Olineman in the Portal

twilli13

HS o line 2022 commits/signees in the SEC West+ UGA

OM-7

UGA-5

TAMU/MsSt/LSU/Arky-4 each

Bama-3

AU-1

And this is after we signed 2 last year. Most of the schools listed above signed 3-5. CBH better get his giddy up on real quick. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

HS o line 2022 commits/signees in the SEC West+ UGA

OM-7

UGA-5

TAMU/MsSt/LSU/Arky-4 each

Bama-3

AU-1

And this is after we signed 2 last year. Most of the schools listed above signed 3-5. CBH better get his giddy up on real quick. 

This has me worried more about the '23 season more than '22.  We'll be in seriously deep doo doo after losing 7 Sr's off the OL.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SRBautigerfan said:

This has me worried more about the '23 season more than '22.  We'll be in seriously deep doo doo after losing 7 Sr's off the OL.

At some point it feels like you have to yank the band aid off and take your lumps to build the line from scratch.  Maybe BH would've done that if his staff had any success getting a few HS linemen + some top portal guys.  But it appears that's not something Auburn can do this year, so here we are with veteran guys returning and they'll end up snatching that band aid off after the '22 season.  🤢

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

At some point it feels like you have to yank the band aid off and take your lumps to build the line from scratch.  Maybe BH would've done that if his staff had any success getting a few HS linemen + some top portal guys.  But it appears that's not something Auburn can do this year, so here we are with veteran guys returning and they'll end up snatching that band aid off after the '22 season.  🤢

Talk about a band aid that's gonna bleed when removed. I hoPe our situation looks much better than we're expecting it to when the time comes. 

2 minutes ago, Mcbowen327 said:

Talk about a band aid that's gonna bleed when removed. I hoPe our situation looks much better than we're expecting it to when the time comes. 

Well, this crew won't last if they don't seriously step up their oline recruiting next year.  Next year is where the rubber meets the road so to speak, get it done or get coaches that will. 

48 minutes ago, Paladin said:

Can't wait for everyone to say he is just as good or better than the guys we missed on

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

We can't even do that tho

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

They're not very good at run blocking but they're adequate in pass pro.

It's just become acceptable and easy to blame all our problems on them. It's way overblown. They were plenty good to whip Houston's ass in the bowl game. We lost that game for other reasons. And we would've won some other games this season, too, with adequate play from other position groups. 

Don't ask me, though. Ask this LSU blog what they thought going into the 2021 season:

Does  QB hurries factor into this or sacks only. Not being negative. But I fully expect more sacks next year as we're swapping from a mobile to PP QB

18 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Can't wait for everyone to say he is just as good or better than the guys we missed on

Anchor Down Baby!!

22 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Yeah that’s if we get him. But if we don’t then everyone will say we didn’t really want him lol

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Mcbowen327 said:

Does  QB hurries factor into this or sacks only. Not being negative. But I fully expect more sacks next year as we're swapping from a mobile to PP QB

I don't know. Bo definitely escaped a lot of pressure but he also created his own problems a lot of the time. And sometimes it was receivers not getting open. A lot of things can improve even with a less mobile QB, especially if he can stretch the field. Which wouldn't be hard to do better than Bo.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I don't know. Bo definitely escaped a lot of pressure but he also created his own problems a lot of the time. And sometimes it was receivers not getting open. A lot of things can improve even with a less mobile QB, especially if he can stretch the field. Which wouldn't be hard to do better than Bo.

Read 1 not open bail right

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I'm loving your optimism!

If there's something that's not pessimism but not quite optimism, either, that's probably where I am. 

I think a bit of hysteria has swept the fan base. *shrug*

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, MaitlandTiger said:

Unless other offensive lineman enter the portal, are we looking at the Cornell transfer and who else? Since it appears we didn’t get our other targets?

Kid from Vandy and there is also a kid from some Texas school

Feel like we need to shift our focus and find guys with 3 years left. A lot of post spring transfer types so they can be here for a full season+spring, then compete in 23 when 8 Srs leave

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Feel like we need to shift our focus and find guys with 3 years left. A lot of post spring transfer types so they can be here for a full season+spring, then compete in 23 when 8 Srs leave

exactly what I was thinking. Probably not likely to find a plug and play guy better than what we have on roster at this point in the cycle, but those types will/should be aplenty come post spring.

Guys that don't like where they are on the depth chart at other schools as well as some guys that don't like the new staff thus far. We could luck up and find a gem post spring we have done it before, just odds no where near as high.

I do think that if we can get through this year with the returning starters we have, and hopefully 1 or 2 of them get much better to possibly get a late round draft pick would be huge for us going into 2023. Sign 2-3 stud OL in 23 class along with 2-3 solid developmental project types, then hit the portal hard in 23.

We should have a better chance of landing legit starters in that portal class, at least according to most people here. They say our returning starters scared portal OL away.

• Like 1

Didn't we recruit this kid in HS for a while? I remember the name and I am assuming from the recruiting thread. From Pinson Valley. He was a  class of 21 3 star, but right now we need bodies.

Screenshot 2022-01-17 6.41.57 PM.png

• Like 1