tough '10 opponents

5A-au-tiger85

Other than Alabama which team is the toughest game in '10 ???  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Other than Alabama which team is the toughest game in '10 ???

• Clemson
    • LSU
    • Georgia
    • South Carolina
    • Arkansas

Arkansas is that team that AU just cant beat no matter how good we are, or how bad they are !!  Mallet is no doubt NFL potential and will be seasoned by the time Arkansas comes 2 town but can Roof and the Defense confuse and scheme there way to make Mallet make bad judgements !!! Our Offense will have its way with the Ark. defense so if our Defense does a managable job we should get the W for this game !!!!!

I think LSU will be the toughest opponent, but we always seem to have problems beating Arkansas - even when they are not very good.  The Arkansas and Kentucky games kept CGC from winning SEC Coach of the Year last season.....just sayin'

Georgia has just as much returning talent, if not more than LSU, Clemson, or Arkansas. Offensively if they find a qb they will have plenty of weapons on the field.

As for Arkansas... it should be a good game, but Auburn returns enough talent that I believe will finally overcome them.

Clemson doesnt bother me that much... LSU is going to have to replace a good bit of talent on offense. If they can recover they will be a decent team.

I believe Auburn will be the better team in each of these games talent wise... but its just my opinion. We could be the better team and still lose a game if the players dont show up.

we lost to a kentucky team last year that we never should have lost to. Especially not at home.

Last years Arkansas game was a disaster, everything when the Hogs way and we made way to many mistakes offensively. Fannins fumble was extremely ill-timed, and Tates fumble right before half time was even worse.

We helped ARKY out a lot last year.... with penalties and stupidity.

I gotta say that the second year transition in this offense should have us clicking on all cylinders if Newton can deliver to be as good as advertised.

TIFWIW

Arkansas is that team that AU just cant beat no matter how good we are, or how bad they are !!  Mallet is no doubt NFL potential and will be seasoned by the time Arkansas comes 2 town but can Roof and the Defense confuse and scheme there way to make Mallet make bad judgements !!! Our Offense will have its way with the Ark. defense so if our Defense does a managable job we should get the W for this game !!!!!

I agree 100%. I just hope the game is sometime after 3:00pm! War Eagle!

Guest auburn warrior

i am real scared about the arkansas game, ryan mallet just picked our secondary apart this past season

I put down Arkansas for the fact that Mallet is the best returning QB in the SEC.  I don't want to have a duplicate of the UGA-Arky game from Fayetteville or a duplicate of AU-Arky.  This game is one of the main reasons why I am excited about Holland, Lemoner, bonomolo, Owens, and all the other defensive recruits.  Mallet is the real deal and it would be AMAZING to show him a good ole smashmouth AU defense!

Our all-time record against Arky is 10-8-1. That includes us winning 4 of the last seven. Not too much to worry about there.

UGA has more talent than we do and the game is in Auburn this year so they'll have the series' unique "home field jinx" going for them. Georgia it is.

LSU is by far the greater threat.  They have multiple weapons on Offense and a stout D.  Arkansas is a one trick pony.  Mallet is a threat only if we can't get pressure on him.  Last year we couldn't because of injuries.  This year we will plant him like we did Croyle in 05'.  :we:

I voted Arkansas because passing teams are going to scare the hell out of me next year.... because they are the > :devil:

Archived