BREAKING NEWS FROM BREITBART: Conservatives Wont Get Vaccines Because That Would Make Them Feel Like Cucks! It's Official: Owning Libs > Saving own life.

CoffeeTiger

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Taking precautions is normal for humans as it the best way to preserve life.  Precautions are things like wearing a seat belt while driving.  Undue fear is what we are talking about here.  As an example; watch the first 45 seconds of this video.

Two elderly people with full face shields and masks cowering while a man eats without a mask.  I am compassionate for these old people because they are so afraid.  They have succumbed to the belief that if they catch Covid they will die.  They have absolutely no doubt.  This is unreasonable fear, in my opinion.

Tp the bolded part; this must be your favorite saying, it has no effect, but I will defend you use of it.

Yep. That's a perfect example of people who want everyone to get vaccinated and use other mitigation measures. Good job.

Would you like to discuss this rationally, or will you continue to try to find the most extreme examples?

Your last line really doesn't make much sense, but thanks for proving my point.

7 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Taking precautions is normal for humans as it the best way to preserve life.  Precautions are things like wearing a seat belt while driving.  Undue fear is what we are talking about here.  As an example; watch the first 45 seconds of this video.

Two elderly people with full face shields and masks cowering while a man eats without a mask.  I am compassionate for these old people because they are so afraid.  They have succumbed to the belief that if they catch Covid they will die.  They have absolutely no doubt.  This is unreasonable fear, in my opinion.

Your kinda guy, right?  Totally self absorbed and could care less about elderly people forced to share his space.

And people are shocked because I would just as soon see such people die so we could be rid of them.

17 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I agree here, but some people have irrational fears especially in response to all the *information* about Covid.  I just posted a video showing this.

You know, threatening to put me on ignore is not the threat you think it is.  If you put me on ignore, I can express my opinion without objection.  Carry on.

And miss out on such a learning opportunity?  ;D

But yeah, you are starting to approximate the losers I ignore. Simply not worth my time. If you keep up with the mindless posts, I'll let you join them.

Edited by homersapien
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Your kinda guy, right?  Totally self absorbed and could care less about elderly people forced to share his space.

And people are shocked because I would just as soon see such people die so we could be rid of them.

A guy just trying to eat on the plane? He probably took his mask off to eat and the couple next to him started freaking out and berating him so he got his phone out to film it........granted he handled it wrong by filing them lose their s**t and should have been more respectful. But they: A should not lose their minds if he was eating something and respect that as well. You could see the mask in his hand as well. So it's not like he wasn't wearing one while not eating. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Yep. That's a perfect example of people who want everyone to get vaccinated and use other mitigation measures. Good job.

Would you like to discuss this rationally, or will you continue to try to find the most extreme examples?

Your last line really doesn't make much sense, but thanks for proving my point.

It was an example of unreasonable fear.  Don’t live in fear can be restated as don’t live in unreasonable fear.  I only have a mask on if required and do not practice social distancing unless the establishment I am in requires it.  If I get sick I feel the medical community will treat me as best they can to get me back healthy.  Other than that, I don’t give Covid a second thought.

I don’t believe the people that attended the PSU game even thought of Covid while they were in the stadium breathing vigorously.

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

It was an example of unreasonable fear.  Don’t live in fear can be restated as don’t live in unreasonable fear.  I only have a mask on if required and do not practice social distancing unless the establishment I am in requires it.  If I get sick I feel the medical community will treat me as best they can to get me back healthy.  Other than that, I don’t give Covid a second thought.

I don’t believe the people that attended the PSU game even thought of Covid while they were in the stadium breathing vigorously.

What you somehow continue to not understand, or perhaps just not care about, is that your decisions impact others. If you're not concerned about your health, fine. At least consider others. It has been repeated, ad nauseum, that masks are primarily to prevent spread, not protect the wearer. I wear one just about any time I am in public, whether they are required or not. Not because I'm concerned about my health (I'm vaccinated), but because I don't want to spread it in case I'm somehow carrying, and because I'll take any limited protection I can get from catching it and carrying it home to my unvaccinated children.

The bolded line encapsulated your entire attitude, and that of the majority of "personal choice" proponents: as long as I get to do what I want, the rest doesn't matter. 

5 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

What you somehow continue to not understand, or perhaps just not care about, is that your decisions impact others. If you're not concerned about your health, fine. At least consider others. It has been repeated, ad nauseum, that masks are primarily to prevent spread, not protect the wearer. I wear one just about any time I am in public, whether they are required or not. Not because I'm concerned about my health (I'm vaccinated), but because I don't want to spread it in case I'm somehow carrying, and because I'll take any limited protection I can get from catching it and carrying it home to my unvaccinated children.

The bolded line encapsulated your entire attitude, and that of the majority of "personal choice" proponents: as long as I get to do what I want, the rest doesn't matter. 

Good for you

33 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

A guy just trying to eat on the plane? He probably took his mask off to eat and the couple next to him started freaking out and berating him so he got his phone out to film it........granted he handled it wrong by filing them lose their s**t and should have been more respectful. But they: A should not lose their minds if he was eating something and respect that as well. You could see the mask in his hand as well. So it's not like he wasn't wearing one while not eating. 

I think it was a bus.  And it was a candy bar.  And he was disrespectful.

But I am sure he thought nothing of it.

13 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Apparently you're not going to dispute the point about it being all about you?

Actually, if I am feeling poorly, I won’t go out in public at all.  So it really isn’t all about me.

• Facepalm 2

4 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I think it was a bus.  And it was a candy bar.  And he was disrespectful.

But I am sure he thought nothing of it.

It was a plane, and does it matter if it was a candy bar?

What part was disrespectful? Him eating or the filming part?

What about the couple? Should they have been respectful that you are allowed to take your mask off to eat on a plane?

3 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Actually, if I am feeling poorly, I won’t go out in public at all.  So it really isn’t all about me.

What a relief! Thankfully there's no such thing as asymptomatic spread!

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

So you are a proponent of just get it for others and assume it is 100% safe no matter what and take the risk? That is what I was told, hell I even got it early on because of my heart condition because people were pushing the vaccine so hard. I have had complications because of it since. 

8 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

What a relief! Thankfully there's no such thing as asymptomatic spread!

It is a relief.  I have not infected anyone and that is a blessing.  I must be doing something right for mankind.

• Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, wdefromtx said:

So you are a proponent of just get it for others and assume it is 100% safe no matter what and take the risk? That is what I was told, hell I even got it early on because of my heart condition because people were pushing the vaccine so hard. I have had complications because of it since. 

At what point did I say it was 100% safe? For that matter, when did anyone say it was 100% safe? Certainly I wouldn't have taken the vaccine before it was finished in testing, but we've got far more data than we need to show the benefits outweigh the risks for the general public.

There is no vaccine that is 100% safe, and if you have a condition certainly you should discuss it with your doctor first. 

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Mostly the vaccinated fear the unvaccinated even though the vaccinated have a better chance of surviving Covid.  Strange isn’t it?

Not strange at all IMO. I caught COVID from an unvaccinated family member and spent 5 nights in the hospital. Tell you that the COVID unit is not a place you care to spend any time. Lonely, the first day in all I heard for hours was a gentleman across the hall wailing for his mama, daddy, and presumably his brother named Blake. Hoping he made it ok, most folks 02 level is so low it prevents that type of behavior. 

I don’t blame a soul for avoiding unvaccinated folks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

I didn't think it needed qualification.  I've been pretty clear, IMO.

Sorry I made you "clutch your pearls" from that perceived lack of clarity. My bad.  ;)

Regardless of what you think you did qualify the statement. That is sorta decent I suppose.

Edited by SaltyTiger

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

Is this where this is going?  Really??  

You make a definitive statement that you didn't infect anyone. I question how you are certain of that. You ask if this is where this is going. Am I missing something?

You going to answer the question?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

It was a plane, and does it matter if it was a candy bar?

What part was disrespectful? Him eating or the filming part?

What about the couple? Should they have been respectful that you are allowed to take your mask off to eat on a plane?

You can always stick a candy bar in your pocket for later if you don't want to expose the person sitting next to you.

But I suppose that's a really tough decision for you?

Edited by homersapien

5 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Not strange at all IMO. I caught COVID from an unvaccinated family member and spent 5 nights in the hospital. Tell you that the COVID unit is not a place you care to spend any time. Lonely, the first day in all I heard for hours was a gentleman across the hall wailing for his mama, daddy, and presumably his brother named Blake. Hoping he made it ok, most folks 02 level is so low it prevents that type of behavior. 

I don’t blame a soul for avoiding unvaccinated folks. 

Were you vaccinated when you contracted Covid from your family member and, if so, do you feel it gave you a leg up on the recovery?

5 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

You make a definitive statement that you didn't infect anyone. I question how you are certain of that. You ask if this is where this is going. Am I missing something?

You going to answer the question?

The people I hang around would let me know if I was at an event that a case of Covid was detected. So far, so good.  How about you.  With all your precautions; can you say the same?

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

The people I hang around would let me know if I was at an event that a case of Covid was detected. So far, so good.  How about you.  With all your precautions; can you say the same?

So you were never around anyone besides those you hung out with? Never went out in public? You talk to every person you've ever been around the last year and a half, including those you walked by in whatever stores you went to or restaurants you ate in?

No, I can't say for certain I didn't expose anyone in the past year and a half. Neither can you. I did do everything in my power to limit the possibility of my exposing others. Can you say the same? 

26 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Regardless of what you think you did qualify the statement. That is sorta decent I suppose.

I qualified it because some people - including you - were horrified at what I said.  You even implied I was a bad person. And WDE piled on by implying I would rather have people die than get vaccinated. :-\

But like I said, I saw no need to clarify anything.  And frankly I don't know what else I added that makes you now think I am now "sorta decent".  (Assuming that is a distinction in the first place.)

Edited by homersapien