Christian Robinson expected to be hired

Tony4AU

15 hours ago, Old fan 47 said:

Not good. Seems we are relegated to picking bottom of the available coaches and in the end will end up with a MWC coaching staff. I just don’t see this working in this conference. We need good coaches that are also SEC recruiters. I hope I eat my words, but I am not seeing it right now. 

Maybe new UF coach wants to bring in his own crawfish boys…

13 hours ago, jknighton said:

If true that Mason was pushed on Harsin, then forced Schmedding and Watts on Mason, then I believe it's for the best for both parties to part ways. If Harsin does so happen to go down in flames, then he should go down with his own choices, not by choices forced on him.

I'm in the minority of not being overly impressed with Mason, but I do appreciate the work he put in on the recruiting trail and field. We'll definitely get to see whether or not this move makes us a better team or not.

Make the rounds reading boards, lotta folks weren’t impressed with Mason …. until he was leaving.  SMH.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Allen_D said:

Make the rounds reading boards, lotta folks weren’t impressed with Mason …. until he was leaving.  SMH.  

I don't know that it is so much Mason leaving that has people upset. I think its more that we have now fired (or forced out whatever) both coordinators in year 1 of a new coaching staff. Its not a good look to lose coordinators after 1 season unless they are leaving to be a HC somewhere. Maybe things work better when Harsin has his guys in place but right now AU football looks like a mess. The defense atleast ended the season well and was pulling in good recruits and transfers. With Mason leaving that little bit of good vibes is now gone and we are pretty much starting over. Not many new coaching get to survive a mulligan year. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

This is my only problem with how this situation is playing out. I don’t really care about known names and **** like that. I want coaches that can coach and recruit no matter who they are or where the came from. I just wish they had been hired at the beginning instead of dealing with the turmoil with staff turnover that we are dealing with now. We are already bleeding players. We need stablility and I rather these guys not have to learn a brand new system. 

Not just Auburn having players move - it’s everywhere, even bammer and uga following the championship game (gasp).

NIL, the portal, FOMO, our instant society, people in player’s ears, etc - cfb is a different world than most of us preferred…or are used to.  Genie won’t go back in the bottle (my try and create some lanes to stay within), but better get used to players moving.

“By the numbers: More than 3,000 football players across all NCAA divisions have entered the transfer portal since Aug. 1. That includes over 1,400 FBS players — an average of 11 per team.”

https://www.axios.com/ncaa-transfer-college-football-free-agency-0e5c61d0-5cc9-4dd5-8d5a-65f0ef8940a0.html

1 minute ago, Allen_D said:

Had a longish reply ready to send, edited:

Life’s too short to be too uptight over a bunch of 18-21 year olds.

I’m for whoever is currently Coaching at Auburn, and will believe they have Auburn’s (and consequently their own) best interest at stake.   

Folks posting on boards don’t know anything - they’re not in the building - and we tend to churn each other up.  Which takes me back to my first point.

Not really caring about AU football is perfectly acceptable. You'll find most people on Auburn message boards are a bit more invested than you are. Love the positive attitude btw. 👍

21 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Not really caring about AU football is perfectly acceptable. You'll find most people on Auburn message boards are a bit more invested than you are. Love the positive attitude btw. 👍

Absolutely care about Auburn Football.  Just have realized I have no control over it or the 18-21 year olds making the plays (no matter what winning juju tshirt I put on or where I sit or what I drink during a game (although I have noticed some IPAs and bourbons execute better play calling than others)).  ….Think of it as application of the Serenity Prayer to Auburn Football.

Edited by Allen_D
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Allen_D said:

People views changed towards the end of the season with notable improvements on defense and with recruiting

Edited by shabby
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, shabby said:

People views changed towards the end of the season with notable improvements on defense and with recruiting

Really?  Not according to what some posted during those 5 losses…

Some, if not, most of you guys should be happy Mason is gone. I know a few agenda driven posters will use it to shape their narrative. However will say, I am not upset with CBH for finally getting his guys nor will I quit on him. I am upset that it seems like it took a year for this to occur. I am starting to feel like behind the scenes their was AGAIN tension and a power struggle. Again, this is why Auburn will be Auburn.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 7

So, what does Coach Robinson bring to the table?

Is he all that at coaching LBers? How did UF's LB's do under him?

AUsome recruiter?

3 hours ago, Allen_D said:

I'm fully convinced that at least 1/3 of Auburn folks would be eternally miserable regardless of the FB teams success or failure.  This board has a way of revealing a lot at times like these.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SRBautigerfan said:

I'm fully convinced that at least 1/3 of Auburn folks would be eternally miserable regardless of the FB teams success or failure.  This board has a way of revealing a lot at times like these.

Yep.

B7B01EF2-65DF-4D6D-A3A7-1729144ADC5F.gif

• Love 3
  • Haha 2

Just now, Tiger Refuge said:

Yep.

B7B01EF2-65DF-4D6D-A3A7-1729144ADC5F.gif

Side note:  "IF" Harsin fails and ends up being gone in one or two years as some are predicting, the pendulum is going to swing all the way back to the 'good ole boys' taking back control and hiring "their guy".  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, selias said:

Looking through your post history, I'm failing to find any sort of "give Harsin a pass".

It’s more based on what I refrained from saying then what I actually said. Trust me - there is plenty that I wanted to say after the Miss St & South Carolina games.

5 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

This is a great approach being we have zero impact on who he gets. Coaches are just like recruits though. Each decides where they will go. I’m betting Harsin is doing the most he can to be successful. He always has.

It was much easier at Boise State. That is really where my biggest concerns are.....he has no foundation in the SEC and doesn't seem to grasp what it takes to make it work here. Neither do any of those Boise State coaches. We are back into another "coaches in training" situation.  This is a cut-throat conference with a much different culture, and Harsin will either change his understanding of what it takes to succeed in the SEC or he will fail. The SEC isn't going to adapt to the Boise State ideology.  In his former conference there were no organizations like the REC, but they will be a big obstacle for Harsin. I just don't think he gets it yet. 

Edited by Tigerbelle
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 2

46 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

It was much easier at Boise State. That is really where my biggest concerns are.....he has no foundation in the SEC and doesn't seem to grasp what it takes to make it work here. Neither do any of those Boise State coaches. We are back into another "coaches in training" situation.  This is a cut-throat conference with a much different culture, and Harsin will either change his understanding of what it takes to succeed in the SEC or he will fail. The SEC isn't going to adapt to the Boise State ideology.  In his former conference there were no organizations like the REC, but they will be a big obstacle for Harsin. I just don't think he gets it yet. 

If he doesn’t know what it takes to be successful here ( because he hasn’t been here before I assume) we have no idea about there either. I suspect the biggest change for him was NIL. 

6 hours ago, gravejd said:

I don't know that it is so much Mason leaving that has people upset. I think its more that we have now fired (or forced out whatever) both coordinators in year 1 of a new coaching staff. Its not a good look to lose coordinators after 1 season unless they are leaving to be a HC somewhere. Maybe things work better when Harsin has his guys in place but right now AU football looks like a mess. The defense atleast ended the season well and was pulling in good recruits and transfers. With Mason leaving that little bit of good vibes is now gone and we are pretty much starting over. Not many new coaching get to survive a mulligan year. 

Not to mention firing the WR coach a few games into the season. 

13 minutes ago, WarEagleT said:

Sure a more interesting mix of experience than what Gustavo put together most of his years at Auburn.

They have already accomplished one thing that Gus never accomplished: They have had a losing season at Auburn.

• Sad 1
  • Dislike 2

38 minutes ago, WarEagleT said:

Have enjoyed following this site for a long time but had to sign up to respond to the above. “Was much easier at Boise State” “ No foundation in the SEC”, “Boise State Ideology”etc...Women and many male fans on this site have never been hit in the mouth on a football field at any level. Just stop. 
Any D1 game in any conference is hard physical and mental work at a very high level, with pain involved. Players give and receive blows that feels the same no matter how many recruiting stars they came in with. Ask any of the Power 5 schools that have been beaten by Boise through the years if Boise knows what it takes to compete, either on scheme or physicality. Boise is 6-3 all time vs top 10 teams. Auburn plays more highly ranked teams because of the conference they’re in- but, look it up- has a losing record all time vs top 10 teams. 

Go watch the last five minutes of regulation + overtime of ‘O7 Fiesta bowl on YouTube- Boise/Oklahoma- and then look up who the Boise offensive coordinator was. That was 15 years ago that Harsin was coaching that game and winning at the highest college level. Saban and Meyer didn’t’ start out their college coaching in the SEC. Pete Carroll, Chris Peterson, Gary Patterson, Bob Stoops (loser to Harsin/Boise in that bowl game) and others considered some of the best modern era coaches in the college game, did not have “SEC ideology”. 

It will be fun to watch what the combination of “ Boise Boys” some of you are so derisive about, mixed with former Auburn players/now coaches, and a couple NFL coaches, can do evaluating/recruiting/developing talent, and devising game plans and making in-game adjustments at Auburn. Sure a more interesting mix of experience than what Gustavo put together most of his years at Auburn.

Well said. The SEC is the best conference in college football, but the amount of people on here that think the only coaches that can be successful are the ones that coached in the conference is crazy. Bobo and Friend have a ton of SEC experience. They arguably did the worst job on staff both football and recruiting wise. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, WarEagleT said:

Have enjoyed following this site for a long time but had to sign up to respond to the above. “Was much easier at Boise State” “ No foundation in the SEC”, “Boise State Ideology”etc...Women and many male fans on this site have never been hit in the mouth on a football field at any level. Just stop. 
Any D1 game in any conference is hard physical and mental work at a very high level, with pain involved. Players give and receive blows that feels the same no matter how many recruiting stars they came in with. Ask any of the Power 5 schools that have been beaten by Boise through the years if Boise knows what it takes to compete, either on scheme or physicality. Boise is 6-3 all time vs top 10 teams. Auburn plays more highly ranked teams because of the conference they’re in- but, look it up- has a losing record all time vs top 10 teams. 

Go watch the last five minutes of regulation + overtime of ‘O7 Fiesta bowl on YouTube- Boise/Oklahoma- and then look up who the Boise offensive coordinator was. That was 15 years ago that Harsin was coaching that game and winning at the highest college level. Saban and Meyer didn’t’ start out their college coaching in the SEC. Pete Carroll, Chris Peterson, Gary Patterson, Bob Stoops (loser to Harsin/Boise in that bowl game) and others considered some of the best modern era coaches in the college game, did not have “SEC ideology”. 

It will be fun to watch what the combination of “ Boise Boys” some of you are so derisive about, mixed with former Auburn players/now coaches, and a couple NFL coaches, can do evaluating/recruiting/developing talent, and devising game plans and making in-game adjustments at Auburn. Sure a more interesting mix of experience than what Gustavo put together most of his years at Auburn.

All. Of. This. 

I’m still trying to figure out exactly what a Boise State ideology is and the only thing I can come up with is a pretty consistent winning record. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, SRBautigerfan said:

Side note:  "IF" Harsin fails and ends up being gone in one or two years as some are predicting, the pendulum is going to swing all the way back to the 'good ole boys' taking back control and hiring "their guy".  

Harsin may flame out or he may turn it around. I'll predict if he's fired without getting 4 years to get his recruits and culture instilled, it'll be another 50 years before we win an NCAA football championship. But, that just may be what we deserve.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Harsin may flame out or he may turn it around. I'll predict if he's fired without getting 4 years to get his recruits and culture instilled, it'll be another 50 years before we win an NCAA football championship. But, that just may be what we deserve.

Don’t agree with the prediction but definitely agree with the program summation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1