Were we better off Losing today?

AubFanCT

It's an honest question. Harsin is obviously a lame duck coach. He's going to get fired, it's just  matter of when. Isn't it better to cut the cord as soon as possible and stop delaying the inevitable so we can move on? The question over Hasin's future is hurting our recruiting.  Other Coaches are using it against us. Once he's fired, recruits are gonna leave which always happens.  If we lost today, I think he would have been fired by midnight tonight. There is very little positive on the horizon.  An OLine dominated by a bottom tier SEC defense and a game we had no business winning are not positive signs. Would not have been a bad thing in my opinion if we lost today so we can move on sooner than later and try and right the ship of this program. 

• Like 2

I wouldnt worry too much about losing our recruits. Few of them have anything close to a better option than us.

It's just frustrating.

Harsin knows its over.

Fans know its over

Players know Harsin is done,

Auburn Administration knows its over

I think it'd be best to just rip the bandaid off and get the program looking towards the future.

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, CoffeeTiger said:

It's just frustrating.

Harsin knows its over.

Fans know its over

Players know Harsin is done,

Auburn Administration knows its over

I think it'd be best to just rip the bandaid off and get the program looking towards the future.

I dont get the sentiment that he has to be retained because he backed his way into a win today. Why wait for a loss that everyone knows is coming to make a decision everyone knows is coming? And do the Harsin Gang coordinators get to stay when it happens or are they shown the door as well? They dont deserve to stay, but youve got to have someone around to coach.

15 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Yes.  Auburn lost by "winning".

(That wasn't a win though.  I don't care what the scoreboard says.)

It's been several hours, and I still don't know what that was. 

9 minutes ago, CR said:

I dont get the sentiment that he has to be retained because he backed his way into a win today. Why wait for a loss that everyone knows is coming to make a decision everyone knows is coming? And do the Harsin Gang coordinators get to stay when it happens or are they shown the door as well? They dont deserve to stay, but youve got to have someone around to coach.

I asked a similar question on another thread. If you were gonna fire him after a loss, what did he do today that drastically changed your perception of him as a coach?  the other team screwed the pooch twice and handed the team a win.  "heck of a job there, coach"

1 minute ago, EastAl_Tiger said:

I asked a similar question on another thread. If you were gonna fire him after a loss, what did he do today that drastically changed your perception of him as a coach?  the other team screwed the pooch twice and handed the team a win.  "heck of a job there, coach"

It didn't change anything. Missouri is bad.. we're about to get into sec football 

I'm not too worried about it, the ptb know what's up and there is no need to immediately fire the guy, it's going to happen I'd imagine but whether it's now or at the end of the year doesn't matter to me. I'm sure they're at work reaching out descretly to various agents and seeing what we can get coaching wise. Deion isn't going to be hired mid season from JSU nor is Lane nor is Stoops.. Maybe Grimes would commit mid year but I sort of think there's no need for an immediate firing.

Edited by ThurstontheWelshCorgi
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, CR said:

The players aren't good enough regardless of who is coaching this team. I can't see a scenario where he is fired mid-season unless players refuse to suit up for Harsin. This is a lost season. CGC lasted the entire season in 2012, even after reportedly losing the entire locker room.

9 minutes ago, EastAl_Tiger said:

Because it would be damn near impossible to hire a future coach worth a damn when you fire one who is currently 3-1 and just got a win.   Whether it was deserved or not, doesn’t matter.   Let the season play out over the next several weeks, auburn will show its true colors.   Then it will be justified.    Auburn might be the worst team in conference.   We know Missouri is better…only vandy and SC left.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

Anyone that watched knows we lost the game despite the score

We won the game. The other team has to make their field goal. Our running backs didn't fumble at the goal line. I enjoyed the end because I know who we are.

• Like 4

I didn't see the game and only caught the last 5 minutes of the 4th quarter and the overtime on my radio while traveling. Therefore, I had the opportunity to listen to all the post - game interviews by the players from offense, defense and special teams. And I willing to bet that you would not find a single player that actually suited up in the orange and blue who would think that they would have been better off losing today. So, I must ask who is this WE?   

• Like 8

For the fans, possibly, for the players definitely not.

Most fans want CBH gone and it will almost certainly happen, but not until the season is over.

Firing CBH now will be a very bad look for Auburn University. I don't think our new president will make that decision until

the season is over because by then the record will very likely tell an undeniable story.

We fans want a quick fix, kind of like grabbing the remote and clicking to a winning channel, but that is not happening. 

We did not get into this situation overnight and we won't get out of it overnight either. If anyone still doubts the 

importance of the guys in the trenches in football, they didn't watch the AU quarterbacks being pressured the last 

two games. We have big problems with our bigs and it is going to take some time to repair. 

• Like 2