Which was worse?

bigbird

29 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

This. The 3-2 game, I at least felt neither team deserved to win. In this game, Harsin getting stuffed going for a 4th down when he had an easy chip shot to win and STILL managing to win because the other team literally dropped a winning touchdown going in goes beyond just a bad game into the world of farce. 

And if Carlson misses AGAIN, he should have gone for it.  There was no winning scenario for Bowden in 98, Tubs in 2008, Chizik in 2012, and Harsin 2022.  No choice is good with a bad OL and a QB who isn't really a QB. I think the embarrassment is Harsin's recruiting.  

Edited by Auburn93

This really might be worse. That 2008 squad could at least run the ball and play defense. As bad as that game against the Moo Cows was, it never felt like Auburn was really in danger of losing it. Today, on the other hand, Auburn should have lost. Period. This team does a whole bunch of stuff badly and nothing well.

1 hour ago, Strychnine said:

I feel like you asking me to choose which lethal medications I want administered during my execution.

I'd go with Strychnine...

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, AUCE05 said:

We knew Tubs was done.  There was talent on that D.  No one will admit it, but there are some very large hurdles to firing Harsin and it is not a sure thing.  Outside of Tank, we don't have one player that would start for another Big 6 program.  Guys, Green made the absolute worst hire and we are no where near the end of this nightmare.  

Maybe this hire is really what cost Green his job? Don’t know.

1 hour ago, AUCE05 said:

We knew Tubs was done.  There was talent on that D.  No one will admit it, but there are some very large hurdles to firing Harsin and it is not a sure thing.  Outside of Tank, we don't have one player that would start for another Big 6 program.  Guys, Green made the absolute worst hire and we are no where near the end of this nightmare.  

Going into that game we still had hope of a 10 win season.

• Like 1

The Miss St game because we had an offensive line and only got a fg. Got to give it to our coaches to get 17 points which could have been 20, with just a little pocket lint to work with.

If we are just choosing between these two, which is what you asked about, I choose this one.   I knew Auburn wasn’t going to score any more points in regulation after the 1st quarter.    With all the problems AU has on offense, I don’t even know where to start.  It’s all bad.   

This one.   That 08 defense was good, and pitched a shutout that day.   Today’s game was awful in every way!    
I have never in all of my life seen any team in a “winning effort” play that poorly and make such catastrophic mistakes, matched with sabotagingly head scratching coaching decisions.   

Hands down this game. That 3-2 game came in a different era of football. Games were lower scoring back then, and the league was still defense dominated. As bad as the offense was in that game, both teams also just played sound defense. 
Today was just a complete failure. No offense after the first quarter. Inconsistent and lost defensive play. If not for Mizzou playing just as unsound and making costly unforced errors, we lose the game.

Edited by ScotsAU

This was worse, that MSU team wasn't bad. Best part of this game was watching their dbag QB Cook run on field to celebrate win then noticing his kicker missed the fg.