Headed into the postseason

Maverick.AU

3 hours ago, JwgreDeux said:

I've rewatched some of our recent games and gone over some of the numbers and I'm convinced we are in store for something special from Jabari in this postseason run.  So here's a few things I've noticed. I think CBP started intentionally getting Jabari more touches sooner than we realized. Starting with the Missouri game on the road. Prior to that game he had attempted 15 or more shots just twice in 19 games and zero in conference. Starting that game he has attempted 15 or more shots 5 times in 12 games. Prior to the Mizzou game he had 4 games where he attempted 0 free throws (and 5 games where he shot 2 or 1) with 63 total attempts, only 1 game with 0 attempts (and 1 game with 1 attempt) since, with 76 total attempts. In the last six games he has recorded his season high in points, assists, and tied his season high in rebounds. 

This group has been trying to evolve as he does and there have been some bumps in the road, but I think there is reason to believe it is headed in the right direction. He's been more aggressive off the dribble in the last few games and there is one area I think we will see him improve on as he takes the next step and that is setting up others to score. I think our lack of assists can be helped by look for Jabari to get more assists on kick outs and high lows to Kessler or high low lobs to our 3s. Going to be fun to watch 

Jabari has some really high IQ passing decisions felled by missed threes, but I love that high post face up look for him with Kessler close to post position and where he can see where the double's coming from 

gives him every option on the court and could get everyone going (if he continues making the right decisions) 

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby