WOW....that oregon player needs to be done.

WarTiger

Blount is his last name.. He just sucker punched a boise state player after the game. Caught on ESPN cameras and actually had to be restrained by police and forced off the field. He tried to go after fans when he was restrained by security and one of his coaches. This kid needs to be DONE with football. There is no excuse for that kind of behavior. If he isn't at least suspended for a few games, I'll be shocked. Reprehensible behavior.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Link to video.

Byron Hout started it by tapping LeGarrette Blount shoulder pads and yelling something at him. That followed by Blount laying Hout out. Still not excusable. He should be done with football for sure.

He is the same guy who was quoted in the news last week that they were in for an a$$ whippin. He had 5 carries for -8 yards and was tackled for a safety! HAHAHA Yea, nice whipping you put on them bud! What a piece of trash.

Well, in his defense, he DID deliver on his promise in a way. He put an a$$ whipping on Hout. I don't know that he's done for the year. That seems extreme to me. If it were in game, he'd just get ejected and be back at practice on Monday. It is different after the game is over, but an 11 or 12 game suspension seems harsh. My guess is he gets 6 or 7 unless Chip Kelly (a first year head coach) feels the need to prove a point.

that guy is done... he's upset about a lose and now will be probably suspended for the season.. i hope our players have more class..

Don't be so sure. They operate differently in the PAC-10. My guess is that the suspension will be surprisingly short.

LeGarrette Blount plays punch and run like a sissy after the Boise State game last night.

Way to play like a man...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQC4BKi6qwk

If this guy played for Auburn, I would accept nothing less than dismissal from the team.

HE should be shown the bars! This was not a part of the game itself, therefore he should be brought up on charges and locked up!!!!!

Blount was slapped on the shoulder pads and taunted, then he turned and blasted the BSU player. I don't condone the behavior but how many times have you seen taunting fans/players get blasted in the grill and then cry foul? I didn't see Blount run either. I think he was ready to square up with anyone in blue. Emotions are a little raw after a defeat, you taunt, you get blasted...learn a life lesson on both sides. Indefinite suspension...6 games maybe. The kids learn their lessons and move on.

Trash talk always happens, and typically guys like Blount are also usually the first to dish it out. I didn't see anything about taunting - do you have a link so I can see it?

Trash talk always happens, and typically guys like Blount are also usually the first to dish it out. I didn't see anything about taunting - do you have a link so I can see it?

Uh you didn't see the BSU player slap Blhttp://www.aunation.net/forums/public/style_images/master/rte_icons/link.pngount on the shoulder pads and taunt him at the same time? :blink:

ESPN Full Take

Looks like the police did take him out. That's why he was struggling so much there.

He got a pretty good blow in, the BSU guy just fell backwards.

Blount was the guy saying they were going to give BSU an "ass whooping" because they owed it to them from last year. So, he was probably getting taunted for having made that statement. Seems like he deserved the taunting to me.

I don't care what happened......Blount reacted in a way that should have landed him in jail. He was not assualted, and he was not having to defend himself.

Uh you didn't see the BSU player slap Blhttp://www.aunation.net/forums/public/style_images/master/rte_icons/link.pngount on the shoulder pads and taunt him at the same time? :blink:

ESPN Full Take

Uh, no - thats why I asked.

ESPN Full Take

Uh, no - thats why I asked.

I saw the whole thing and I'd still boot him. That was hardly a slap...didn't even wrinkle his jersey. And the guy moved on past him. He didn't stay in his face or anything. The punch was over the top. When you add on him smacking one of his own teammates who was trying to be a peacemaker upside the helmet and then scuffling with police and coaches, there's no way I'd let him come back.

Not to mention, this isn't his first problem this fall. He was suspended from practicing for a couple of days for being late to team meetings and workouts.

Oregon being my #2 fav, I hate seeing this. A guy that did nothing to contribute to the game was talking crap and got sucker-punched. He should learn his lesson.

OTOH, Blount should be out for a 6 game min, and possibly even booted, to learn his lesson (if he'll ever learn). He was sent away from the first practice this year for 'behavioral issues', so this seems to be a common thing for him. Being a new HC, CCK needs to be quick, harsh, and stick with his decsion. It appears that the team is not fully 'together' and a bad apple could make that go downhill FAST.

I'm not trying to defend Blount, but the BSU guy looked like he deseved to get a strong blow to the jaw. Blount definitely wasn't running away like a sissy either.

I disagree. A man knows how to control himself and take a loss the right way. That was hardly some horrible instance of taunting. I've seen worse in the middle of a game.

Let's put it this way, if that was an AU player, I would expect Chizik to give him the boot. Or at the very least, come down with a heavy hammer. When you wear the Orange and Blue, you represent a lot more than just yourself.

He is the same guy who was quoted in the news last week that they were in for an a$$ whippin. He had 5 carries for -8 yards and was tackled for a safety! HAHAHA Yea, nice whipping you put on them bud! What a piece of trash.

Maybe he meant it literally, and we thought he was talking about the score?! :)!

Who wouldn't fly into a blind rage after being taunted by someone wearing a headband...

Now THAT was funny :roflol:

Archived