Auburn vs Southern California (USC)

AUBwins

Surprised no thread.  Auburn down 5-11 to start.  USC more organized at the moment

Tre Donaldson came in and provided a spark with 5 straight points and a 3 by Flan. Auburn up 15-13.

Green makes both FTs but USC with a 3. 19-24

Edited by AUBwins

Broome with Oop. But 2 more buckets for USC.

Trading 1 for 2 at the moment.  21-28

If they don't pick it up, gonna spend my time watching Christmas movies lol.

Big stuff by Broome

Just realized how small this team is compared some of the others in the conference. If rebounding is an issue now gonna be worse once conference games start.

Wooo.  Steal by Tre, dish to Jonni, spin and lay in. 29-33 Trojans

10 points already today.  His 3 tied it at 35. Now KD makes 2 of 3 FTs. Auburn with lead 37-35

3 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Pearl took two steps back not getting a good, smart exp’d ball handler, but he partially made up for it with finding Tre. I was adamant that kid could be a rotational figure…and I was wrong. He’s better than that 

He’s our only hope!!  Glad he’s getting a chance to show it. Unfortunate that it is out of necessity. 

• Like 1

That's rough.  Tre deserved the foul on his layup, no call.  Then push on rebound foul on Auburn

Again a lot of contact and no foul.  But Cardwell with follow up. NO SHOT ALLOWED AT BUZZER.  Aub up 39-35 at half.  Great finish.  Didn't see that coming after it started.  Good to have lead on road. 

I like Wendell but he's a liability on the defensive side of the ball. Glad Tre is getting extended minutes. He might be a smidge taller but his bigger frame helps. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TXaubie said:

He’s our only hope!!  Glad he’s getting a chance to show it. Unfortunate that it is out of necessity. 

Next year, with some hopefully real improvement out of Traore and Westry, and that other PG that's supposed to be pretty nice, I'm hoping that the young guys lead the way for a return to real, stable, offensive production as a whole 

I don't want to be in this spot where everything runs through Sharife or Jabari is the #1, 2 and 3 option when things get tough. We've had too many good classes to need to put so much production on a couple of players 

• Like 1