for those taking up for Harsin

aubiefifty

21 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

IMO AU has got to 1) get the admin decision making stream lined/leaner and disciplined (shut the hell up), and boosters put into a specific advisory group swim lane 2) who’s ever in charge of media relations is really poor at it and the function needs to be “revisited”  3) start friggin pro acting, plan longer term, and get out of perpetual MacGyver mode.

Otherwise this coaching search will become another spectator sport.

Ps I want prime. but if we somehow mishandle his interview process and then go with someone junior or “questionable” - he’s the media’s darling. I can’t even imagine

I agree with everything you said. But I will admit, I expect the coaching search to become a clown show, just because everything lately does. If the new administration keeps it under wraps, this will be a very positive and important sign. 

I want Prime, too. If we actually decide to go after him and mess up the pursuit? Oh, the depths of sorrow. 

I agree with AU's due diligence as a public university but also as an entity with a core mission of being the steward of student's safety, regardless of attaching the "athlete" to the term. I am not experienced in the field to know if the investigation was messy or not. The same media that stated Harsin should be fired ASAP over and over again are also the same ones that state that Auburn is ridiculous, within hours of firing. Sometimes you can't win in the eyes of the media and AU has not done themselves any favors, over the years, in regards to perception. If you are a writer and want "clicks", keep AU on your radar. 

Sport forums can be passioned debates and at times behavioral; however, it's not unique to Auburn, go to any passioned fanbase forums, i.e., UA, UGA, UT, etc. and the dynamics are similar. Sometimes it's the curse of social media...take that how you want it. If you desire sterile and dry, go to CU (Colorado) or another team where fans are rather "meh" about their programs. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Systems said:

My name is Karen. 

you want some cheese with that whine?

1 hour ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Curious as to how much is allowed to be divulged in an open records request.  🤔 I imagine that since it is personnel related, a public institution doesn’t have to hand over specific records, like the hotel receipts that were talked about or emails/texts between coaches, etc.  Anyone know about that? @cbo

That's a great question and I think you are correct. Anyone can do a FOIA request for the records, so I bet someone already has. But I"m sure the investigation was under attorney/client privilege and therefore not required to be submitted under an open records request. 

But this is also where I would call one of my attorneys to make sure. So I will do the equivalent here. 

My guy @Didba. What do you think?

9 minutes ago, cbo said:

That's a great question and I think you are correct. Anyone can do a FOIA request for the records, so I bet someone already has. But I"m sure the investigation was under attorney/client privilege and therefore not required to be submitted under an open records request. 

https://www.justice.gov/oip/blog/foia-update-oip-guidance-attorney-client-privilege

basically yes.

• Thanks 1

For those who would like to know how recruiting got so bad under Harsin, I just came from Auburn Undercover after listening to their podcast.

Recruiting under Harsin was a perfect example of the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. And according to the podcast Harsin didn't much care what either hand was doing or if they were doing anything.

I'm not a member at Auburn Undercover but I was able to listen to it. You might want to give it a try. After listening to it you'll ask yourself wtf was Auburn thinking when they hired bh?

2 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

For those who would like to know how recruiting got so bad under Harsin, I just came from Auburn Undercover after listening to their podcast.

Recruiting under Harsin was a perfect example of the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. And according to the podcast Harsin didn't much care what either hand was doing or if they were doing anything.

I'm not a member at Auburn Undercover but I was able to listen to it. You might want to give it a try. After listening to it you'll ask yourself wtf was Auburn thinking when they hired bh?

i just posted a video of the crap he did just with recruiting on the auburn articles. it has tomorrows date but i figured with all the stuff going on i needed to get a head start.