Curse ends this year in Baton Rouge

Didba

35 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

I remember blowing a 20-0 lead and Malzahn  showing just what a genius coach he is. Unfortunately, it took another three years before he was finally removed. I feel alot better about going in there with CBH at the helm.

Not to pile on, but didn’t we also blow a double digit 4th quarter lead vs the Corn Dogs the very next year at home also?

18 hours ago, ValleyTiger said:

Yes, there's been one shenanigan after another pulled on our team in Baton Rouge.

We need to beat the bastards down there already. 

I'd be less worried about "shenanigans" and more concerned about airborne whisky bottles. ;)

Edited by homersapien

Just now, Hank2020 said:

Not enough emphasis on impact of all the coaching staff changes. Not sure he will get another year to make it work so better start turning around quickly.

BTW, we are in same boat just had a positive 1 st game ( albeit, much less of an opponent).

• Like 1

15 hours ago, milehighfan said:

I believe you're right.

We did.

Almost as disheartening was that it showed that no one really cares about that series anymore—both teams were top 15 and there were still plenty of empty seats.

Edited by AUwent

On 9/9/2021 at 2:49 PM, TigerHorn said:

Many people don't remember that in 2005 the LSU security people kept harassing our kicker about kicking outside the box painted on the sideline. They effectively stopped him from warming up. We made a fuss over it after the game, so I think it was the next time, they decided they didn't have enough power to safely run our portable coolers on the sidelines for a day game. They generously turned off their portacools too, but of course they were in the shade.....

Sorry to double post but I had never heard about that in 2005. What’s your source for that? If true, takes away any guilt I may have felt for the generous calls we got the next year (which they still cry about to this day).

“Coolergate” was ten years later.

And I don’t think it really matters whether it’s a night game. We got skulldragged in the afternoon in 2011 and 15, 17 was the blown 20 point lead, we hung tough with them in 19 (no shame in that one TBH).

Edited by AUwent

17 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Sorry to double post but I had never heard about that in 2005. What’s your source for that? If true, takes away any guilt I may have felt for the generous calls we got the next year (which they still cry about to this day).

“Coolergate” was ten years later.

And I don’t think it really matters whether it’s a night game. We got skulldragged in the afternoon in 2011 and 15, 17 was the blown 20 point lead, we hung tough with them in 19 (no shame in that one TBH).

I was on the Premium board for another service then, the situation with our kicker was discussed extensively by insiders, including one who I believe may have been a team manager. I recall that there were some video clips of it actually happening. I guess I'm confusing coolergate with what happened on our next trip down, I just remember more crap occurring. 

• Like 2

On 9/9/2021 at 1:02 PM, LeonardAU said:

2005 was one of the most maddening games I ever watched in person; Auburn whipped them up and down the field and that poor kicker got the duffs.

I'd love to see Tank get off the bus and promise he's gonna run for 200

• Like 1
  • Love 1

39 minutes ago, TigerHorn said:

I was on the Premium board for another service then, the situation with our kicker was discussed extensively by insiders, including one who I believe may have been a team manager. I recall that there were some video clips of it actually happening. I guess I'm confusing coolergate with what happened on our next trip down, I just remember more crap occurring. 

But you do know that it was 2005?

The amount of similarities between 2005 and 2017 are scary.

Edited by AUwent

• WarTiger changed the title to Curse ends this year in Baton Rouge

1) I hope CBH has enough enough wisdom and experience to know: never assume you have a safe margin and go into "play not to lose" mode in the SEC - against anybody.

2) I hope his FB operations manager and trusted staff in the AD will advise him on the above shenanigans and the wild card of Baton Rouge voodoo. Again - play at a level to negate the effect of bad/skewed officiating, weather stoppages, nefarious security guards, lack of air conditioning, corndog-scented water, etc., etc., etc.

3) Beat the hell out of LSU. Then, expect a zombie in the last 30 seconds to start crawling again. Keep putting rounds in it and aim for the head.

They have an enviable load of multi-star recruits. Sun Tsu says never assume the next batch of corndogs will be as awful as the last. We should win. Unfair crap happens.

Edited by AUx
  • Like 1

I was there, did somebody seriously connect a curse with this media fabricated "insult"? I saw 3 AU players puffing OFF the field near AU student section 20 mins after game ended w/ a virtually empty stadium and NO LSU players or fans anywhere to be seen. Media frames it as in your face poor sportsmanship by AU. Tubs bday cigars.

16 hours ago, AUwent said:

But you do know that it was 2005?

The amount of similarities between 2005 and 2017 are scary.

Not sure why you're even asking the question, since the prior post explicitly mentions 2005.

2007 in BR included some suspicious clock management at the end. I was told by a highly connected LSU booster that the clock operator had, ahem, personal incentives to be sure that time didn't run out on LSU.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/9/2021 at 10:15 AM, Didba said:

Book it, my brothers. LSU looked bad against UCLA. Auburn is going into death valley and will come out as victors for this first time since 1998 [1999*].  It's good to be excited about Auburn Football again.

Just wondering if you still feel the same.

I hope you're right @Didba. I feel like we are Linus every other year saying "this is the year". 

Screenshot_20210926-145535~2.png