Harsin declines to address vaccination status

aubiefifty

3 minutes ago, AUFightingSoldiers said:

I say all of that to say that the current Covid vaccines do not meet the standard for immunization. The funny part of all this is I'm not anti-vaccine by any means. I've recommended that many people close to me get it. But statistically, at my age and my physical activity, and since I have had Covid, it would not make sense for me to get it. 

It would only increase your level of immunity.  We know that natural immunity wanes over time, just as any other.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I showed you that Christian scientist do.

Which aren't a "mainstream religion" that you specifically responded to my comment saying that.  Do you not remember 10 minutes ago?

That's not discrediting anything, that you being obtuse and talking out of our ass to something I never said.

Edited by W.E.D

If he is a practicing Christian Scientist, there are a lot of evangelicals that are gonna have a field day with that, not to mention Saban and everybody else that goes into a recruit's home and has a conversation with mama.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

Which aren't a "mainstream religion" that you specifically responded to my comment saying that.  Do you not remember 10 minutes ago?

That's not discrediting anything, that you being obtuse and talking out of our ass to something I never said.

Your thought that it isn't mainstream is your opinion. Obviously, the writer of the article discussing mainstream religions' response to covid vaccines thought otherwise. Strange.

Like I said, you'd be the expert

Just now, AU9377 said:

If he is a practicing Christian Scientist, there are a lot of evangelicals that are gonna have a field day with that, not to mention Saban and everybody else that goes into a recruit's home and has a conversation with mama.

I don't know if he is or not.  No one does. Just like no one KNOWS his vax status or his reasonings one way or the other.  All of this hand wringing is based off of the individuals own view on the vaccines.

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

No one said it ever was.  

Would you say there is near certainty that Harsin is apart of a mainstream religion?  Do you think he is a Christian Scientist and one of 100k in the US?  Are we living in reality or just make believe so we can fit an argument that suits us?

You just argued for several frames what was “mainstream”, but are now admitting that that has no impact on the religious exemption. I don’t think we are moving each other in this issue . Have a great night. See you on another topic.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Your thought that it isn't mainstream is your opinion.

and just as I said, this is going to delve into semantics of what "mainstream" is.   A mere fraction of the world and US practice this, but it proves your point so your spout it.

You might have a point and be able to get on your little high horse if I said "no religions", but you don't so you'll continue to spout some s*** I never argued thinking you won.

Sad for you.

6 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Like I said, this distinction is immaterial.  People are required to get an MMR vaccine booster.  Is that fact lost on the conversation.  Most vaccines do not result in total immunity for life, yet they are mandated nonetheless.

And it meets the standard for immunization. Just because a booster is required when you're 6 and never required again doesnt mean it's not an immunization. Again, none of the Covid vaccines or proposed boosters have come close to an immunization. I'm not against people getting them. In fact, I think it's a good idea for the elderly to receive them because it increases their chance of survival, even if by slim margins. 

On top off all this, in the background of this entire discussion is the understanding one vaccine was studied and developed for close to 20 years whereas the Covid vaccines were quickly developed (doesnt mean they're bad) and have a short-to-nonexistent testing window. 

2 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Point is.... this is a distraction of his own making.  It is unfortunate.

It's only distracting to the fans

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Obviously, the writer of the article discussing mainstream religions' response to covid vaccines thought otherwise. Strange.

It's hilarious how you just made this up yourself to I guess feel good even though it doesn't live anywhere in the realm of reality.

• Facepalm 1

7 minutes ago, AUlurker said:

This thread is such a dumpster fire.

I agree.  It would be nice if posters weren't falsifying attacks and claiming people don't "accept" or believe the hypothetical religion Harsin is apart of or it is "deserving" enough.

But when it's mods doing those attackes, this is what we get to

Edited by W.E.D

11 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

It would only increase your level of immunity.  We know that natural immunity wanes over time, just as any other.

I'm sure it does wane over time. No denying that. A timeframe would be nice, but I'm 10 months out from when I had Covid and my antibody count hasnt dropped. The estimated timeframe from Healthline is 3 months to 5 years whereas studies have found the Pfizer vaccine to be around 77% effective within 5 months. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

It's hilarious how you just made this up yourself to I guess feel good even though it doesn't live anywhere in the realm of reality.

Seriously? What's made up? It's literally right here for everyone to see.

I'll post it again.  What's made up?

https://www.wreg.com/news/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine-exemptions-where-do-different-religions-stand-on-vaccinations/

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Seriously? What's made up? It's literally right here for everyone to see.

I'll post it again.  What's made up?

https://www.wreg.com/news/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine-exemptions-where-do-different-religions-stand-on-vaccinations/

Dude, can you read?  It's literally in the headline.....where-do-different-religions-stand-on-vaccinations/

Does that say mainstream?  What's more, you have to pick the last 5 they talk about.  LOL.  That's their importance.  And there aren't even comments from spiritual leaders like the true mainstream religions said.....just what a Vandy survey found.

I'm sorry you're making up works and adding them to an article that doesn't exist

Edited by W.E.D

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I agree.  It would be nice if posters weren't falsifying attacks and claiming people don't "accept" or believe the hypothetical religion Harsin is apart of or it is "deserving" enough.

But when it's mods doing those attackes, this is what we get to

bull****! 

What makes you the expert on his religion? You don't know anything about it or his convictions.

You just want us to accept your self righteousness condemnation of CBH based off of your views. However, you don't know s***.  Is CBH vaccinated? You don't know. Does he hold religious beliefs against the vaccine? You don't know. You keep trying to pass it off as fact, but it's not, its what you think. That's it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

He won't be fired over a vaccine. Period.  Some really need to stop worrying about his status. 

I’m not disagreeing with u BB, but what makes his situation different from the Wash St coach basically fired for not meeting the state deadline?

Edited by steeleagle