Oscar Chapman

BJCrawford

My son and I discussed this a few weeks ago -- what is more impressive (1) throwing a football 55-60 yards or (2) punting a ball 60-65 yards.   We both decided 2.  During pregame, OM had three quarterbacks standing in the north end zone stretching their arms and each was throwing the ball to the 50.  They had 2 punters and neither could consistently punt it 50 yards.   I think punting a football that distance is one of the toughest things to do in sports.   It is akin to hitting a hickory shafted driver 225 which I am informed Golf could routinely do back in his prime playing days.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

thanks for posting. you are right punters get little love but a ton of grief if they mess up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LPTiger said:

My son and I discussed this a few weeks ago -- what is more impressive (1) throwing a football 55-60 yards or (2) punting a ball 60-65 yards.   We both decided 2.  During pregame, OM had three quarterbacks standing in the north end zone stretching their arms and each was throwing the ball to the 50.  They had 2 punters and neither could consistently punt it 50 yards.   I think punting a football that distance is one of the toughest things to do in sports.   It is akin to hitting a hickory shafted driver 225 which I am informed Golf could routinely do back in his prime playing days.

we need to sneak in some helium to fill those balls up like we did under dye......lol. you remember that episode of a rival coach accusing us of cheating like that with punting? i still laugh.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

we need to sneak in some helium to fill those balls up like we did under dye......lol. you remember that episode of a rival coach accusing us of cheating like that with punting? i still laugh.

Ol Jackie.
He never took any BS but he did take their balls

• Haha 1