Curse ends this year in Baton Rouge

Didba

Book it, my brothers. LSU looked bad against UCLA. Auburn is going into death valley and will come out as victors for this first time since 1998 [1999*].  It's good to be excited about Auburn Football again.

• Like 1

While I agree that we have the team to put an end to this, I am taking a believe it when I see it approach on that one. We have had the superior team and inexplicably lost/blown games that we should have won the last 20 years down there. LSU may be down, but they still have great talent and will fight. Going to be tough no matter how down they are

• Like 1

Look, I'd LOVE to see the streak end. I live amongst the Corndogs. 

BUT I AIN'T COUNTING NO VICTORIES IN BATON ROUGE UNTIL THE CLOCKS READ 0:00 AND I GET OUT OF THAT STADIUM ALIVE.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

It's a stubborn curse.  2005 was one of the most maddening games I ever watched in person; Auburn whipped them up and down the field and that poor kicker got the duffs.  2017 was way worse, but luckily i was on the couch for that one.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, au302 said:

While I agree that we have the team to put an end to this, I am taking a believe it when I see it approach on that one. We have had the superior team and inexplicably lost/blown games that we should have won the last 20 years down there. LSU may be down, but they still have great talent and will fight. Going to be tough no matter how down they are

That’s true and I believe HC fighting for his job.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

Look, I'd LOVE to see the streak end. I live amongst the Corndogs. 

BUT I AIN'T COUNTING NO VICTORIES IN BATON ROUGE UNTIL THE CLOCKS READ 0:00 AND I GET OUT OF THAT STADIUM ALIVE.

We will take a win but you are on your own as far as exit strategy.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

We will take a win but you are on your own as far as exit strategy.

wag-finger-baby.gif

Remind me not to sit near you then, lol.

1 hour ago, LeonardAU said:

It's a stubborn curse.  2005 was one of the most maddening games I ever watched in person; Auburn whipped them up and down the field and that poor kicker got the duffs.  2017 was way worse, but luckily i was on the couch for that one.

Many people don't remember that in 2005 the LSU security people kept harassing our kicker about kicking outside the box painted on the sideline. They effectively stopped him from warming up. We made a fuss over it after the game, so I think it was the next time, they decided they didn't have enough power to safely run our portable coolers on the sidelines for a day game. They generously turned off their portacools too, but of course they were in the shade.....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TigerHorn said:

Many people don't remember that in 2005 the LSU security people kept harassing our kicker about kicking outside the box painted on the sideline. They effectively stopped him from warming up. We made a fuss over it after the game, so I think it was the next time, they decided they didn't have enough power to safely run our portable coolers on the sidelines for a day game. They generously turned off their portacools too, but of course they were in the shade.....

Yes, there's been one shenanigan after another pulled on our team in Baton Rouge.

We need to beat the bastards down there already. 

• Like 2

I don't think there's a ton of value in making this premature...I would say the 2017 Auburn team looked like a better team and lost against a more despondent LSU squad. You can say what you want about Gus vs Harsin, but it's too early for me to make that prediction for a first year guy in such an arduous situation 

But I will say this is their best chance to win there in my lifetime, other than 2017 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, au302 said:

Makes sense. While the new team and culture appeared much more prepared and cohesive during the Akron game, I am reserving my excitement until I see how we perform on the road against what is a top 15 team in PSU. A win would go so far for the confidence of this new program, but a loss will not derail the potential of a good season. I’m just wanting to see continued consistency. Now, if we march into Happy Valley and leave there with a win that doesn’t come right down to the wire, then who knows. The losing streak at LSU, should really have no bearing on many of these potential new stars we have and I can assure you, Bryan Harsin is not paying any attention to that. Hell, he’s from Boise, believes in his own abilities and has no reason to fear a current team like LSU, based on tape I’m sure he’s watched and studied, or will from the beat down last year. Now, UGA and Bama are a different dog, but who knows. I’m taking it one game at a time. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I don't think there's a ton of value in making this premature...I would say the 2017 Auburn team looked like a better team and lost against a more despondent LSU squad. You can say what you want about Gus vs Harsin, but it's too early for me to make that prediction for a first year guy in such an arduous situation 

But I will say this is their best chance to win there in my lifetime, other than 2017 

I agree with you. I've just got a feeling this year boys. I can feel it in my ba... I mean test... bones.. I cam feel it in my bones. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I know one game at a time and all that but as I was watching the ucla lsu game last night, I just couldn't shake the feeling that this is pur best chance since 2017 and we now have a Coach that won't choke the game away. That's the big thing for me. I trust Harsin not to do something stupid or take the foot off the gas like Gus has done so many times and allow the opponent back into the game.

25 minutes ago, Didba said:

I know one game at a time and all that but as I was watching the ucla lsu game last night, I just couldn't shake the feeling that this is pur best chance since 2017 and we now have a Coach that won't choke the game away. That's the big thing for me. I trust Harsin not to do something stupid or take the foot off the gas like Gus has done so many times and allow the opponent back into the game.

It could be the fact that Ed O appears to have already lost this team. I have not seen a worse LSU defense in my life. Don't want to tackle. Why did CEO want to switch to a 4-3 so badly? They had a perfect roster set up for a 3-4. I can't figure that one out. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

It could be the fact that Ed O appears to have already lost this team. I have not seen a worse LSU defense in my life. Don't want to tackle. Why did CEO want to switch to a 4-3 so badly? They had a perfect roster set up for a 3-4. I can't figure that one out. 

DBU is dead and it might be a minute before they revive after this. DTR had like 25 yards a completion against them

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby
  • Like 1

We saved Coach O’s job twice already in 2017 and 2018. I’m more than ready to break the Red Stick curse and I hope this year is the year. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Didba said:

Book it, my brothers. LSU looked bad against UCLA. Auburn is going into death valley and will come out as victors for this first time since 1998 [1999*].  It's good to be excited about Auburn Football again.

What the hell is a Didba is what I want to know

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

I remember blowing a 20-0 lead and Malzahn  showing just what a genius coach he is. Unfortunately, it took another three years before he was finally removed. I feel alot better about going in there with CBH at the helm.

• Like 3