Which was worse?

bigbird

18 minutes ago, bigbird said:

You know, I don't remember much about those games. 🤔

That's your brain fighting it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUCE05 said:

We knew Tubs was done.  There was talent on that D.  No one will admit it, but there are some very large hurdles to firing Harsin and it is not a sure thing.  Outside of Tank, we don't have one player that would start for another Big 6 program.  Guys, Green made the absolute worst hire and we are no where near the end of this nightmare.  

If Aubrn hired the right coach a turnaround could happen quickly. Look at TN. 3 years ago the team was disentegrating and the coach was as inept as Harsin and maybe even more unlikeable. The Vols are about to beat UFL and maybe edge into the top 10.....in just 2 years. But Auburn has to make a good decision for once, and right now I wonder if it's possible. Maybe the new President has a better grasp of what it takes to hire a great coach in the SEC. 

• Like 1

Out of just two options: would be today's turd of a game.

In general: I think the Utah State game of 2011. First game as defending National Champs and almost completely crap the bed with that scare. Took onside kick and scoring twice all in like last 3 minutes of the game to pull out the win.

Today by far. Although 3-2 was bad, we are a different level of ineptness now. Our disastrous recruiting and the rise of Bammer/UGA along with others in the league make this far bleaker than ‘08. Change at the top is required. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Today by far. Although 3-2 was bad, we are a different level of ineptness now. Our disastrous recruiting and the rise of Bammer/UGA along with others in the league make this far bleaker than ‘08. Change at the top is required. 

I agree, but I’m more along the lines of ‘holistic leadership change.’ Changing coaches is just putting a different color lipstick on the pig. I don’t mean the AD and football departments deserve 100% turnover. Rather I mean they need to be ‘aligned’ under a strong and effective leader and sing one tune. Divided we (continue to) fall. 

As I said in the game thread, this game was worse. We were very good on one side of the ball in the 3-2 game. 

In this game, both teams sucked in all 3 phases. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MJDub said:

This one, because our team looked like the 2012 team out there today. Either way, we can only hope the following season has the same result of a new coach. 

That 2012 team had alot of talent on it from those really good recruiting years when Chizik first came here. 2013 proved that. I always felt the 2012 team just mailed it in and kinda quit on the coaches. Similar to the 2008 team that was 5-7. There was really good talent on that team but the Tony Franklin fiasco happened and the players seemed to mail it in. That stuff was fixable due to having talent. This team is just bad. No other way to put it or sugarcoat it. The lack of talent on this team is mindboggling. 

If Harsin is fired, we HAVE to get the next hire right. That new coach and his staff will have to be able to work miracles through the transfer portal and also be badass recruiters. The SEC West is hard anyways and now we are about to add Texas and Oklahoma in a few yrs. Auburn seems to be at a major fork in the road and they've got to get the next hire right!! (Assuming Harsin and staff are let go)

10 hours ago, bigbird said:

The MSU 3-2 game or this 17-14 embarrassment 

That’s somewhat like being asked to qualitatively choose between 2 steaming piles of dog crap — it’s not worth the mental effort.  

15 hours ago, bigbird said:

The MSU 3-2 game or this 17-14 embarrassment 

Easy........the MSU 3-2 game.  Only because I was there and that was my sons first Auburn game. 

• Like 1