COVID treatment is ONLY for unvaccinated!

AURex

4 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Also, this is akin to saying that because you know this one dude who died because they put seatbelt on and couldn't get it undone and died in a car fire after a traffic accident that we shouldn't encourage people to wear seatbelts, much less have laws about them.

We don't make health and safety recommendations based on an anecdote here or there.  We make them based on data drawn from hundreds of thousands or millions upon millions of cases.  

Seatbelts save exponentially more lives than they ever cause death or serious injury.

So do the vaccines.

I am not disagreeing with this, but saying people still can make the decision with what they want to do with their own body and what goes in it. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

I have an ejection fraction of 35% due to a widow maker heart attack I had at the end of 2019. Essentially the whole front wall muscle of my heart is all dead. 

Had Covid last summer and did fine. 

After getting the vaccine dang near ended up in the hospital due to congestive heart failure due to losing more heart function from Myocarditis after the vaccine. Which I started showing complications shortly after the vaccine, but I didn’t really connect the dots until my cardiologist did. I have improved as far as that goes, but still not to how I was before the vaccine. Which when I had Covid in August I am pretty sure things made it harder to recover from compared to the first time. Maybe it helped, but my reference point is skewed since the first bout was easier. 

I truly am sorry that the vaccine has given you health issues, but as others pointed out, statistically they are far safer. I understand that is of no comfort to you nor should it be.

My wife and I had to make the same decision. She was diagnosed last year with heart failure due to a Non-compacted left ventricle, a congenital defect where the tissue of the heart wall in that area did not form properly. Her ejection fraction is in the low 40's, though seems to be slightly improving since she is now on medication and physical rehab. We were well aware that myocarditis was a potential side effect, but decided to trust the medical community. Fortunately, that decision has served us well, as two of our children contracted Covid not long ago. My wife never got it. I wish your decision had turned out as well as ours.

Edited by Leftfield

3 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

I am not disagreeing with this, but saying people still can make the decision with what they want to do with their own body and what goes in it. 

But what I'm saying is that sometimes, the data is so overwhelming that we - at the very least - strongly encourage everyone to do it and sometimes we actually make laws requiring them to do it.  Wear your seatbelt.  Any public safety authority who tried to mealy mouth this notion or suggest that it should just be personal choice and there are other things you can do like wear a football helmet while driving to keep you safe would and should be fired.  

Similarly, any public health official hemming and hawing about the effectiveness of the vaccines, discounting them by lumping them in with "eat more fruits and veggies" and "lose weight", or just saying "personal choice" isn't doing their job.  Even if we don't raise it to the level of a mandate, the only thing coming out of his mouth should be that the vaccines are still, by far, the most effective tool to protect your from the virus, and to get us out of this pandemic as quickly as possible.  Anything that undermines that simple message is a dereliction of duty and he or she should be fired.

40 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

The FDA just came out and said they only recommend a vaccine booster for those over 65.  Knowing what you know now would you take the booster if it were available for everyone?

1 hour ago, wdefromtx said:

I have an ejection fraction of 35% due to a widow maker heart attack I had at the end of 2019. Essentially the whole front wall muscle of my heart is all dead. 

Had Covid last summer and did fine. 

After getting the vaccine dang near ended up in the hospital due to congestive heart failure due to losing more heart function from Myocarditis after the vaccine. Which I started showing complications shortly after the vaccine, but I didn’t really connect the dots until my cardiologist did. I have improved as far as that goes, but still not to how I was before the vaccine. Which when I had Covid in August I am pretty sure things made it harder to recover from compared to the first time. Maybe it helped, but my reference point is skewed since the first bout was easier. 

So, you first had a myocardial infarction, which "killed" the front wall of your heart, then you caught covid, and then you got vaccinated?

Did you consult with your cardiologist prior to the vaccination?

Edited by homersapien

3 hours ago, homersapien said:

So, you first had a myocardial infarction, which "killed" the front wall of your heart, then you caught covid, and then you got vaccinated?

Did you consult with your cardiologist prior to the vaccination?

Had the MI two days after Christmas in 2019. 100% blockage of the LAD artery (widowmaker) and 90% blockage of the LC artery (cause I guess a widowmaker just wasn't enough). The red blocks I put in this image are where I now have two stents. Cardiologist interventionalist that was on call told my wife that there is no medical explanation on why I survived.

In late June of 2020 I caught Covid the first time. While still in cardiac rehab no less. Luckily, the timeframe that I caught the virus I was not doing rehab that week and as soon as I thought I had it I stayed home. I felt bad for 3-4 days then was back to normal. Got my test results back nearly 10 days after I felt better. Go figure. LOL

Got the Moderna (I keep thinking it was Pfizer, but my wife says it was Moderna LOL) vaccine in January of this year. And yes I consulted my cardiologist. He was one that recommended it. It effected my functioning to the point it was basically heart failure. That is when I slowed down posting on here for a while. Didn't need the added stress...LOL Better but not at pre vaccine levels.

Second bout with Covid was early last month. This time around I was down for a little over 2 weeks or so. I still fared well considering, but this time was much worse. 

My heart condition is one that wouldn't necessarily qualify for a reason not to get it, in fact is more of a reason to get it......but this happened. So when a person says they have concerns about it, I understand where they are coming from. Now the ones that are concerned because it has a microchip in it...not so much. LMAO

MI.jpg

Edited by wdefromtx
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

The FDA just came out and said they only recommend a vaccine booster for those over 65.  Knowing what you know now would you take the booster if it were available for everyone?

I would not get one.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Leftfield said:

I truly am sorry that the vaccine has given you health issues, but as others pointed out, statistically they are far safer. I understand that is of no comfort to you nor should it be.

My wife and I had to make the same decision. She was diagnosed last year with heart failure due to a Non-compacted left ventricle, a congenital defect where the tissue of the heart wall in that area did not form properly. Her ejection fraction is in the low 40's, though seems to be slightly improving since she is now on medication and physical rehab. We were well aware that myocarditis was a potential side effect, but decided to trust the medical community. Fortunately, that decision has served us well, as two of our children contracted Covid not long ago. My wife never got it. I wish your decision had turned out as well as ours.

Thanks.

I totally get the statistics, nor am I anti vaccination. I am sure you can see why I feel the vaccine should be a choice. I mentioned yesterday that we are waiting to for some more information to come out before our 13 year old daughter gets the vaccine. The vaccine has shown some adverse effects regarding female reproductive system things and there already are some preexisting issues. According to some, (even on here) think that is the wrong decision. 

Also, I am happy your wife has responded good to rehab and meds. I had 6 months of rehab and now on many meds and got my EF from about 30 to mid 30's. A little note on statistics.......about 6 months prior to my heart attack I had my annual checkup with our family doc. After all my tests, my heart risk assessment showed that I had a %0.01 chance of having a heart attack within the next 10 years. Boom, I had one 6 months later, just 1 month after I turned 40. 

17 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

Thanks.

I totally get the statistics, nor am I anti vaccination. I am sure you can see why I feel the vaccine should be a choice. I mentioned yesterday that we are waiting to for some more information to come out before our 13 year old daughter gets the vaccine. The vaccine has shown some adverse effects regarding female reproductive system things and there already are some preexisting issues. According to some, (even on here) think that is the wrong decision. 

Also, I am happy your wife has responded good to rehab and meds. I had 6 months of rehab and now on many meds and got my EF from about 30 to mid 30's. A little note on statistics.......about 6 months prior to my heart attack I had my annual checkup with our family doc. After all my tests, my heart risk assessment showed that I had a %0.01 chance of having a heart attack within the next 10 years. Boom, I had one 6 months later, just 1 month after I turned 40. 

Again, as far as I know, no one has said that anyone with a medical condition that can possibly cause problems has no right to refuse the vaccine. It's a personal decision for them to make, presumably with their doctor's advice.  Presumably, any company enacting a mandate will exempt such people who can prove they have a genuine reason.

Just to be clear, I am have been talking specifically about people who are refusing the vaccine based on political or some other ideological motivation. I have no problem with mandates that address those people.  Same goes for the merely ignorant.

If you disagree, fine.  But don't expect the pandemic to get any better.  In fact, we'll wind up isolated from the rest of the world as other countries get it under control. We currently stand 43rd in developed/semi-developed country's vaccination rates: 

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/world/covid-vaccinations-tracker.html

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1