Harsin declines to address vaccination status

aubiefifty

4 minutes ago, cbo said:

Zero chance Auburn fires a coach they want to keep over something like this. 

Bingo. Wazzou needed a reason and he gave them one. This never has to be public knowledge so Harsin has no reason to say anything. HIPPA protects him.

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

Washington State just did it

Because he came out and publicly denied taking the vaccine. Harsin hasn't. Brilliant move by him.

Do I agree with not getting it? No. Is it his right? Yes.

• Like 2

If Harsin is unvaxxed I do give him credit for being smart enough to not publicly say that and at least leave some room for doubt.

WSU and their coach became a national laughing stock due because of this, and id hate to see AU get drug through the mud for something so silly and unnecessary.

If Harsin is unvaxxed I would expect AU will grant him a religious exemption and try to keep it out of the public eye.  

Edited by CoffeeTiger

1 minute ago, CoffeeTiger said:

WSU and their coach became a national laughing stock due to their anti-vaxx coach, and id hate to see AU get drug through the mud for something so silly and unnecessary.

To be clear, CBH isn't anti-vax and has stated so publicly multiple times.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, bigbird said:

To be clear, CBH isn't anti-vax and has stated so publicly multiple times.

Right, As far as i know WSU's former coach never stated he was "anti-vax" either, just that he wouldn't take the covid vaccine, which set off the media firestorm and led to his firing and public reprimands by the University 

I'd wish he'd get it and would say he did, but if he wont do that then doing the "personal choice" sidestep is the second best thing he could do, just as long as he doesn't become the 2nd FBS coach to come out and say hes unvaxed.

Auburn is overall a fairly conservative university in Alabama, so im pretty confident they would ensure he wouldn't get fired no matter his stance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I pray the guy’s vaccinated, I really do. It’d be calamitous if we go to Atlanta, compete with UGA, and end up blowing the recruiting class and the program’s direction around the same time LSU should be cementing their HC prospects and guys who aren’t yet committed are in the home stretch. Not to mention literally everyone else in the West improving

For people who legitimately wonder why this is a reoccurring issue, it’s one that shapes the next half decade for Auburn football imo

And this is 100% being used against us in recruiting 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 4
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, MustardSeed said:

What in the world is this implying?

It's not really implying anything. It's pretty direct 

55 minutes ago, cptau said:

It's his business whether he got the shots.  HIPAA

It's really hilarious when absolutely 99.9% of the public actually understand HIPAA

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

It's really hilarious when absolutely 99.9% of the public actually understand HIPAA

It's killing me they don't know what HIPAA is🤣

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Who are you to determine what someone else's religion supports or does not support or if it is valid? 

edit- I first typed that with anger in my heart. I re-processed and edited. 

Bc there is nearly zero chance he has a true religious exception. He went to Boise in the late 90s and I'm like 95% sure BSU, like literally every other universe, had various mandatory vaccine requirements...which he compiled with.

He's currently at a university that had mandatory vaccine requirements for our students and athletes.

I highly doubt he had a legitimate reason as either a Christian or possibly scientologist

It's nit an attack in n religion 

• Dislike 4

25 minutes ago, cbo said:

Zero chance Auburn fires a coach they want to keep over something like this. 

I would point out the hypocrisy involved but I was just stopping by to see if anything happened over the weekend

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Don’t hold your breath.

I'm not believe me 🤣 I have doctor's in my family who knows more then they ever will about this whole thing but let's believe what we find on the internet😎 it's cool though like I said I don't wanna argue anymore about this topic. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, around4ever said:

The only reason the University put out the mandate was because of Biden’s illegal mandate.  The governor issued an executive order today ordering state officials and institutions not to enforce the president’s mandate.  What that means?  Not sure.  

Yes bc state governors typically trump the President 

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

I would point out the hypocrisy involved but I was just stopping by to see if anything happened over the weekend

No nothing exciting happened 😉

Guest MustardSeed
13 minutes ago, nurbis said:

This one is such a big deal because it is obvious this vaccine has gone through far less testing than vaccines normally do. Look at the sentence below from Johns Hopkins website. Not everybody is comfortable with taking it. And just because this current administration or even the last one is telling us it is safe doesn't make it so. 

"A typical vaccine development timeline takes 5 to 10 years, and sometimes longer, to assess whether the vaccine is safe and efficacious in clinical trials, complete the regulatory approval processes, and manufacture sufficient quantity of vaccine doses for widespread distribution."

You left out that all of those “mandatory” vaccines he’s talking about prevent the spread so they literally stop those diseases in their tracks and most if not all last a lifetime. This one doesn’t stop the spread at all and becomes less affective every month that goes by. Huge difference. Plus everything you said. 
I could add info on the things I’ve researched on this vaccine for hours and I can almost guarantee you most of the people on this board have never heard any of it because most just want to believe the narrative is true and the vaccine will save everyone so they don’t look for the alternate evidence…and I can’t blame them for desiring that. But it’s not truth.   Truth requires all facts to be present. Most in this country only get about 10% if they’re lucky and then claim everyone else is wrong even though they’ve never seen 90% of the facts available. We need more people to be diligent and seek and speak truth at all costs, and then have the decency to actually discuss the other sides opinions without attacking. It’s something I need to work on myself. 

54 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Because it is not proven to be effective in eradicating the virus or even slowing the spread.  

Jesus. Get off Facebook 

• Like 1

So we all finally all agree that the government shouldn’t have any control over anyones body. Glad to see people starting to come around on this. 😏

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThereGoesDavis said:

What I do know is that those who got the vaccine have been extremely vocal about it. I’d find it unusual that he’s he’s giving these answers if he’s vaccinated, but who knows. 

There is the possibility that he feels strongly about having a choice. So strongly that he’d be willing to look elsewhere for a job. Look at WSU. This could be a reality we are facing.

My expert opinion as a seasoned Auburn fan is this:  We win out, gain tons of optimism for our new HC, then December rolls around and he’s fired. 

He's probably vaccinated but has antivax lunatics in his family that he doesn't want to hear from. 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I guess Washington State is not "any institution" or do you mean solely in Alabama?  What's more, countless ppl are being fired for nit getting a vaccine 

Edited by W.E.D

2 hours ago, BizTiger said:

He's probably vaccinated but has antivax lunatics in his family that he doesn't want to hear from. 

“Brian we can’t have you over for Thanksgiving anymore. You’ve turned into a libtard sheep down there at Auburn”.

image.gif.7776c2e3c9674fbc4d9c7c72d664e429.gif

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Haha 3

Guest MustardSeed
7 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Bc there is nearly zero chance he has a true religious exception. He went to Boise in the late 90s and I'm like 95% sure BSU, like literally every other universe, had various mandatory vaccine requirements...which he compiled with.

He's currently at a university that had mandatory vaccine requirements for our students and athletes.

I highly doubt he had a legitimate reason as either a Christian or possibly scientologist

It's nit an attack in n religion 

Pfizer has been proven to have used aborted fetal tissue in their development of the vaccine and that isn’t the case with any other vaccines. Not even a debate to be had here. 

11 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Same thing I'm thinking. That's why I wish he would just come out and say he was vaccinated so the other coaches can't say to a kid and his parents who are on the fence about Auburn weather Harsin actually cares about him or not. 

Yeah. Anything and everything used in recruiting. And it might be completely opposite arguments to different people. 

Anyone that things other wise is oblivious. Harsin is causing a distraction. There is one clear and obvious why to resolve it, but let's make it as dramatic as possible 

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1