Curse ends this year in Baton Rouge

Didba

10 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Hey...it's something

I know Bowden was short but dang he gets overlooked a lot. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

On 9/11/2021 at 7:28 AM, auburnphan said:

All I know is for the first time in along time I feel confident that we will not be out coached

Has Bobo made this feeling fade yet? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Has Bobo made this feeling fade yet? 

Nope.   Not sure what game you are watching but Bobo has been calling a great game.  It is not his fault his qb can’t hit the broad side of a barn half the time and when he does hit it half the time the wrs can’t catch it.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Hey...it's something

Very strange they left off Terry Bowden since he won his first 20. He would have been easily the first one that came to my mind.

Poor Tubbs didn't even score in his 5th game.

Just now, auburnphan said:

Nope.   Not sure what game you are watching but Bobo has been calling a great game.  It is not his fault his qb can’t hit the broad side of a barn half the time and when he does hit it half the time the wrs can’t catch it.

Fade, yeah, you missed it badly. 

Just now, auburnphan said:

Yeah, one play, five options, qb makes pre Snap bad decision, DA.

Are you missing a sense of humor or just sense altogether?

On 9/9/2021 at 10:36 PM, milehighfan said:

I remember blowing a 20-0 lead and Malzahn  showing just what a genius coach he is. Unfortunately, it took another three years before he was finally removed. I feel alot better about going in there with CBH at the helm.

The irony is that was the year we beat #1 uga and #1 bama to end the year.

9 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Seriously? If this is what great looks like, I pity the game where he has an off day.

Looking forward to LSwhoo talk., Can we we fire fans too? Jeez let's move on.

I watched the Miss St game and the UCLA game. UClA really put it to them. Impressed by that game as they had something to prove. Should be able to run the ball in my opinion if our offensive line putstheir big boy britches on Saturday night.

Miss St didn't really do anything on offense but it's wasn't for lack of opportunities. Their RB draw was an underutilized weapon that Washington State used to kill teams with. LSU looked beatable, MSU offense found rhythm but it was too little too late. And the freaking challenge at the end lost another opportunity to at least get the ball back because they had three timeouts. Really poor clock management by the ol Pirate. 

Edited by Randman5000

10 hours ago, auburnphan said:

Yeah, one play, five options, qb makes pre Snap bad decision, DA.

I have great respect for the person to whom this was in response, but I did want to agree with you that a lot of us need to zoom way out and look at the entirety of these games. We're bitching and moaning about a play here or a play there when there were 65-75 other plays called. 

Now, Ga State was an unmitigated disaster. The defense gave us an all-time terrible performance in the first half on par with TAMU in 2012. They got it squared away, and it wasn't *just* because of my man crush Zakoby. But the offense proved that they're just not a nearly talented or experienced enough squad. That offensive line continued to get their asses kicked. The receivers saw their coach fired. QB1 got benched and literally nobody complained about that. QB2 won the game but he was clearly not great.

Very, very few OCs look smart without talent at their disposal. Not saying Bobo is a genius or a long term fix but I'm surprised people are so preoccupied with him and not with the chicken s*** he's trying to turn into chicken salad. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, weagl1 said:

Both teams have been wildly inconsistent it’s one of those games where anything can happen and it usually does when we play LSU.  

Seriously. Recipe for absolute chaos and we will have our hearts ripped out. 

If AU gets it together and maybe has better all around play they can win, but I just don’t know. If the team that made the trip to Happy Valley shows up we can definitely win. Defense just needs to play well all 4 quarters. They’re going to throw a lot. If we can’t pressure, it will get ugly. 

50 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I have great respect for the person to whom this was in response, but I did want to agree with you that a lot of us need to zoom way out and look at the entirety of these games. We're bitching and moaning about a play here or a play there when there were 65-75 other plays called. 

Now, Ga State was an unmitigated disaster. The defense gave us an all-time terrible performance in the first half on par with TAMU in 2012. They got it squared away, and it wasn't *just* because of my man crush Zakoby. But the offense proved that they're just not a nearly talented or experienced enough squad. That offensive line continued to get their asses kicked. The receivers saw their coach fired. QB1 got benched and literally nobody complained about that. QB2 won the game but he was clearly not great.

Very, very few OCs look smart without talent at their disposal. Not saying Bobo is a genius or a long term fix but I'm surprised people are so preoccupied with him and not with the chicken s*** he's trying to turn into chicken salad. 

We are the sum of our parts. I know that’s overly simple, but that’s how I am. That’s why I have not gotten twisted about a play call here or there, because I just don’t think we are close yet. Could the coaching staff have done some things better? Sure they could have. Hell, at this point I just want to see effort and improvement. 

The bolded statement reminds me of a quote from Mr. Ernest Tucker in the cinematic masterpiece Pure Country- “ The funny thing about that little white speck on the top of chicken s***. That little white speck is chicken s*** too.”

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Hell, at this point I just want to see effort and improvement. 

Thank you.

It somewhat reminds me of the schedule excuse. As if they excuses just plain being bad at football. Um, no. You know who can complain about that? uga, who has been denied two national championships in the last 10 years because they lost in the last minute both times to the greatest coach of all time coaching two of the greatest teams of all time. They can whine about having done everything right and still being denied. (And, my, how they whine. God, I hate them.)

We can whine about that 4th and 2 call when our defense doesn't give up video game completion percentages and when our QB can throw for 200 yards. Until then, let's see if we get better. Let's see if we can block Georgia State players. Let's see if we can recruit better players. Lets see if our QB can learn to set his feet and hit a wide open receiver in the end zone. 

• Love 2

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Amen, I feel like some good people are losing their minds over minor things.   Besides Mikey, we all new this was going to be a process.  I mean look at the process it took Bruce "F'in" Pearl to build and change a culture.  I mean that guy can sell a sh#t sandwich to you for $5000 and get you excited to eat it.   By no means has our football program been Barbeed but it is gonna take some time.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Amen, I feel like some good people are losing their minds over minor things.   Besides Mikey, we all new this was going to be a process.  I mean look at the process it took Bruce "F'in" Pearl to build and change a culture.  I mean that guy can sell a sh#t sandwich to you for $5000 and get you excited to eat it.   By no means has our football program been Barbeed but it is gonna take some time.

Ha! Barbeed 😂