Auburn OC Search, Part III

W.E.D

1 minute ago, cbo said:

It can’t be that hard to bring coaches to Auburn. It just can’t. 

Well I thought the same about Offensive linemen too...I am hoping this is not going to be Chad Morris 2.0 but if it is, it is honestly Auburn's own fault. Basketball didn't play it safe and we see how it is now..Everybody outside of auburn hates CBP but do we care? NO! 

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, cbo said:

Lots of different rumors about the “why.” Whatever the reason, this is a bad look. Harsin has either been extremely unlucky or completely incompetent at hiring coaches. 

I wasn’t even a huge fan of the Davis hire, but the bleeding has to stop. The bad and puzzling signs are mounting. 

What are some of the rumors? At this point anything could be true

Reading he may have underestimated what the job required in recruiting and may be having second thoughts. Either way the reporting is all very fuzzy. Curious to read the real story, if it ever gets written. 

• Sad 1

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

What are some of the rumors? At this point anything could be true

Rumors are that he’s been offered an OC job in the NFL. 

• Like 1

Just now, Barnacle said:

Reading he may have underestimated what the job required in recruiting and may be having second thoughts. Either way the reporting is all very fuzzy. Curious to read the real story, if it ever gets written. 

If this is true then he needs to go..wowzers. How do you not know something like this before you take the job?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

If this is true then he needs to go..wowzers. How do you not know something like this before you take the job?

That's what Hoke just put out.

Also. Harsin originally tried to hire Eric Kiesau but he turned down the job thinking he wasn't ready.

Disaster 

Just now, DAG said:

Agree, and not sure how you don’t thoroughly vet someone on that aspect of the job before hiring them. Strange times.

• Like 1

From what I am hearing this appears to be more on Davis then on Harsin... still very strange. Not trying to spin it positively because there isn't a positive to this in any way. 

7 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Whewwww. I’ve held into rationality… until now. If this is true this ship is sinking. 

Na, just another opportunity for P Marshall to get the ole sunshine pumping machine warmed up again.

3 minutes ago, Taco said:

Rumors are that he’s been offered an OC job in the NFL. 

If true who would expect him not to take it. I would say no if just QB coach (what he was before).

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Also. Harsin originally tried to hire Eric Kiesau but he turned down the job thinking he wasn't ready.

Disaster 

God make it stop 

• Like 2

Just now, Barnacle said:

Agree, and not sure how you don’t thoroughly vet someone on that aspect of the job before hiring them. Strange times.

To be fair to Harsin there is only so much vetting you can do if a guy is telling you to your face he is ready to put the work in for recruiting, and you have Pete Carrol vouching for the guy.  Still really strange all around.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Disaster 

Then this fool @AU-24 was right the whole time. The potatoes are SAWFT.

• Like 1

Actually this is part 4. Hired Bobo, fired. Hired Hill, was blocked by compliance (thank goodness). Hired Davis, sounds like he is gone. Now on to #4. 

Now I am worried. coaches are leaving in droves. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Hank2020 said:

If true who would expect him not to take it. I would say no if just QB coach (what he was before).

I’m not 100% believing that because of the lack of experience Austin Davis has and how big of a jump for a guy with less than two years of positional NFL coaching can become an OC. 

But oh well. It’s never not entertaining on the football side