Sizzle said:

He’s a machine! No way a mere human could do this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, toddc said:

He’s a machine! No way a mere human could do this.

I have to admit, not sure the level of competition he is facing but I don’t care. That is one of the more incredible single game stat lines I’ve seen for a player

13 minutes ago, fredst said:

I have to admit, not sure the level of competition he is facing but I don’t care. That is one of the more incredible single game stat lines I’ve seen for a player

Those stats are through two games, but still impressive.

Edited by Paladin
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, fredst said:

That’s through 2 games. And I think they’re 5A

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Who cares about an additional star...just begin those same stats to Auburn when you come...WDE