Luther Davis article

BamaGrad03

I don't get harassing and threatening a kid over where he plays football. I mean, look, I wish these kids wouldn't commit to a school then switch. But they are 18 year old kids and sometimes they think they know where they want to go then they get new info and change their mind. They've got to decide where they want to spend the next 4-5 years of their lives. Cut 'em some slack.

I don't get harassing and threatening a kid over where he plays football. I mean, look, I wish these kids wouldn't commit to a school then switch. But they are 18 year old kids and sometimes they think they know where they want to go then they get new info and change their mind. They've got to decide where they want to spend the next 4-5 years of their lives. Cut 'em some slack.

I agree. I think its the first time Titan and I have actually agreed on something. Anyway, they are 18 years old and might not know what is best for them. They change their minds, it happens to the best of us.

I thought he HAD qualified?????????

A recent article from a newspaper in Louisiana has Luther Davis not yet qualified for the next level.

"I am not really surprised he said that," Davis said. "Like I said, I am not getting much support from people. I am certain I will qualify. What coach Shows doesn't know is my core grades from this past semester was increased to a 3.4. If I can get at the lowest a 3.0 this semester it will bring my G.P.A. to a 2.8. All I would need was a 19 on the ACT. I have a 17 right now. It will not be a problem at all. I am taking an ACT prep class everyday to get me prepared."

I got all kinds of grief for the article I linked and now the kid admits that technically and correctly the coach was right. He has not qualified as of yet, it may look good, but technically the coach was right.

An ACT prep course should get him another 2 or 3 points minimum.

I used to teach an ACT prep in the afternoons for a little extra cash. Knowing HOW to take those tests can increase a point or two alone.

I taught a young man who was offered a scholarship to a small Atlanta school who needed 2 points. (He had a 16) After a month of ACT prep and practice, he made a 21. We pulled his language scores up from a 15 to 23. He actually had to go back and prove that his jump was legit. I never had a kid make less than 2 more points than previous scores.

Now that I think about it, it was still a waste. The kid made it through two semesters then went on academic probation. I saw him about two weeks ago.

An ACT prep course should get him another 2 or 3 points minimum.

I used to teach an ACT prep in the afternoons for a little extra cash. Knowing HOW to take those tests can increase a point or two alone.

I taught a young man who was offered a scholarship to a small Atlanta school who needed 2 points. (He had a 16) After a month of ACT prep and practice, he made a 21. We pulled his language scores up from a 15 to 23. He actually had to go back and prove that his jump was legit. I never had a kid make less than 2 more points than previous scores.

Now that I think about it, it was still a waste. The kid made it through two semesters then went on academic probation. I saw him about two weeks ago.

So exactly how much did you charge to take the test for him? :poke:

Sorry, if I had taken it, they would have definitely known something was amiss.

I did get $200 per, for a four week prep. I just don't have time anymore. I worked this summer for CACC doing an Alabama Graduation exam prep course though. That one probably won't come up again. The funding got yanked.

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/message...c.asp?p=3810266

for a good laugh and even more proof this kid has some problems.^^^^

It was just said on ESPN radio in Monroe that LD took an unofficial visit to La Tech and some of the other recruits that were there said he gave Dooley a verbal.

Archived