Harsin declines to address vaccination status

aubiefifty

Anyone that declines the vaccine based on religious convictions, should also not be brushing their teeth with fluoride toothpaste or taking Tums for heartburn.

1 minute ago, AU9377 said:

The mandate is legal, so says the courts.  Auburn will ignore the governor due to the fact that Auburn cannot function as a research university without federal funding.  Every major contractor in AL will do the same.

Do you not find it strange that the governor has been on a year long crusade begging people to get vaccinated, yet wants to give the same an out if they want one?

There are multiple governors that understand that they can be all for people getting a vaccine yet also understand that forcing it on people is an infringement. Supporting something and forcing something aren't the same thing. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Nice of you to cherry pick and ignore the other. You know Judaism, islam, Catholic, buddhist, etc...

Disingenuous much?

I mean, jesus christ did you even read your article our just being obnoxious at this point!?!?!??  Hilarious you try to post a link, then don't even read the actual comments.

Lmao using Catholicism when the GD Pope said what is quoted below.

Judiasm

The three major branches of modern Judaism include Reform, Orthodox, and Conservative. Organizations and leaders across the three branches have released statements in support of vaccinations.

Islam

The first way does not conform with the Sharia, because it risks the lives of people (Herd immunity by not taking the vaccine) particularly the weak, which is in direct conflict with the intent of the legislator with regard to preserving all human lives. …

The second way is through vaccination, which is congruent with the Sharia and reason.

Catholic

The head of the Roman Catholic Church, Pope Francis, has urged people to get the COVID-19 vaccine and said that getting the shot is an “act of love”.

“Thanks to God’s grace and to the work of many, we now have vaccines to protect us from COVID-19,” the pope said in the video below. He continued on to say that vaccines “bring hope to end the pandemic, but only if they are available to all and if we collaborate with one another.”

Edited by W.E.D

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Yeah bud....you're right.  Just like no one would ever get fired for not taking the shot.  Clearly no institution would ever do such a thing

Again, try again. I didn't say that. 

Reading comprehension hard...

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

You don't know that. That's the point. You're just throwing s*** on the wall and hoping something sticks. You don't know 

Which is even more reason that Harsin should man up and speak his truth.

• Like 1

Just now, W.E.D said:

I mean, jesus christ did you even read your article our just being obnoxious at this point!?!?!??

Judiasm

Islam

Catholic

Exactly those don't, but the one I posted did. You said none do, I showed you that one does. 

Just now, AU9377 said:

Which is even more reason that Harsin should man up and speak his truth.

It's his truth. None of our business.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Nice of you to cherry pick and ignore the other. You know Judaism, islam, Catholic, buddhist, etc...

Disingenuous much?

Bird, are you saying that these religions are against the vaccine?

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

You don't know that. That's the point. You're just throwing s*** on the wall and hoping something sticks. You don't know 

Yeah, he's part of the 99.999999% religious folk.  That must be the answer vs just basic damn logic

Just now, auburnphan said:

saying there is zero chance because he will get an exemption is different.

My apologies I didn't make it clearer  I figured posting that link right after the statement was clear enough.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AUFightingSoldiers said:

There are multiple governors that understand that they can be all for people getting a vaccine yet also understand that forcing it on people is an infringement. Supporting something and forcing something aren't the same thing. 

We have had vaccine mandates in this country for decades.

1 hour ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Staying out of the ICU and surviving seems like a positive but what do I know

That’s what the vaccines do, agreed.

but lack of one should NOT decline anyone any service, employment, or opportunity.  

Now back to football!  Beat the rebels, bears, land sharks, Mannings (anything else?)

WDE

It's his truth. None of our business.

It is our business when it impacts his public position.  If someone wants total privacy, don't take a job paying millions working for a state university.

• Like 1

Exactly those don't,

7 minutes ago, bigbird said:

You know Judaism, Christian, islam, Catholic, buddhist

Are you trolling me right now?  Those are literally the examples you gave and your link says otherwise. 

The "mainstream" religions have like 200k world wide.

Just now, W.E.D said:

Yeah, he's part of the 99.999999% religious folk.  That must be the answer vs just basic damn logic

Wtf are you even talking about?

You said no mainstream religions I showed you that Christian scientist do. Why is that difficult?

Just now, Tiger Refuge said:

Yeah, I’m lost. I’ll just go back and hang out in the food thread.😳

I'll join you.

• Haha 1

Just now, bigbird said:

s I showed you that Christian scientist do

They have 300,000 people worldwide.

LMAO if you think that is mainstream.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

Are you trolling me right now?  Those are literally the examples you gave and your link says otherwise. 

The "mainstream" religions have like 200k world wide.

No you don't it's not. I pulled the excerpt about Christian scientist. You seem to be a little confused by that simple act

55 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

Pfizer has been proven to have used aborted fetal tissue in their development of the vaccine and that isn’t the case with any other vaccines. Not even a debate to be had here. 

You’re listening to idiots again. 

https://apnews.com/article/fact-checking-529913215948

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Who says it has to be a “non-cult Christian” held belief? It seems narrow minded to me to try to pinpoint this information as there is no data one way or the other to determine if he is vaccinated or not. Just everyone’s thoughts and opinions ( including mine).

He isn't Joe the plumber.  He is paid over $5 million/yr by a public university.  He is as much of a public official as any elected person in the state.  He has influence.  When you have that position with that influence, you don't get the luxury of only using the influence and ignoring the responsibilities that come with.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1