Harsin declines to address vaccination status

aubiefifty

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I don’t know how they legally would even get away with that 

If needed, they'll give him an exemption. While that exemption may read "religious exemption," it should read "SEC Football Coach."

I'm fine with that BTW, that's just how I've seen religious exemptions work throughout my career, whether the person requesting the exemption has a true conviction or not. 

Sometimes it's just easier to have paperwork on file as a CYA than it is to cause a fuss. That is the stance AU will take if Harsin is not actually vaccinated. 

2 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

This. I’m just trying to understand what he is trying to gain, especially if he is already vaccinated. IMO it’s a non needed distraction.  

On the most base level, I get that he legitimately believes it’s a non issue (and esp if he doesn’t have it), and I definitely think he’s insulated from beat writers and media, so maybe he thinks that wall carries over to the rest of the program 

it does not, and it has taken unneeded energy out of other associated acts in answering the questions he puts off. In an ideal world, his process would be fine

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

I don’t know how they legally would even get away with that 

You know, I was thinking after. It should easily be a FOIA request. Now how quickly they get to it. IdK.

By not spewk to anyone I mainly mean reporters or anyone asking questions 

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

If he is a practicing Christian Scientist, there are a lot of evangelicals that are gonna have a field day with that, not to mention Saban and everybody else that goes into a recruit's home and has a conversation with mama.

Is Saban a Christian? Or even religious? 

6 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

This whole thing really is incredible. Here we are 5 days away from playing a Halloween home game at prime time against 1 of the top 3 teams in the SEC, firmly in control of our own destiny.

And what do we do to start the week? B*tch and moan at each other over our coach’s vaccination status and a Twitter rumor that has still yet to be confirmed or even addressed by the head coach. 

We Auburn fans really are the most miserable bunch of a**holes this side of the Mississippi. Fate has granted us as fans an opportunity to be excited and hopeful, and we piss it away in exchange for fear and pessimism.

War Eagle!

I mean, what we talk about here has no outcome on the game

2 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

From countless articles. Yes

You bunch of goobs still talking about this ???? 
you know how many good memes are out there ?? 

shot , no shot , who gives a s*** . BEAT THE REBELS 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

If needed, they'll give him an exemption. While that exemption may read "religious exemption," it should read "SEC Football Coach."

I'm fine with that BTW, that's just how I've seen religious exemptions work throughout my career, whether the person requesting the exemption has a true conviction or not. 

Sometimes it's just easier to have paperwork on file as a CYA than it is to cause a fuss. That is the stance AU will take if Harsin is not actually vaccinated. 

That’s much different than just ignoring it

18 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

This whole thing really is incredible. Here we are 5 days away from playing a Halloween home game at prime time against 1 of the top 3 teams in the SEC, firmly in control of our own destiny.

And what do we do to start the week? B*tch and moan at each other over our coach’s vaccination status and a Twitter rumor that has still yet to be confirmed or even addressed by the head coach. 

We Auburn fans really are the most miserable bunch of a**holes this side of the Mississippi. Fate has granted us as fans an opportunity to be excited and hopeful, and we piss it away in exchange for fear and pessimism.

War Eagle!

hallelujah-holy-shit.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

He could take a cue from Saban in Miami when he was asked if he was going to be leaving the Dolphins to coach at Alabama. Just say, "you want me to say I'm vaccinated, okay I'm vaccinated. There I said it." 

I kid, but this whole vaccination topic is exhausting. People either care or they don't care about getting vaccinated and I don't think anyone is changing their mind without actually getting COVID themselves and having a change of heart due to reality setting in. I want folks to get vaccinated because I personally believe it will save lives but I am not for a mandated vaccine. 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Not sure but if he is, my lip reading skills say that he takes a break for a few hours each Saturday during the game. 

• Haha 5

The only way this will become issue is if auburn fans turn on ourselves or listen to those douche bags on al.com that have been trying to get harsin fired for giving them a hat. 

• Like 4

What a circus. Truly exhausting.

I like Harsin, but anyone depending on the opinion of a college football coach to decide whether or not to get vaccinated is a moron.  Wish the media would just stop asking him about his status - he's just another layperson in this realm.  Talk to your doctor and ask for his or her opinion.

Makes as much sense as asking me what offensive scheme to use against Ole Miss.  I know a little bit about the basics, but I'm not a pro and there's a lot of depth and complexity that I don't really understand (despite my vast internet research on youtube highlights and this forum).  Ask Harsin and Bobo about that.  That's their job.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, WarDamnDoc said:

Wish the media would just stop asking him

They are Alabama fans covering Auburn. I am not kidding. One of them wrote a book about Alabama. 

Honestly even if he said he was vaccinated, they would find some other reason to bitch and complain. 

• Like 3

I think Harsin is just not going to give in to the reporters who keep asking him about the vaccines.. 

Thats about it, nothing to read in between the lines. He won’t be badgered into making a statement.

Only an arrogant psychopath would think they know better than anyone else what personal medical decisions someone should make.

12 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

I think Harsin is just not going to give in to the reporters who keep asking him about the vaccines.. 

Thats about it, nothing to read in between the lines. He won’t be badgered into making a statement.

Keep asking him about it? He hasn't been asked since the preseason. Based on the the University policy changes recently, it is a completely viable question.

8 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

Only an arrogant psychopath would think they know better than anyone else what personal medical decisions someone should make.

Yeah! He could quit his job, I guess.

I don’t understand why it’s so hard to give an answer and move on. It’s not like they asking to see your medical records. Something so simple. People disclose everyday to random people if they are vaccinated are not to do stuff. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, e808 said:

I don’t understand why it’s so hard to give an answer and move on. It’s not like they asking to see your medical records. Something so simple. People disclose everyday to random people if they are vaccinated are not to do stuff. 

Conversely, why is it so imperative to know?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Conversely, why is it so imperative to know?

In Hawaii u have to show proof of vaccination to dine, go to games and do certain things and I am sure in the states u have to show proof to do things. Again what’s the big deal. 

Edited by e808
  • Facepalm 1

13 minutes ago, mb711 said:

Keep asking him about it? He hasn't been asked since the preseason. Based on the the University policy changes recently, it is a completely viable question.

He’s been asked more than once.His answer hasn’t changed....They can ask him again..

Probably won’t change...

But he understood that the question was a legitimate one.