Softball vs Clemson Regional

I don't know that Peralta misplayed that.  Tough over-the-shoulder attempt.  Had it snowconed, bit it slid out, and past the trailing Garcia. Just a lucky placement for Clemson.

• Like 1

Just now, OlderWhiskey said:

I don't know that Peralta misplayed that.  Tough over-the-shoulder attempt.  Had it snowconed, bit it slid out, and past the trailing Garcia. Just a lucky placement for Clemson.

Maybe a bit harsh but still gotta make that play in a game this big.

• Like 1

Ellis gets ahead 3-0 before taking a pitch and swinging at a ball. Lead off SINGLE! Smith runs for Ellis.

Need the clutch bats now!

Well that's the opposite of clutch. Lisenby with the ground ball to SS and it's a double play.

Edit: They're reviewing it but it should be an easy call with Lisenby out.

Edited by tgrogan21

Packer falls behind 1-2 before going to a full count and she strikes out looking. Clemson and Cagle have faced the minimum so far. This pitching staff is just ridiculous.

1-0 Clemson B5th

Penta with a 4 pitch fly out to Schmidt in RF.

Another battle as Penta gets ahead 1-2 before the batter fouls off several in a row. 7 pitch at bat ends in a ground out to 3b. Great job by Cox to get the speedy batter out. She has the most steals for active players.

Falls behind 2-0 and Godwin and the infield come to the talk to Penta. Then gets squeezed on ball 3. Walks her in 4 pitches.

Dean comes out to talk to Penta. Falls behind 2-0 ... evens it up before a full count. Strike out LOOKING!

Great job from Penta ... bats have to give her some damn support!

Edit: Cox, Godwin, and Schmidt coming up.

1-0 Clemson T6th

Edited by tgrogan21

Through 5 innings and our batters haven't adjusted.

Cox with a 2 pitch ground out to SS.

Blaine hitting for Godwin. Glad she's healthy enough to hit. Goes up there hacking at 2 balls to fall behind 0-2.

BLAINE with a hard hit liner to 3rd! Fielder can't handle it and she's got us a single! Cooper running for Blaine.

Ground ball to the Pitcher. She goes to 2nd and it's in the dirt and Cooper is safe at 2nd!

LETS GO!!

Edited by tgrogan21

Garcia falls behind 0-2 and barely stays alive with a foul ball.

GARCIA WITH A BLOOP SINGLE! BASES LOADED FOR THE BEST HITTER ON THE TEAM (for average)!!!

Edited by tgrogan21

2 foul balls and McCondichie is in a whole 0-2 ...

WOW! A pitch WAY UP and the catcher barely saves the wild pitch.

Fly out to shallow CF and the runners stay (smartly). NEED A CLUTCH HIT!!!

Peralta falls behind 1-2 ...

Great another ground out to ss. Awful clutch hitting from the 2 and 3 hitters.

1-0 Clemson B6th

Should be an error on Peralta. It was in her glove and should have been completed. I did not see a snow cone on the replay...

Lisenby goes to C for Godwin.

Another battle as Penta gets ahead 0-2 and the the batter fouls off several in a row and gets a single.

Foul out to first.

Damn! Lisenby's throw to 2nd bounces to 2nd and the runner steals the base.

There's the every game Peralta error. Flips the ball out of her glove and can't hold on to it for the throw. Runners on the corners with 1 out.

Well that should be error #2 on Peralta... 107 pitches for Penta... urghhh and winner of this region goes to Oklahoma Super....

Emotions are high right now. Umps are slowing down the flow a bit and neither team likes it.

3 pitch pop up to 2B!! Huge out from one of Clemson's best power hitters!

Ground out to Peralta and she steps on second.

Ellis, Lisenby, Packer coming up. Gotta get some runs! But this was an amazing performance from Penta. If only this team had one more pitcher who wasn't hurt we would be so much better.

1-0 Clemson T7th

Ellis gets ahead 2-0 ... great count for her.

Another ground ball, but an error by the 3B. Lucky ... can't believe we're still rolling over the ball.

Edited by tgrogan21

Cox falls behind 0-2. Barely gets contact on a foul ball.

Strike out. Game over.

Clemson wins 1-0.

I have zero faith we can win tonight. Disappointing effort by our bats today.

• Sad 1

13/21 outs were the result of a ground ball.

We struck out 6 times. Another out was a caught stolen base.

We hit the ball into the outfield for an out ... 1 time. That's pathetic and the fact that there was no adjustment made is stupidly ridiculous.

Edited by tgrogan21
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

2 foul balls and McCondichie is in a whole 0-2 ...

WOW! A pitch WAY UP and the catcher barely saves the wild pitch.

Fly out to shallow CF and the runners stay (smartly). NEED A CLUTCH HIT!!!

Your so right about that catcher saving that wild pitch. I saw replay and that catcher made a major league save.
99% of catchers would not have saved that ball. 

geez. Also that Clemson pitcher not walking a single batter hurt. We were putting the ball in play late and they were making errors too but without the walks the room for runs dropped. But we had chances late but couldn’t clutch hit. 

• Like 1

I think we played about as well as we could. As far as the number of ground ball outs hit by our offense, that Clemson pitcher threw mostly drop balls, most exceeding 70 mph. That's a hard row to hoe.

Penta is something special and pitched a great game. Interesting that the difference in the game was that the pitcher for Clemson got a double and scored the run that won it.

• Like 6

Louisiana finally subdued UNCW in the 11th inning, 3-1.  They had 16 hits.  I think Schormer pitched the whole game again for the Cajuns.   Wilmington changed pitchers in the 11th, and she gave up a 2-run homer.  Estimate our game to start at 7:15 Central.  Stanfor beat Alabama 6-0 today; their first regional loss since 2007.

Louisiana started Lamb in the circle, and she had a perfect game going into the 7th before UNCW bunted around the bases. 

Schorman pitched around 35 pitches, so I imagine we will see her in the next game. Phillip Marshall says Lowe will start in the circle.

I’ll be interested to see how each team comes out in game 2.

• Thanks 1