Our OL coach

gr82b4au

14 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Probably the most impressive recruiting start to any offensive line coach we have ever had. 
I am shocked. 

I am tickled with excitement.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gr82b4au said:

Probably the most impressive recruiting start to any offensive line coach we have ever had. 
I am shocked. 

Great few weeks of Oline recruiting. No doubt

Agreed. Can’t believe the OM crowd was telling this OL coach “good riddance, you need to go.” I’m sure he was glad to with that kind of ingratitude from an entitled, overinflated fanbase. Kiffin, OM, and their fans are all perfect for each other. 

Edited by AUINSY
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AUINSY said:

Agreed. Can’t believe the OM crowd was telling this OL coach “good riddance, you need to go.” I’m sure he was glad to with that kind of ingratitude from an entitled, overinflated fanbase. Kiffin, OM, and their fans are all perfect for each other. 

So far I'm pleased with his recruiting--def an improvement over but it is always hard to tell with this sort of thing...Boise fans were super glad to be rid of Harsin. But then again, Ole Miss fans went from saying the same thing about Kiffin to boasting about their superiority to us in a day flat. 🤣

• Haha 1

Cautiously optimistic. While right now I'm happy, jury is still out for the long term. The competition is stiff, he needs to keep his nose to the grindstone, work hard, treat people right, and always try to improve. Let's let it play out.

• Like 5

Y'all kill me while I agree he has done a fantastic Job putting the title of best ever is just foolish. Can't we just say he has done a good job and say the jury is still out until we know he keeps it consistent with also bringing in highly rated guys. 

23217o.jpg

Edited by autiger88
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Yeah guys no need to be excited at all. Quit all the excitement heading into the season. [ yellow font ]

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

21 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Y'all kill me while I agree he has done a fantastic Job putting the title of best ever is just foolish. Can't we just say he has done a good job and say the jury is still out until we know he keeps it consistent with also bringing in highly rated guys. 

23217o.jpg

It’s called being a “fan”…short for fanatic.  The term describes a large percentage of followers of college sports teams.

Maybe we should all “just play it cool, man.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Fantastic start but we need an O-line coach in for the long haul. Next how much do current and recruited players progress, how well does O-line meld and can he continue or improve this level of recruiting. For the amount of time he has been here and how much he has improved the Talent level he gets an A.  After season we can grade him on coaching job then after that he gets graded on next years recruiting class.  In this business it is all about what have you done for me today.

• Like 1

Indeed. Last night's game shows just how far we've fallen. There was a time when UGA, AL, and AU were basically on an even playing field. But we have been completely left behind. To get back there we need long term sustained excellence. An "A" on the first test of your freshman year doesn't mean you're a 4.0 graduate, but it does mean you're off to a good start.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2023 at 10:53 AM, autiger88 said:

putting the title of best ever is just foolish.

Who said that? 
I said he had the most impressive recruiting start I have ever seen. 
I don’t see where anybody said he was the best ever? 

Edited by gr82b4au

The Ryan Pugh OL class was the most impressive. Heck he Lee Ziemba and one other  all started their freshman year and were all 4 year starters the year we won the national championship!  

that whole group was the main reason why Cam came to Auburn.

Edited by AUY2K
  • Like 1

On 1/8/2023 at 7:10 PM, gr82b4au said:

I am shocked. 

Am I reading right.... seeing 8 O line commits?

16 minutes ago, AUY2K said:

The Ryan Pugh OL class was the most impressive. Heck he Lee Ziemba and one other  all started their freshman year and were all 4 year starters the year we won the national championship!  

that whole group was the main reason why Cam came to Auburn.

Agree they were awesome, but were they all recruited and signed within 6 weeks of hiring an OL coach? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, gabo4au said:

Indeed. Last night's game shows just how far we've fallen. There was a time when UGA, AL, and AU were basically on an even playing field. But we have been completely left behind. To get back there we need long term sustained excellence. An "A" on the first test of your freshman year doesn't mean you're a 4.0 graduate, but it does mean you're off to a good start.

I agree that sustaining the effort and results are imperative if AU is going to become successful over time. However, this staff has been genuinely productive in short order. It should be encouraging to all who are AU Fans.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

We have literally doubled our depth chart. 

3 of them graded as 4 stars (albeit 2 are transfers) With another recruit a hair away from 4star.

It's better than I thought for sure. Sucks we gotta wait FOREVER to see the next Auburn game :lol: 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Agree they were awesome, but were they all recruited and signed within 6 weeks of hiring an OL coach? 

Exactly. I'm not sure why others are having trouble comprehending what you're saying. You never said Thornton was the greatest O-Line coach ever but somehow that's how some have read it. You also never said that this O-Line class was the most impressive in Auburn history, you simply said it's the most impressive recruiting start for any new O-Line coach we have ever had. 

I also agree with you 100% that Coach Thornton is off to a great start here at Auburn. WDE

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, gabo4au said:

The last 4 years have been brutal!!!

In terms of talent (compared to the best) we didn’t score an A.   But it has been an incredible success that we have pulled off a B- in a matter of weeks when everyone else has been working all year long.   An A this December wouldn’t surprise me at all.   By the 2025 season we should be close enough that we’re competitive with those guys.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, AUinMS9528 said:

The last 4 years have been brutal!!!

In terms of talent (compared to the best) we didn’t score an A.   But it has been an incredible success that we have pulled off a B- in a matter of weeks when everyone else has been working all year long.   An A this December wouldn’t surprise me at all.   By the 2025 season we should be close enough that we’re competitive with those guys.

I don't think the line talent is an "A" but I do think the job he's done is an "A," which I think is your point. Here's hoping for many more "A's" on future tests, fingers crossed that he can do it. War Eagle!

3 hours ago, gabo4au said:

I don't think the line talent is an "A" but I do think the job he's done is an "A," which I think is your point. Here's hoping for many more "A's" on future tests, fingers crossed that he can do it. War Eagle!

Yes.  Definitely A+ for effort!!!!   Talent-wise in this class he took us from an F to a B- in a matter of weeks.  That’s incredible!   I don’t want to get my hopes up too much for future classes, but this is the dude who found a way (within the rules or not😁) to haul in the #1 class in America at Ole Siss!   That’s setting the bar ridiculously high!!!

• Like 1