Keymiya Harrell Commits to AU!

RunInRed

Heads up, could be AU's next commit. Has stated his intentions of wanting to announce before his senior season. We'll see...

813979.jpg

Keymiya Harrell, DE

Plantersville, AL (Dallas County HS)

6'5 / 240 / 4.66

Offers (7+): Arkansas, Auburn, Memphis, Miss. State, Tennessee, Troy and UAB, among others.

Notes

- BCW attendee

- Also stars on his hs basketball team

6' 5"/240/4.7 ! :blink:

And the kid's still got another HS year to grow! Will he fit through the training room door after Yox gets a hold of him?

Heads up, could be AU's next commit. Has stated his intentions of wanting to announce before his senior season. We'll see...

813979.jpg

Keymiya Harrell, DE

Plantersville, AL (Dallas County HS)

6'5 / 240 / 4.7

Offers (7+): Arkansas, Auburn, Memphis, Miss. State, Tennessee, Troy and UAB, among others.

Notes

- BCW attendee

- Also stars on his hs basketball team

I have been hoping we would get this guy. He reminds me of Justin Delaine from last year's class. Really athletic DE from a pretty small school who none of the scouting sites have really seen.

This kid has alot of upside. He could very easily be a 4 star by mid-season if he plays at a high level for another season.

I like basketball players - and I mean actual basketball players, not just guys out there becuase they happen to be big.

Some of our best defenders have been excellent baskeball players...Sen'Derrick, Karlos Dansby...

DEFENSIVE END MAKES HIS CALL

By Phillip Marshall

Auburn continued its recruiting roll on Thursday when defensive end Keymiya Harrell said he plans to sign with the Tigers in February.

Harrell, from Dallas County High School in Plantersville, is among the Tigers’ top defensive end targets.

“I just got off the phone with the coaches,” Harrell said. “I told them Auburn is the right place for me. I just like the coaches, the atmosphere, the players, everything.”

Harrell said he narrowed his choices to Tennessee and Mississippi State before making his final decision.

“It was time to get ready for the season,” Harrell said. “I wanted to make my decision and concentrate on academics and my senior year.”

Harrell delivered his decision to defensive line coach Tracy Rocker, then talked to Jay Boulware, his recruiting coach.

“They were excited,” Harrell said. “They were pumped.”

Harrell, 6-foot-5 and 230 pounds, is a strong pass rusher who also excels in stopping the run. He said he is eager to have the opportunity to play for Rocker, who won the Outalnd Trophy and Lombardi Award as an Auburn defensive tackle in 1988.

“It’s very exciting,” Harrell said. “I can have a chance to make it to the league. Coach Rocker has been there, so he knows what it takes.”

Harrell, Auburn’s 15th commitment, said he plans to take in some Auburn practices before the season.

“I’ve visited Auburn four or five times,” Harrell said. “I loved it every time.”

http://auburnundercover.com/news/articles/2010/8/5/defensive-end-makes-his-call

I like basketball players - and I mean actual basketball players, not just guys out there becuase they happen to be big.

Some of our best defenders have been excellent baskeball players...Sen'Derrick, Karlos Dansby...

Agreed they always have that extra bit of athleticism that the guys who just play football dont have. Nick Fairly was a pretty decent bball player as well at Williamson. He pushed them to a pretty deep playoff run as a senior at Williamson. They may have been state runner up that year.

I remember Jason Campbell being on the verge of playing on AU's basketball team when he was a freshman.

As far as star rankings, not that it really matters, but I could easily see keymiya ending up as an Adrian Hubbard type situation (no star to four star). Litited football experience but a great frame and athleticism, and judging by the video, this guy can play. Welcome to the family!

Archived