Baseball Regional Series

Gets ahead 0-2 again. Please, get out of this ...

Howell with a running catch in Center.

I wonder if Burkhalter is 100% healthy. Because he definitely doesn't look like he did in the beginning of SEC play. Allsup has looked like our best arm the last several weeks.

9-4 Auburn T9th

Gotta be honest. Pulling Skipper (even with him struggling) looks bad now. Burkhalter couldn't get anything by a hitter. They hit him and fouled balls off all inning. 33 pitches already.

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

My rememberer had our best power hitter, Scotty Long coming to bat. Nonetheless, the scenario we both remember is the same. I've had a solid hatred for Stanford ever since then. Losing the women's basketball national championship game to them some years later did nothing but fan the flames of my dislike.

These days, the game is completed at the next opportunity. Back then they went by the rules of professional baseball, as posted above.

QV Lowe was the star pitcher for Auburn I later saw him at the Astordome in 1972 he was with the Cubs as a coach

• Like 1

Just now, mustache eagle said:

Wish we would of brought allsup in before burk 

I’d hate to bring the youngster in to end it.  Could be nerve wracking 

That's what I was hoping for but I also think Allsup is pitching way better right now.

Grounder eats the 1B up and Bello reaches 1st safely on the error. Wonder if that'll get changed to a hit later.

Ware coming in to run for Bello.

RAMBUSCH DOUBLES!!! WARE TO 3RD!!

Foster falls behind 0-2 on fouls. Evens it up 2-2 .. Full count! Pitcher gets a pitch clock warning, taking a lot of time in between pitches.

Sac fly to deep center. Rambusch goes to 3rd. Will assume Sonny is gonna get Intentionally walked.

10-4 Auburn!

• Like 1

DiChiara not getting intentionally walked ... make 'em pay.

SINGLE! RAMBUSCH SCORES! Sonny's 4th RBI!

11-4 Auburn!!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Sonny has reached base 12 out of 13 times in the last two games. Is 9-15 in the regional after going 6 for his last 39.

Pitcher started to show some fatigue when Cole ran up his count. That was a big time AB from Cole Foster.

Peirce with the fielder's choice. Hope he has a better series in the super. He's only had 2 hits this weekend.

Carlson gets ahead 2-0 ... back to even 2-2 ... strike 3 looking.

11-4 Auburn. 3 outs to go, guys!

2 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

Pitcher started to show some fatigue when Cole ran up his count. That was a big time AB from Cole Foster.

I think his pitch count is over 50 now.

• Like 1

Feeble end. Carlson has to protect the plate there. Borderline pitch... can't just take it and hope.

Still, we got what we needed in that inning. Insurance runs + time for Burkhalter to collect himself. Allsup has to be ready, but let's send Burkhalter back out there.