Harsin declines to address vaccination status

aubiefifty

1 minute ago, e808 said:

In Hawaii u have to show proof of vaccination to dine and do certain things and I am sure in the states u have to show proof to do things. Again what’s the big deal. 

I personally see a lot of issues with that, but mainly it is how those businesses are affected 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, e808 said:

I don’t understand why it’s so hard to give an answer and move on.

He did give an answer.  He politely said “the personal medical decisions of my staff and my team are none of your d$&@ business.”
Some People just don’t want to move on…

• Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Dislike 1

12 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Yeah! He could quit his job, I guess.

??

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ThereGoesDavis said:

I personally see a lot of issues with that, but mainly it is how those businesses are affected 

U can have an issue but it is what it is. I just see it as do I have the shot yes or no. Not like u being asked do u have a heart condition or cancer.

1 minute ago, e808 said:

U can have an issue but it is what it is. I just see it as do I have the shot yes or no. Not like u being asked do u have a heart condition or cancer.

Will Smith in "Enemy of the State" said it best...

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

The privacy of personal medical history and records is supposed to be sacred. It's why HIPPA exists. 

It's disturbing how many authoritarian policies and philosophies are being accepted into the mainstream. People in this country don't know history, and have never had their freedoms revoked. Therefore, they don't have an appreciation for them. 

They have, and they just don't think about it. If someone sends an email on Gmail and it processes through a server in a foreign country, the government can collect on it under the provisions of the Patriot Act. This is another guise that will just surrender more of our privacy in the name of safety. "Privacy", btw, is something that the UN deemed an essential human right back in 1948. If you wouldn't be cool with someone on this board scrolling through the texts and pictures on your phone, then don't act like privacy and individual rights aren't something that's important to you.

29 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

The privacy of personal medical history and records is supposed to be sacred. It's why HIPPA exists. 

It's disturbing how many authoritarian policies and philosophies are being accepted into the mainstream. People in this country don't know history, and have never had their freedoms revoked. Therefore, they don't have an appreciation for them. 

Tell us what HIPPA is and describe it in detail and how it matters in this case. You can also do the same with HIPAA.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Conversely, why is it so imperative to know?

The head coaches at Auburn and Alabama are huge public figures. That status leads to people wanting to know where they stand on one of the most debated topics in a while as it relates to public health. Does he owe a responsibility to his team? His comunity? His coworkers? Should his privacy be respected? As long as Auburn knows does it matter if we know? All valid points. Now is it imperative to know, probably not. But his popularity kinda makes people want to know his status moreso than others. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, caleb1633 said:

They have, and they just don't think about it. If someone sends an email on Gmail and it processes through a server in a foreign country, the government can collect on it under the provisions of the Patriot Act. This is another guise that will just surrender more of our privacy in the name of safety. "Privacy", btw, is something that the UN deemed an essential human right back in 1948. If you wouldn't be cool with someone on this board scrolling through the texts and pictures on your phone, then don't act like privacy and individual rights aren't something that's important to you.

You do know that if u are on social media or made some type of purchase online that ur privacy has been compromised with all the data collecting and sharing.  

Edited by e808

I can't believe this is the topic on the week of a huge matchup with a top ten team coming to town. All of this is getting old. The first vax thread was understandable since it was the offseason and things were slow. Remember how people said Harsin could lose the team over that? Well, seems to me that the team has been pretty behind him from what I've seen on the field. Save the criticism for on the field issues. I was cool with some of the criticism he got for Penn State. The Corn criticism was in-bounds, even if I found it odd that people were so upset when Kiesau was way more qualified.

IF he is not vaxxed, I'm sure they will find a way to quietly handle this. Probably much easier to get exemptions here than in Wazzu. Who knows, but I know one thing for sure, which is that I am absolutely thrilled with what Harsin is doing with this program so far. I hope he keeps up the good work with the support of his superiors and makes a big statement on Saturday night 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, mb711 said:

Tell us what HIPPA is and describe it in detail and how it matters in this case. You can also do the same with HIPAA.

Lol. Pointing out typos isn't going to distract from your desire to control others' lives. Just let people be free. Now that we have a vaccine, passive societal responsibility is gone. You aren't hurting anyone but yourself if you don't get the shot.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, e808 said:

I dropped the link below regarding Hippa for those who think asking someone vaccination status is the same as a violation of medical  records/ privacy. 

https://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/for-professionals/privacy/guidance/hipaa-covid-19-vaccination-workplace/index.html

You can *ask* anything you want. Demanding private medical information is unethical and arguably illegal depending on the context.

• Love 1

45 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

You can *ask* anything you want. Demanding private medical information is unethical and arguably illegal depending on the context.

Again it’s seem there is a picking and choosing on if the disclosure of a shot is sacred vs other medical information. Shots can’t be that sacred u need to disclose that information to attend school and some jobs but I digress. Again it’s a simple no or yes . People privacy is infringed on everyday. Especially if u fly a lot.

• Dislike 1

5 hours ago, e808 said:

It’s obvious that you don’t believe in freedom, Go show your papers to eat and don’t worry about CBH’s business, as it’s none of yours! This was the US, but it seems to be turning into communist China. You are willing to give up your freedom, but some of us aren’t.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

The head coaches at Auburn and Alabama are huge public figures. That status leads to people wanting to know where they stand on one of the most debated topics in a while as it relates to public health. Does he owe a responsibility to his team? His comunity? His coworkers? Should his privacy be respected? As long as Auburn knows does it matter if we know? All valid points. Now is it imperative to know, probably not. But his popularity kinda makes people want to know his status moreso than others. 

You know his status by him telling people none of your F&@$”#% business!

I can’t understand why anyone has a problem with it.

Edited by AU-24

4 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Lol. Pointing out typos isn't going to distract from your desire to control others' lives. Just let people be free. Now that we have a vaccine, passive societal responsibility is gone. You aren't hurting anyone but yourself if you don't get the shot.

I can’t understand what it is about a 99.97% survival rate people don’t understand.

We are packing college football stadiums every weekend. We are tailgating before and after the game, without those ridiculous masks on. Some NFL and major-league baseball fans are doing the same thing. And guess what, it has not lead to a massive influx of Covid. And even when there is a influx of Covid, it has not lead to massive deaths.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

That status leads to people wanting to know where they stand on one of the most debated topics in a while as it relates to public health. Does he owe a responsibility to his team? His comunity? His coworkers?

This excerpt and quote from a current ESPN article outlines where he stands pretty well in my opinion. He’s not anti-vax, he’s pro vax choice, and pro data/pro education. Doesn’t owe anyone any more than that  

Harsin tested positive for COVID-19 in August and said at the time that he was not "anti-vaccine" and that any narrative along those lines was "misinformed."

"I fully support the choice for anyone to vaccinate and I also support getting reliable data-driven information into the hands of those who still have questions about the vaccine," Harsin said in August. "Anyone who has been in our facility knows that."

• Like 1

4 hours ago, e808 said:

Again it’s seem there is a picking and choosing on if the disclosure of a shot is sacred vs other medical information. Shots can’t be that sacred u need to disclose that information to attend school and some jobs but I digress. Again it’s a simple no or yes . People privacy is infringed on everyday. Especially if u fly a lot.

I have had to disclose my vaccination status for every job I've had, but I've never had to disclose it to a reporter. 

There's also been exemption options at each job, so if I showed up to work, I either had the vaccine or an exemption, but nobody knew for sure except my supervisor. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AUght2win said:

And yet kids have to show proof of immunizations to go to school. The military requires immunizations and flu shots, George Washington required Inoculations. Apparently you don't know history.  The only difference here is people chose to politicize Covid and put that over best medical practice. If your job requires a vaccination get the vaccination or look for a job that doesn't require it. There's your freedom. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, autiger88 said:

Bingo! Amazing how some posters are twisting this. It is very simple…the vaccine increases antibodies, which significantly REDUCES the possibility of contracting the virus. In the event of a breakthrough case, symptoms are not as severe.