Softball vs. Georgia State

Auburn leads 5-0 going to bot 3.  After two scoreless innings, Bryant led off the 3d with a double.  McCondichie bunted her to third, reaching first safely herself.  She then stole second; a bad throw ensued, Carlee took third and Denver scored.  Packer tripled, driving in McCondichie; Cox walked, PR by Smith.  Smith stole second, and took third on a wild pitch, Packer scoring.  Peralta and Ellis fanned, Garcia walked.  Garcia stole second, and Smith stole home.  Blaine and Godwin walked.  Bryant was HBP, RBI.  McCondichie struck out.  Now going to top 4, as GSU failed to score in bot 3; still 5-0.

Godwin smacks one out of the park! The 23rd homerun of the season which is more than we had all of last season. Only took us 16.5 games to get there.

6-0 Auburn going to the bottom of the 5th.

Edit: New Georgia State pitcher is giving the hitters fits though. Has struck out 6 in 2.1 innings pitched.

Edited by tgrogan21

1 minute ago, AUBwins said:

Is this on TV or just radio? 

Pretty sure it's just radio. Didn't have a watch option on the Softball Schedule on the Auburn site.

• Like 1

McCondichie doubles, Packer singles to bring in McCondichie. Packer advances to 2nd on the throw and then a sac bunt from Cox puts her on 3rd. Peralta walks, Schmidt comes in to bat for Ellis and reaches on a fielder's choice and then advances to 2nd on an throwing error. Packer scores and Peralta goes to 3rd.

Garcia pops up. Then Geraghty comes in to bat for Blaine and gets an RBI single. Lisenby comes in to bat and strikes out. Hopefully Lisenby's hitting comes around soon.

9-0 going to the bottom of the 6th. Need 3 outs to win it! Yarbrough will be coming in to try and close it out for Penta.

Yarbrough doesn't have her stuff tonight ...

4 pitch walk to start, then a wild pitch, and then another 4 pitch walk. She then falls behind 3-0 on the 3rd batter and finally gets a pitch over the plate before she walks the bases loaded. :(

Edit: Penta is back in to try to get out of the mess that Yarbrough left and to try to close this game out in 6.

Edited by tgrogan21
  • Sad 1

Damn! 4 straight walks and it's 9-1 Auburn. Still no outs and the bases still loaded. Looks like we're gonna have a full inning game tonight.

Never mind my last post. lol Penta comes back from the walk and strikes out the next two and gets a ground out to end the game. Auburn wins 9-1! War Damn Eagle!

Edited by tgrogan21
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Is this on TV or just radio? 

I followed on Live Stats.  Georgia State's stat program is way better than ours.  All kinds of cool information available.

24 minutes ago, AUlurker said:

Is Dean riding Penta a little more in the early going to try to keep Lowe at 100%?

I believe so. Keeping her healthy bc she’ll 100% have to pitch in SEC play

11 hours ago, AUlurker said:

Is Dean riding Penta a little more in the early going to try to keep Lowe at 100%?

Lowe had pitched the previous game vs Syracuse.  Lowe has pitched 43.2 innings and faced 152 batters and started 8 games.  Penta 53.1 innings, 189 batters and started 9 games.  All things considered seems fairly equal.  Hope Dismukes can get back in the rotation in the near term and be effective in relief.  Penta seems to have her emotions under better control this year and has been a real warrior.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, slot canyon said:

Lowe had pitched the previous game vs Syracuse.  Lowe has pitched 43.2 innings and faced 152 batters and started 8 games.  Penta 53.1 innings, 189 batters and started 9 games.  All things considered seems fairly equal.  Hope Dismukes can get back in the rotation in the near term and be effective in relief.  Penta seems to have her emotions under better control this year and has been a real warrior.

Do we know specifically what KK's problem is? Is it shoulder, etc? I may have missed it. It seems long term recovery, which worries me. Or even worse, something that will continue to keep her less than 100% for the whole year...

2 hours ago, steeleagle said:

Do we know specifically what KK's problem is? Is it shoulder, etc? I may have missed it. It seems long term recovery, which worries me. Or even worse, something that will continue to keep her less than 100% for the whole year...

She has had some sort of wrap around her leg/knee (I forget which one).  From what I have seen she has been in uniform at last few games as opposed to shorts. 

edit.....left leg 

Edited by slot canyon

6 hours ago, slot canyon said:

She has had some sort of wrap around her leg/knee (I forget which one).  From what I have seen she has been in uniform at last few games as opposed to shorts. 

edit.....left leg 

Dismukes from what I have heard had an issue with a knee and possibly had surgery. Last weekend Lowe appeared to be getting a lot of attention to her wrist and elbow. Even had a brace on.... And supposedly Yarborough is nursing some arm issue as well. I hope they all get well soon as Texas A&M is around the corner!!!! 

• Like 2