Ole Miss pay sites saying Kiffin signed contract with Auburn

TeamZero77

6 hours ago, lovemytigerz said:

He's right.  That isn't a "he's not the right coach" complaint.  That's a "he's not the right kind of man to shape young men" complaint.  Freeze was caught being his own pimp for gosh sakes!  

Oh gosh.....let's all act like every single one of us hasn't called a prostitute a few times from our company phones....

giphy.gif

• Haha 6

8 hours ago, lovemytigerz said:

Amen!  Lanning is building his kingdom in Oregon!  Auburn should have done whatever it took to bring that guy back to the SEC!  

Same was said about Mario during our last search. Lanning inherited a very talented roster in a weak conference, and a seasoned SEC QB. He certainly has some appeal but he has a very short resume. 

• Like 5

On 11/22/2022 at 12:48 PM, NoALtiger said:

It’s gotta be a tough spot. He’s not gonna come right out and say he’s going to AU because OM will be mad and it’ll piss off the “ give Caddy and the boys their IB day” AU crowd to boot. He also can’t really stand there and blatantly lie and insist he’s staying if he really isn’t. I mean watcha wanna a guy to do lol??? If this is indeed happening it’ll play out how it’ll play out and everyone will just have to deal with it. Nobody ever said this was an easy business and it’s definitely a business. 

Nail meet hammer. Spot on!

Guest MustardSeed
8 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

Damn man, who DO you want for coach? You've complained about every candidate under the sun.

I’ve only laid out the issues of LK and Freeze. But I’ve also said many times that I’d be ok with LK and would support him, I just wouldn’t expect him to be any better than Gus and have laid out why. LK has in the past year or two made some believable comments about his will to be a better man. I’d be ok with Lane. I’d never be ok with Freeze until he’s shown a many years pattern of being a better man.  Sure most on here could care less about the character of the coach as long as he wins. But to me winning is first defined by being a positive influence on a large group of very young men who need shaping, many of whom come from difficult backgrounds.  I’ve done inner city ministry and if you’ve never been there, the needs can be overwhelming. It’s take leaders with true character to be able to handle it properly.  And AU should be a place that not only cares about the financial future of theses young men, but also in helping them know they are loved, have value and can contribute to the well being of others…not just make some money and continue in the same lifestyles many came from. If we do the latter we’ve utterly failed them in the name of entertaining some fans and making money and that I’ll never support. 

On 11/23/2022 at 8:34 AM, passthebiscuits said:

He has not accepted the offer…yet. 
What he didn’t say is more important than what he did say. 

Besides, what’s the guy supposed to say/do when he’s got a game left to coach?

It’s just too complicated for some to understand. 😂

• Like 1

If Kiffin falls through.  Go for Deion........please before Freeze.

• Like 6
  • Dislike 1

34 minutes ago, roe4christ said:

I really hope we have a better plan B,C and D than Freeze. 

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

So the pay sites, who only exist to sell stories and ad clicks, are the only source that Kiffin stays at Ole Miss. Not saying they can’t be right, but the longer we go without any other confirmation I think they’re just trying to stir up some controversy during the lull. 

Guest MustardSeed
1 hour ago, roe4christ said:

Cohen helped get Freeze caught at OM. He wasn’t hired to bring in Freeze….  Not sure how people keep missing that. If he somehow ends up there he failed on all fronts…

1 hour ago, roe4christ said:

There are numerous options out there for Auburn. We don't have to settle for an unqualified starter coach such as Sanders. If you're worried about character, you need to look into Sanders' background before you back him for the HC job at Auburn.

• Like 1

Guest MustardSeed
8 minutes ago, zeroforwinger said:

So the pay sites, who only exist to sell stories and ad clicks, are the only source that Kiffin stays at Ole Miss. Not saying they can’t be right, but the longer we go without any other confirmation I think they’re just trying to stir up some controversy during the lull. 

In reality all the sources we have saying otherwise are no better. We have one insider here claiming to have intimate knowledge but is spreading it all over the board…people that share secret info like that don’t usually get said info…they just hear from someone they know who says they heard something. This particular insider does actually get good info usually, but in these situations the only ones who truly know aren’t talking. The insiders spreading their info will just claim something must have changed. We won’t know anything til it’s reported. Perhaps the insiders here are accurate. Perhaps the OM pay sites latest reports are accurate. Anyone that claims to know for a fact and is willingly outing that info isn’t on the inside in this scenario regardless of how much access they normally have. 

Edited by MustardSeed

3 minutes ago, zeroforwinger said:

you got it.  Ole miss or Auburn,  I do not expect to hear anything concrete 'til After the egg bowl.   As early as pregame warm ups, as late as Friday evening.

We may try to "not over ride" Caddy's big day,  but ole miss will not.   My gut says Kiffin will make a decision tonight,  and sign someone's contract by Friday morning.  News will break one way or the other by Friday afternoon.

1 minute ago, MustardSeed said:

In reality all the sources we have saying otherwise are no better. We have one insider here claiming to have intimate knowledge but is spreading it all over the board…people that share secret info like that don’t usually get said info…they just hear from someone they know who says they heard something. This particular insider does actually get good info usually, but in these situations the only ones who truly know aren’t talking. The insiders spreading their info will just claim something must have changed. We won’t know anything til it’s reported. Perhaps the insiders here are accurate. Perhaps the OM pay sites latest reports are accurate. Anyone that claims to know for a fact and is willingly outing that info isn’t on the inside. 

Yeah that’s a good point. The only one reporting anything is the guy from the local Mississippi station, but given the complete lack of corroboration it’s hard to take him as legit now. It’s just as likely their top target, and person they hire hasn’t been mentioned at all. 

2 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

you got it.  Ole miss or Auburn,  I do not expect to hear anything concrete 'til After the egg bowl.   As early as pregame warm ups, as late as Friday evening.

We may try to "not over ride" Caddy's big day,  but ole miss will not.   My gut says Kiffin will make a decision tonight,  and sign someone's contract by Friday morning.  News will break one way or the other by Friday afternoon.

I’d be surprised if anything comes out before Sunday. 

Guest MustardSeed
1 minute ago, zeroforwinger said:

Yeah that’s a good point. The only one reporting anything is the guy from the local Mississippi station, but given the complete lack of corroboration it’s hard to take him as legit now. It’s just as likely their top target, and person they hire hasn’t been mentioned at all. 

Yea. Our insider here (PTB) has legitimate inside access. But like I said in these scenarios the inside circle that gets real up to date info is extremely small. No one is going to leak info that could jeopardize a 50 million dollar contract just to be able say I told you so. 

13 minutes ago, Mikey said:

There are numerous options out there for Auburn. We don't have to settle for an unqualified starter coach such as Sanders. If you're worried about character, you need to look into Sanders' background before you back him for the HC job at Auburn.

among the documented infidelity, assaults  and scams...

I remember something about him at Free Shoes U missing classes.  Like,  not 1 or two classes,  but he spent 0 time in any class one full semester, and somehow passed.

combine that with his lack of experience,  he should be way down our list of coaches.

Pretty much the only thing he brings to the table that other coaches are not head and shoulders above,  is his fame and name.

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Looked in to it -- backing him for the HC job at Auburn. 

Then that's ok, as long as you aren't one of those claiming Freeze's past makes him unsuitable for the AU job.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

i honestly put zero stock into the reports that came out last night about Kiffin. He may very well stay at Ole Miss, but there is zero evidence to fully back up that report. 

From everything I have seen, he hedged his bets with his players and staff by saying "I plan on staying here unless something drastic changes". I would say a Massive contract for a better job is in that realm of a drastic change. 

If he planned on staying...why not sign the extension. If he told his players "I'm staying" it would be plastered all over twitter by players. 

My belief is he has pretty much been locked in with us since the first of this week and he is just trying to get through this game without his team giving up .....again. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Didn’t really care if we hired Kiffin but now I would act like a liberal after Trump was elected if we don’t hire him. It’s kind of like someone took our toy that we didn’t really like but now we want it back but not because we like the toy we just don’t want someone else having it. Anyway, bring on some former Auburn assistant as head coach and be done with it.