No AU fan should EVER complain about refs again

BamaGrad03

Bammer just quit, layed down what they do under CMG .he is a deer in headlights

CMG is a good coach. Makes good adjustments...and is a great recruiter.

But he's never been accused of having a team full of "effort" guys. Thats why we dont force a lot of turnovers, and get up a metric ton of points in transition.

I'll agree with you about the hand checks, but are you kiddin me? There were at least 3 non-travel calls that were blatant. Also, that block out foul they called looked like over the back to me.

The worst call of the night that went in bama's favor was probably Gee's airball to himself.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You lost because we put the ball thru the net more than you did....................................................................... and played better defense.....................................and out hustled you................and,oh yeah I forgot,the refs got together before the game and said,"O.k guys lets make sure Auburn wins"

But he's never been accused of having a team full of "effort" guys. Thats why we dont force a lot of turnovers, and get up a metric ton of points in transition.

I'll agree with you about the hand checks, but are you kiddin me? There were at least 3 non-travel calls that were blatant. Also, that block out foul they called looked like over the back to me.

The worst call of the night that went in bama's favor was probably Gee's airball to himself.

your right Bg there was not a lot of "effort"

Jumbo, thats what frustrates us Bama fans. Our guys dont play until they get down by 10 or so. They are lazy with the ball...and TERRIBLY lazy in low post defense.

They dont fight through screens either. And by the time they decide to start playing...they have usually given up a 13-0 run or something.

This is the first game this year we havent scored well. That hasnt been my concern. Even the games where we played awful awful defense (UGA, Arky, Notre Dame, Vandy) we got our points. But i think if you have enough talent, you will get points. Without the effort, teams light us up like a christmas tree.

We start 4 guys who will get drafted. Two probably first round. And we still lose by 20+ on the road. I think our team is perfect for the NBA...they dont wanna play D...just shoot the ball.

You amaze me BG, you see moving screens and hand checks all over the place that the refs missed all night; but you can't see a travel when everybody does and even the refs,who missed the call live, called it after the game.

To be fair, BG has since kinda of quieted away from defending that.... :(

Jumbo, thats what frustrates us Bama fans. Our guys dont play until they get down by 10 or so. They are lazy with the ball...and TERRIBLY lazy in low post defense.

They dont fight through screens either. And by the time they decide to start playing...they have usually given up a 13-0 run or something.

This is the first game this year we havent scored well. That hasnt been my concern. Even the games where we played awful awful defense (UGA, Arky, Notre Dame, Vandy) we got our points. But i think if you have enough talent, you will get points. Without the effort, teams light us up like a christmas tree.

MG has all the talent in the world and his team seems to always come out flat, they dont seem to play hard until they are down by more than 10 I can see why you are upset but that has to be coaching or management of the game

:P Im pretty sure the refs didnt cost anyone the game in this one. The calls went both ways. There was one stretch of 3 possessions that calls i thought were incorrect went in UAT's favor. Flat out we played better and harder than you. Dont start complaining when you lose by 24. Even if seven more baskets go to UAT: you still lose by double digits.

Ever ever ever.

EVER.

Did you see the four steps right before the Half?

Did you see it?

Everyone saw it - even the refs.

I was at the game and there were a crap load of travels not called on Bama. And that jump ball on Prowell that was called a foul. Maybe the television showed something I missed.

81-57: Eat it

BG,

The margin of victory was 24 points. How many of those were due to poor officiating? :lol:

Face it -- Lebo has this team playing a tough, trapping defense that leads to lots of turnovers. It's called winning basketball. AU won big. Get over it. Tell us about the success of your gymnastics team. ;)

actually BG, that was a good no call. He ran the baseline, took the shot, airballed the shot, and caught it on the other side of the rim...This is NOTHING.... WHY?? (you should know this BG, if you know the game like you say you do)....Because once the ball is shot, there is no team or player control, therefore he can catch that ball without being guilty of anything..He just rebounded a missed shot is all he did...LEGAL PLAY

Now...on the "moving screen" issue.....why is it that so many people think all moving screens are illegal?? They aren't.....I heard this more from fans when i was officiating than anything else, even more than them yelling 3 seconds....the rule book says:

Art. 4. No player, while moving, shall set a screen that causes contact and

delays an opponent from reaching a desired position.

Art. 5. When both opponents are moving in exactly the same path and

direction and the screener slows down or stops and contact results, the

trailing player shall be responsible for such contact.

break down article 4....no player, while moving....shall set a screen that......causes contact AND delays an opponent from reaching a desired position....That means BOTH of these have to occur for it to be illegal... AND the person that is setting the screen has to be responsible for the contact...just because a defensive player tries to fight through the screen and there's contact doesn't make it a "moving screen"..

Article 5....clearly shows a moving screen as you call it is PERFECTLY LEGAL...and the trailing player (usually the defensive player) is responsible for any contact that occurs...

In fact...there really is no such call as a moving screen.... If there is no contact, its nothing...If there is contact, its either a push or a block or charge....NOT a moving screen..

Ever ever ever.

EVER.

Are you kidding me? We beat the hell out of you AND the refs tonight. That was friggin awful officiating. There was a point in time where we'd get within FIVE FEET of the ball and a foul would be called. You'd hit us, it was our fault. Our guy is on the ground getting stepped on, obviously our fault. Whan uat got the ball, they could take 4 steps. All day to get across half court, the ref wasn't gonna call it. And he sure wasn't gonna T up the guy all up in his face. Yall really need to look at one of your players as an OL prospect for next year. Give me a friggin break. Your team flat out got beat. If it weren't for the refs, it would have been worse. AU played good D tonight, and Bama couldn't capitalize when AU got sloppy those few times. They'll never admit it, but I bet uat got freaked out at halftime when they saw Groves.

Does Gottfried get fired now? Who's next, Pat Reilly?

BG, you hit the nail on the head with the current Alabama team. I don't have any ideas to why they play like the do other than they just seem lazy about defense. Mark needs to do something big to wake up this team or they could go into a bad tailspin and have to scramble to get into the dance. This team just looks like they dump everything on Steele and ask him to carry the team and damn the man just can't do it every game.

the refs are trying to get Bama back in the game. Gottfried SUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. If lebo coached Bama, they would be a Top 5 team. What a sh** call on Tolbert

What a bunch of bull****...................Lebo.....are you serious?............Mr. hasnt beat bama in something like 7 or 8 games until tonight......give me a break...........we will crush you in ttown.

the refs are trying to get Bama back in the game. Gottfried SUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. If lebo coached Bama, they would be a Top 5 team. What a sh** call on Tolbert

What a bunch of bull****...................Lebo.....are you serious?............Mr. hasnt beat bama in something like 7 or 8 games until tonight......give me a break...........we will crush you in ttown.

:( ............... :roflol::roflol::roflol: Roll :om:

Ever ever ever.

EVER.

Yeah calls didnt go our way at all in that game.....but it doesnt help when we dont play D and freaking Riley misses 18 three pointers.........Davidson needs to stop shooting the ball outside the paint.....he sucks at that.

CMG is a great recruiter and until tonight I thought he could motivate his team a little. We were flat from the start. It seems to me we do not run any type of set plays on offense, and our defense has to be the laziest in the nation.

If things do not shape up we are not going to win a conference game on the road this year, and if we do lose out on the road it will be hard to make the tourney.

Wow, that makes a complete argument. I should have known we (bama) are equal to Ole Miss. :thumbsdown:

Lebo outcoached Mark tonight ECE, even you could see that. He was throwing out several different looks on defense and Mark either couldn't call the rigth counter move or the guys were just too lazy to do it.

pcola...just like over the back...I know what a moving screen is.

And for all the people who are saying that Im blaming the refs for the loss..please go back and read the 18 posts where i said "the refs arent the reason we lost". That is all.

If it wasnt for the terrible call the referees made at the end of the UGA game, the Bammers would be 1-4 in the SEC and in serious danger of missing the NCAA tournament. You didnt lose to Auburn because of the referess. There is no way you can blame the referees when your team loses by 25 points.

pcola...just like over the back...I know what a moving screen is.

And for all the people who are saying that Im blaming the refs for the loss..please go back and read the 18 posts where i said "the refs arent the reason we lost". That is all.

Apparently you don't....If you did, you'd know it was LEGAL... instead of complaining about Auburn running "moving screens" all night, like there was something illegal about it.

I noticed you didn't comment on my take on the airball your player caught....

The worst call that went in Bama's favor was when Hendrix tucked the ball into his chest and took 4 steps on the inbounds play. How the ref right beside him ever missed that I'll never know... probably the same one that was behind Steele last Saturday.

What a sore loser. Bama got outcoached and outplayed. The refs had nothing to do with it.

If you don't believe the refs are the reason why you lost, then don't start a thread implying it.

Wow, that makes a complete argument. I should have known we (bama) are equal to Ole Miss. :thumbsdown:

Finally--you've seen the light!! :cheer:

You amaze me BG, you see moving screens and hand checks all over the place that the refs missed all night; but you can't see a travel when everybody does and even the refs,who missed the call live, called it after the game. There were missed calls on both sides, and some where obvious. Also I take offense to a rival fan coming on here telling us Auburn fans what we can and can not do. I know you have been on here a while but that is just arrogance and just plain whiny.

He IS a SPUAT fan.

Archived