Kobe gone

PigskinPat

the-water-boy-suck.gif

I'm not going to speculate as it really doesn't matter. The jist of that is it is none of our business. I will however play hypotheticals without names as they can get in the way of the bigger picture. 

Now let us say that an authority figure has a rule. The rules of said authority figure are communicated upfront. Eveyone knows the rules. Now along comes a subordinate while fully knowing the rule, proceeds to break it, be it by immaturity or stupidity. That can put the authority figure in a bad place. Does the authority figure discipline said subordinate and risk the adverse effects on morale? Or does the Authority figure not discipline the subordinate and risk other subordinates feeling the autonomy to do whatever they wish? This is because the other subordinates know the exact details of the offending one. All parties know this and the choice to discipline or not sends a clear message to the others. How an authority figure handles these situations defines their leadership style. 

Now I attached the gif coming from a tongue in cheek point of view. Kobe has talent but sometimes it is better for both sides to find their own way away from one another. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

I’ve read this like ten times and don’t know what you’re saying lol. But I’ll take a stab—I’m an introvert, yes.

If you don’t get it , it was a poor try at a joke. No biggie, just a try at humor.

10 hours ago, HabitualChiller said:

I really hope that we hit on recruiting this year. With us having to play Bama, UGA and LSU every year with the two former being the best two programs in the nation, and the latter being practically guaranteed to get at least close to that level, we could be looking at some ugly years in the very near future. 

That's not even mentioning potentially having to play one of either Texas or Oklahoma on a yearly basis. Imagine the recruiting classes that they'd be able to bring in via NIL deals with their alumni and booster support AND the draw of playing in the best conference...

We need to be paying very careful attention to the realignment. 

10 hours ago, bigbird said:

Why would you be pissed at Harsin

He's looking for another reason to rip on CBH

• Thanks 4

Some kids are really never taught how to deal with loss or rejection and usually a more primal emotion, like anger, emerges. It's sad that he decided to figuratively slash everyone's tires on the way out the door because of a fragile ego. I respect that character and discipline are important in the locker room. I wish him luck. 

Some of y’all run with anything lol. He is from the north , I am from the south ? What does that even mean? They are other players from the south that the coach seems to understand. Why is he the outlier? It is just a learning lesson. Doesn’t make him a bad apple or bad person. Learn and grow from it. It seems he is taking steps as he has now deleted his IG post regarding whatever has went amiss. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

He is from the north , I am from the south ? What does that even mean?

Clearly a game of Thrones reference.  He doesn't like Ned Stark.  It also just got cold for the first time...winter is here

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Clearly a game of Thrones reference.  He doesn't like Ned Stark.  It also just got cold for the first time...winter is here

This explains it! Harsin must of told him winter is coming 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LPTiger said:

808, you would not hire a really talented tech guy as your CFO or a really talented financial guy to head cybersecurity.  For wide outs, sign kids who can run routes and catch the ball vs kids that are athletic and play QB.  

Many many high schools place their most talented player at QB...doesn't mean that's their most natural position or where they will end up at in the NFL.  Position changes happen at every college at every level.  You can't place kids in a forever box before they've had a chance to grow into any role.  So while you think bama is always getting a 5 star WR who is an expert in that position and has had a lifetime of upper level coaching; the more likely scenario around CFB is they're getting a talented athlete who has had some so-so high school coaching at that position for a couple of years. 

Edited by AUDevil
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

This explains it! Harsin must of told him winter is coming 

The North rules in the end.  Bo is our Rob Stark.  Married and Auburn woman, then murdered by his own Auburn family.  RIP.

Hopefully we don't have to go through too much more killing and sacrifice to have a good season or two

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, japantiger said:

The only thing that could have made this thread worse is Game of Thrones references....

shame-game-of-thrones.gif 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

There is no discernible value other than nosiness for fans to know specifically why someone gets dismissed from the team. I’ve had the unpleasant task of firing someone and I’ve never felt compelled to share why with anyone outside of our immediate organization and HR. 

In the Army, I had a friend who was a company commander. He had a board with various levels of rank pinned into it. As part of onboarding new soldiers, he would show the board to them and ask if they knew what it was. They would always answer the same: “That is rank you’ve taken from soldiers for breaking the rules.” His answer was always the same: “No. That is rank soldiers have chosen to give back to me for not adhering to the standards of our unit.” To this day that sticks with me as the right mindset. The coach didn't kick you off. You chose not to be here.

KH is very talented and I hope he finds success wherever he lands. 

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

100%

On day 1 every year, I told my guys, both in  my classes and in the fieldhouse, choices have consequences, good ones get rewarded and bad ones get punished. I don't care which they choose, it's completely up to them 

Yup. I sometimes ask my children if they want to have a good day or a bad day, and tell them that the choice is theirs. And it's true, if I've properly communicated my expectations and have been consistent in implementing them. Sometimes I'm not and I have to apologize to a got danged 3 year old. Embarrassing. 

I don't care why Kobe Hudson is gone. I only care about replacing that production next year. I feel like Landen King might have just become one of the most important players in our offense in 2022. 

Edited by McLoofus
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, 1auburn1 said:

The Portal is dark and full of Terrors!!

The portal giveth, and the portal taketh away.

At the end of the day, I'm pretty sure the portal will have givethed Harsin more than it tookethed away.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

The North rules in the end.  Bo is our Rob Stark.  Married and Auburn woman, then murdered by his own Auburn family.  RIP.

Hopefully we don't have to go through too much more killing and sacrifice to have a good season or two

I think in the end we all lost because Season 8 was so terrible. 

Just a quick question here but who else besides Kobe himself (on social media) says he was actually kicked off the team? maybe he was given the" its our way or the highway" and he choose  the highway.  And choosing the highway is not being kicked off the team.  

Fire away.

2 minutes ago, Hay Field 101 said:

Just a quick question here but who else besides Kobe himself (on social media) says he was actually kicked off the team? maybe he was given the" its our way or the highway" and he choose  the highway.  And choosing the highway is not being kicked off the team.  

Fire away.

No need to fire away. That’s the point. Nobody truly knows. I am a firm believer in three sides to every story 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1