Kobe gone

PigskinPat

2 hours ago, fredst said:

Lol, I never knew this was a thing. I have an employee that freaks out every time someone uses that word….

I knew someone that hates it too. Crazy thing is, the more I say it and read it on here, the more it gives me the heeby-jeebies. I don’t want to be one of those people lol. MOIST MOIST MOIST!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

What does she say? Has she learned to say y’all?

Oh, she LOVES y'all. But she still tries to correct the way I pronounce certain things. I don't have a southern accent when it comes to my vowels but I do pronounce (or do not pronounce, in some cases) some consonants in a southern (or non-northern) way, I guess. And, while I can't think of any examples at the moment, I'm fond of many southern colloquialisms that she'll sometimes make fun of. Most of it's in good fun. 

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

Spitting tobacco juice on the ground or spitting it into an old Mountain Dew bottle and carrying it around? 

gallery_1_6_4517600.gif

Both!

1 hour ago, Mike4AU said:

Both!

Ever taken a big gulp out of a beer can someone has been ashing and leaving cigarette butts in all night? Do not recommend. 

• Haha 1
  • Angry 1

On 1/3/2022 at 10:37 PM, Hank2020 said:

If we have learned anything by now of how Harsin operates, it’s that’s he will not address these type of things in the media.

He's smart enough to know that no good can possibly come by extending the story, which is exactly what would happen if he said anything at all. 

He won't be answering questions on it either.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

It was only in the last decade or so that I heard it was a thing, especially females. Panties is another one, ironically enough. 

My wife despises the word moist, as do several other women I know. 

No jokes needed here, ya'lls guys. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cbo said:

Ever taken a big gulp out of a beer can someone has been ashing and leaving cigarette butts in all night? Do not recommend. 

Almost one time.  Totally gross. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cbo said:

Did people do other things at college?? 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

Not really. It’s just a word that bothers me. Kinda like the word “moist” bothers some people. It’s really not a big deal, just every once and a while it hits different and annoys me. I think my girlfriend says it though, but I never noticed cause everything that comes out of her mouth is beautiful lol. What is annoying is how attached and defensive y’all are over a word (and I don’t mean you in particular, just everyone else). You guys act like I insulted your mother or something

I have never heard of the "moist" thing. 

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

It was only in the last decade or so that I heard it was a thing, especially females. Panties is another one, ironically enough. 

The ones that get me are tampon, condom and poot. I hate to hear any of the 3. I don't know if it is just the sound of the word or what. Hate it.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Oh, she LOVES y'all. But she still tries to correct the way I pronounce certain things. I don't have a southern accent when it comes to my vowels but I do pronounce (or do not pronounce, in some cases) some consonants in a southern (or non-northern) way, I guess. And, while I can't think of any examples at the moment, I'm fond of many southern colloquialisms that she'll sometimes make fun of. Most of it's in good fun. 

See I have a Northern-Southern accent. I was raised by a yankee but in the South. Apparently when that happens people have no idea where you’re from

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cbo said:

Once was enough for me. Can still taste it. 

Gawd, the worst. All the empties scattered on the various hand-me-down end tables and shelves...  so gross... Is this one full of butts? Is it a spit bottle? How many am I willing to sort through to find my beer, or *any* beer? Am I going to gag  anyway? Yes, yes I am definitely going to gag anyway. 

2 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I have never heard of the "moist" thing. 

The ones that get me are tampon, condom and poot. I hate to hear any of the 3. I don't know if it is just the sound of the word or what. Hate it.

It’s definitely a thing. I can see poot at least

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

See I have a Northern-Southern accent. I was raised by a yankee but in the South. Apparently when that happens people have no idea where you’re from

Somewhat similar for me. Mom's reverted back to her roots on some words as she's gotten older but Dad has no accent at all. 

I've had one New Yorker correctly identify me as being from Alabama but people are usually surprised that I'm from the south at all. 

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Somewhat similar for me. Mom's reverted back to her roots on some words as she's gotten older but Dad has no accent at all. 

I've had one New Yorker correctly identify me as being from Alabama but people are usually surprised that I'm from the south at all. 

People in the South think I have no accent. People in California act like I'm Foghorn Leghorn. 

• Haha 3

On 1/4/2022 at 2:58 PM, AUght2win said:

The premise is inaccurate. Your entire mission on all these threads is "how dare you question a coach?!". Nobody is above reproach or question. 

:thumbsup:

For my part, I am still questioning why we didn't go for 2 after our first TD in the OT against Bama?

(But I acknowledge I'll never know the answer.)

I have never understood the issues with words, though I have known women who had issues with certain words

5 minutes ago, cbo said:

People in the South think I have no accent. People in California act like I'm Foghorn Leghorn. 

Same, grew up in a small town, people from that town ask me where I am from, and why I talk so "proper"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Didba said:

Same, grew up in a small town, people from that town ask me where I am from, and why I talk so "proper"

Hoo boy, when they're slinging "proper" at you trying to cause injury... it makes you feel good about talking proper. 

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Hoo boy, when they're slinging "proper" at you trying to cause injury... it makes you feel good about talking proper. 

I normally just apologize for being educated.

• Haha 2